Ford Gt Supercar Procharged F2 Start up Video

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Here is my project ive been workn on for the last year. Its been ready to run since march, just been busy so i took the last week off kinda lol Sorry for the heading of the vid, i think the guy who took it was a little more excited than i was:biggrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxleddHVV4o

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Congratulations on finally getting that thing running. :lol

Is it gonna be ready for October? How much power you think it's gonna make? Think it'll go 245+ first effort?

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Stock motor, so IDk what it will even make for power yet. I guess we will see what the dyno says and go from there.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Well hopefully it manages to make a huge *#&#@n number and there's one more Ford GT up over 250!

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
LOL Yeah we will c, I think it will need cams and springs on a stock motor to make good power. Turbo's really make thing so easy and make it easy to make retarded power on stock motors, but im a blower guy. I have the motor out of the silver accufab car here, it doesn't have a billet crank in it yet. I have one here but i don't know what im going to have for time yet. So for now it is what it is. My motor will be done but not till winter as the crank just got finished a month ago. Sold Ray all my cranks back in april so its been a waiting game. LOL

Plus i heard the mile filled up in 6 hours this year, can a person even get in?

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
We have ways to get you in HAHAHA

I know of a tuner shop that has multiple spots reserved for their customers so I got you covered :)

Congrats on getting it running bud!

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
When you have a minute can you please explain WHAT THE HELL THAT THING IS......looks like a Flux Capacitor:eek

Whatever it is I like it:biggrin

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
It looks like you are going to shoot cannon rounds at the cars behind you. :eek

Interesting and good luck with the rest of the project. :cheers

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
looks great Dan, cant wait to see what she'll do, dyno and mile! keep us posted

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
When you have a minute can you please explain WHAT THE HELL THAT THING IS......looks like a Flux Capacitor:eek

Whatever it is I like it:biggrin

its a centerfugal supercharger(kind of like the ones the 5.0 mustangs have been running forever!) being driven by a shaft which runs off the original supercharger pulley. this is an interesting setup to say the least, it has never been tried, theoretically its performance should fall between a positve driven supercharger(like the ones we have on our cars) and a turbo system. It should spool much faster than a turbo since its being driven by the engine, but not as fast as the sc we have on our cars, and it should spin much faster than the roots type blowers and provide more air, but not as much as a turbo. the only down side is that it is still being run off the engine and it does eat up some hp to run it.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
it's about time !! :biggrin Get her buttoned up and bring it to the rally !! :thumbsup

Aug 25, 2006
She sounds "out of this world"

Very cool indeed

Shadowman

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
Thanks Soroush...

So that entire section in between the the charger and the stock shaft/pulley is custom made?

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
I am building this car for the Texas Mile and as my stress reliever car. my goal is on going 250+ in the mile with it @ some point when i get the real motor in it.
A little break down on the specs of it, 5.4 mod motor, stock 4.165 stroke with larger 3.7 bore. 358 cubes darton sleeved block, Billet crank designed by myself with input from John Mihovetz from Accufab. Crank has center counter weights so i can turn this thing to 8300-8800rpms. As we know the cranks perform well "IE ASK RAY:)" Manley billet rods. Diamond pistons. Heads are going to be off the hook, a little different than anyone has done. Roush is doing them and they will have a bunch of trick stuff used from the Daytona protype stuff, .580 plus lift and completly propritory valve material. I also have a set of heads from Fox lake so i can dyno between the two. Going to be 11.5 to 1 compression and run on e98 for going retardedly fast and e85 for around town/country stress relieving. Plan on making about 1600-1700 flywheel hp on e85 and running e98 for the mile duty. Blower selection is going to be 1 of 3 F2's i have, two of them very different as i did some pretty cool stuff with them. Headers were all made my self as i made a jig for them, they are 1 7/8 into 2'' step with 3.5 mufflers and x pipe! The Factory Blower was gutted and we removed where the throttle body was machined off about 3inched of the housing, then capped off where the rotors went and put a 1'' titanium jack shaft through it. I am also in the process now of having a carbon shaft made. Next i sent it do JOHN BECK of BECK MECHANICAL/Texas to do the elbow with where i positioned the T.B. He started with a 104 pound chunk of billet alum and machined the elbow and welded it up for me. The jackshaft then has a supercharger store gear drive coupler on it where it meats the blower. I designed the blower bracket. The car then went to RaceCraft Inc and the crew there drew up the Trans x-member, fabricated the blower pipe to t.b, and built the transfer tank for the belt driven fuel system! A big thanks goes out to PAT,MARK, COREY and the rest of the crew there for helping me out with this!!!! The fuel system will utilize a transfer tank that the factory pumps will pump into and then it will have a magnafuel belt pump and regulator, due to the fact that im runnin a set of 80lb and 160lb injectors on it. Firing this thing is a BigStuff3 Standalone computer with alot of options, Pan vac, racepack egts, fuel pressure, coolant pressure, oil pressure, etc. I then figured out a way to utilize the oem coils instead of the LS1 coils for a cleaner look!! I had my machinist built me a custom set of Wilson d-shaped fuel rails for it. It will also be sporting a traction control box that is very fast and very smart. i have been workn with a company on it for over a 1.5 years. Btw its only 1'' wide 1'' tall and 4'' long. its smarter and faster than most comuters.
It will have dss axles, and the transmission is getn a fuel cryo and gear treatment from liberty in the near future. I then took all the new Ceramic composite brakes off the ZR1 corvette and Modified all the uprights off the GT so it would all fit. This dropped 44lbs of rotor rotating mass alone!!! I had 360 FORGED build me some 21*13 rear wheel wrapped in 355-25-21 Pirreli tires for the rear. and 20*9 for the front. I then sent them the material and they wrapped the centers of the wheels in blue carbon kevlar. Last but not least this thing is going to wear a complete Carbon Fiber body from Us as were are working on duplicating all the body panels off the car in carbon fiber. Roof skin will be on this week:) hoping to have a clamb ready next week. I guess that is about it for now off the top of my head.

I have made 1650 hp with one of these blowers on my racecar with a 360'' motor. If we can figure out how to make the cams/heads happy with the blower and everything else goes as planned there is no reason this thing wont make that much power. Back in 04 John from accufab did a motor that was only 281 cubes with a less technology blower and made 1450hp on a engine dyno. That was with a old school B-head i believe as well.

i'll post a couple pics as well.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Here are a couple pics. I still gotta pull it all apart yet and powder coat, sheild wires put egt bungs in headers, get exhaust coated. etc I wanted to get it runnin and dyno to make sure blower drive is going to work as its the protype that is on it. SO far so good:biggrin

Attachments

• 104_1059.JPG
    104_1059.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 360
  • 104_1057.JPG
    104_1057.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 353
  • 104_1055.JPG
    104_1055.JPG
    122.4 KB · Views: 6,072
  • 104_1056.JPG
    104_1056.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 7,447
Last edited:

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
idk why this pics turned out so big?

Attachments

• 104_0690.JPG
    104_0690.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 383

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
wow!!!!

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
amazing! I dig it

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Holy cow!!! How about that exhaust - makes me dribble...
Good luck...

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
WOW.......Ithought it was a turbine engine at first....WOW....GTJOEY1314