Ford GT Rally 12 *Registration*

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Woohoo, factory rides and 11 NGTs to ogle? I can't wait.

Dave, Since I started this trailer parking part of this thread, I assume you know I'm bringing my trailer also.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yup, noted.

Thanks.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
FWIW - we should have a minimum of 11 new GTs on hand if everyone's stuff is serviced and ready to go. One will be tight.

Blue/Alloy
Blue/Alloy
ECP Blue
ECP Orange/Black
ECP Green/Black
Gloss Heritage
Silver/Black
White
White
White/Blue

Ford is sending two of their cars to give people rides at UMC. That is the plan currently.

:eek:biggrin This is going to be great!:thumbsup

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Unbelievable! Shaping up to be a great rally!

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
FWIW - we should have a minimum of 11 new GTs on hand if everyone's stuff is serviced and ready to go. One will be tight.

Blue/Alloy
Blue/Alloy
ECP Blue
ECP Orange/Black
ECP Green/Black
Gloss Heritage
Silver/Black
White
White
White/Blue

Ford is sending two of their cars to give people rides at UMC. That is the plan currently.

Wow! Can't wait!!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Monterey Auto Week Aug 14-20 then GT Forum Rally Aug 23-26. It'll be the best 2 weeks of the year!

Ed

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Dave, thanks for pulling the strings to get the Ford factory Its there fore rides. Hope the line isn't out the door...

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Hope the line isn't out the door...

Priority for those of us on the "hopeful" list?

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
The line started back on July 27th!
698b8611eef52602edd112f5c2463086.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Nice Special K!!

Dave, any chance Ken Block will make a guest appearance, do some drifting demos for us and join us for drinks? Or maybe include us in his next Gymkhana video? :driving:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Believe it or not, I was at UMC a couple weeks ago. Signed in at the gate early in the AM. Only two names in front of ours were Ken Block and his wife, and sure enough they were out there karting. Funny.

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
That's awesome! Good times. He seems like a good guy with an infectious personality and laugh to boot!

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
Hey y'all. My professional calendar just miraculously opened up. Any hope of participating in the Rally at this very late hour? I have a home about a half hour from Park City so lodging won't be a problem...Cost, of course, is no object :)

davidn

GT Owner
Mar 11, 2007
Carrollton,Texas

Last edited:

Connor-san

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta
Another trailer to park — count me in...

wmjim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sorry, didn't see this sooner. I'll be bringing a trailer.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
For what it's worth, it looks like we're going to run the outer loop rather than the full course at UMC.

I'm assuming demand for rides in the new car will be high. Even on the outer loop, which is 3.05 miles, you're really hauling ass if you're doing a 2:10 lap. Considering an out lap, hot lap, in lap and then the time to get people in and out, there's just no way we'd be able to get people in and out by extending the course even further. Still gets the big straight, and it should be better for all years of the car in hot Utah by getting more air through the car.

I talked to Scott Maxwell (long-time Multimatic driver, FGT race car/road car development driver, CTSC champ) which he preferred, and he told me the 3.05 was more fun in his opinion.

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
Dave,

One dually with a trailer.

Sorry for the late reply. Been swamped with work.

Thanks.

DM

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
For what it's worth, it looks like we're going to run the outer loop rather than the full course at UMC.

I'm assuming demand for rides in the new car will be high. Even on the outer loop, which is 3.05 miles, you're really hauling ass if you're doing a 2:10 lap. Considering an out lap, hot lap, in lap and then the time to get people in and out, there's just no way we'd be able to get people in and out by extending the course even further. Still gets the big straight, and it should be better for all years of the car in hot Utah by getting more air through the car.

I talked to Scott Maxwell (long-time Multimatic driver, FGT race car/road car development driver, CTSC champ) which he preferred, and he told me the 3.05 was more fun in his opinion.

I had a garage at UMC for a few years and spent a ton of time at the track. I know some of you are familiar with the track from the last rally or from other events. I prefer the outer loop for a fun "gentleman's" event, perhaps a little less technical and therefore more of what many of us like; longer, high speed sections. Should be epic, and hoping for the cooler weather we have been enjoying lately.

I have joined the fray and look forward to reacquainting myself with the hairy unwashed. Looking forward to a fun weekend...

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Dave, Arriving Park City Monday or Tuesday, but not checking into the St. Regis until Wednesday. Can I drop the trailer off when I arrive? Or do I have to wait until Wednesday?

We will be very popular with the rest of the hotel guests when we all fire up the GTs at 6:00 AM Friday. :lol