Ford GT Pulley Upgrade Power Package List $999

planmgb

GT Owner
Jun 21, 2011
Dallas, TX
Is this the best bang for the buck? I have a new stock clutch in my GT, I dont want to put more in the car than it can handle.

Any place to get it cheaper or a better one for the money?

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Call Rich with the GT Guys. Most of the pulley's I have seen are the Heffner setup. They are coming down to Dallas in October, i just haven't posted it yet, and will be able to fit a few other cars in to do modifications.

planmgb

GT Owner
Jun 21, 2011
Dallas, TX
Thanks, I dont know how to get that info, I am new to the GT world

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
You can also go the custom tuning route. The FRPP package is a single fixed calibration. If your interested in my $ 999 2.7 pulley / Tune package that many guys in here are concurrently using email me torrie@unleashedtuning.com
Average net is 620WHP with 93 Octane.

That also includes Pulley, SCT programmer, 3 tune files plus post sale calibration support as well.

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
I have had the Ford GT Pulley Upgrade Power Package installed on my GT for about four years with no problems. Also the car did 200.0 mph at the Mojave 1.3 Mile this year with only the kit plus an Accu Fab pipe. I believe I also paid about $1,000 for it. I have been told by people who know more about the subject than I that the Ford kit is superior to the competition's in that it contains everything you need for the install. I'm told that with the other kits you have to buy additional supplies or parts to complete the installation.

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
The price is correct BUT I had to get a different tune- the FRP tune keeps the 205 mph max limiter that kept me below 200 mph at Mojave (speedo error). Installed Torrie's tune. Am happy.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I also have the FRPP Power Upgrade Package. I bought mine at Capaldi Racing, for around $833 plus shipping ($14). Here's the link:

http://www.capaldiracing.com/isell3/results.php?action=showproducts&category=Ford GT

Call them to make sure they can still get it for you.

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
First of all, Planmgb, yes, the pulley and tune for $1k is by far the best for the bucks!! It transformed an already incredible car!! Do it with no reservation.

Dave, yes, pulley tune would get to 200mph in a 1.3 mile format, if one didn't do what I did......and came in at 198.7mph......,hahahahaha. Hopefully, April 21st, 2012... I get my real certificate. ;)

GTED

I have had the Ford GT Pulley Upgrade Power Package installed on my GT for about four years with no problems. Also the car did 200.0 mph at the Mojave 1.3 Mile this year with only the kit plus an Accu Fab pipe. I believe I also paid about $1,000 for it. I have been told by people who know more about the subject than I that the Ford kit is superior to the competition's in that it contains everything you need for the install. I'm told that with the other kits you have to buy additional supplies or parts to complete the installation.

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx

I've sent you a PM with Rich's contact information. Hope to see you in October.

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location

I saw 427 Aggie pm'd you but here's a link to Rich and Denis' website: http://www.thegtguy.com/

They are very very very good at upgrading and maintaining our GTs!

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
+1 for Torrie, very pleased with the tune, power, and of course the support that Torrie provides. Its a better deal than the Ford option.

planmgb

GT Owner
Jun 21, 2011
Dallas, TX
Thank YOU

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Got a Ford racing pulley/tune from Joe Heck racing last year for $620. I have no idea if they still sell them.

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
Anyone knows who can do a FRP install in Miami ?

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
My local Flagstaff, AZ. dealer did mine. I read the procedure, rather straightforward, as long as one has the tools (most dealers should) your local, if reliable, Ford dealer or quality auto technician should be able to do it. Be aware, the FRP tune and their Procal programming unit does not remove the 205 max speed, and with speedo error this could make for a very distressing, say Mojave Mile run (I maxed out at 195.)

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
My local Flagstaff, AZ. dealer did mine. I read the procedure, rather straightforward, as long as one has the tools (most dealers should) your local, if reliable, Ford dealer or quality auto technician should be able to do it. Be aware, the FRP tune and their Procal programming unit does not remove the 205 max speed, and with speedo error this could make for a very distressing, say Mojave Mile run (I maxed out at 195.)

What he said.