Ford GT Portfolio book

HJP

GTX1 Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 13, 2005
Chicago
I imagine there will be an '06 version, we'll see...

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
portfolio book

Yep, my buddy got a gt key chain and a wax bottle, they told him it was special wax for the finish,no book ,but had the bag and cover. probably they lost my cover even though they said it didnt come. As for the book costing 150, again i got mine at borders at i think under 35 dollars the most and at borders it was sealed just like the one that came with the car. guys check out the gt jacket i got that at the ford web site, a cool updated 60s version with 2 with stripes down the zipper. they only had large left and at 6 foot 185 it fits great. enjoy :biggrin

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
do you have a isb number on the book you got from borders ??
i called them, and they never heard of the book ???
yep that site is pretty good, i ordered 2 jackets, shirts, key chains, remote car, books, and i can't remember what else, but almost everything they had available
should have everything this coming tuesday

sam

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Sam , i think we are on the same page my friend!!!the gt polo shirt is great, the jacket is great and for my little guy i got the engine with the flames t shirt, being 11 he hasnt taken it off for 3 days, those where the days. the big guy and wife got matching gt hats, key chains ect, 300 later it was well worth it. fun too. as for the book ewa whos right in your neck of the woods has the book now for 25 dollars , my borders had 5 in stock today. go to www.ewacars.com or call 732 424 7811 in green brook n.j. I just recieved there new flyer yesterday.. enjoy gtjoey :biggrin :thumbsup :biggrin

wonkawonka

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Lebanon
Are we talking about the same book?
The one below is NOT the portfolio book that comes with the GT. The GT portfolio book is about 10 inches tall and 20 inches wide. It is very beautiful, and if you didn't get it with your car, bitch and fight to get it.

S55056.jpg

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
hi all
i finally got to borders today
that is "not" the book that was issued to the dealerships to be given to the gt buyers !!!!!
the dealership book is totally different
has a black hard cover with a gt insignia on it and a gt logo
i did buy the 25.00 book, just to have it, but for sure it is not the same book
sam

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Hi guys, alot of guys got that red book as i did , from the dealer and yes i got the long black and yellow book but my dealer said that was his promo/internal dealer book. i think most others are talking about the one you got at borders...anywho ,i just did a 170 miles out to the north fork and back, thats what really counts what a ride and day. enjoy gtjoey :biggrin

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Funny how each dealer has a different story on the "Book". My dealer said it was meant to come with the car. Mine is on the way.

Cool Runnin'

GT Owner
Oct 6, 2005
Miami Beach
I got two copies of the book from the dealer that sold me my car.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
would you sell one of them?

VIN1591

GT Owner
Oct 27, 2005
Easton, MA
I have seen the 2005 GT Portfolio book (15" x 7 3/4" with black cover) on eBay from time-to-time. They go for $100 - $200.

The cardboard outer shipping sleeve of mine says:

2005 GT PORTFOLIO
TO REORDER THIS ITEM, PLEASE GO TO:
WWW.DEALERESTORE.COM
ITEM # 05GTPORT

The website requires a login id and password -- so, if they're still available, you would have to have your dealer order one.

My understanding is that Ford initially made a limited number and once they're gone they're gone. Maybe some of the cars produced at the end on the 2005 run are not getting potfolios if they're already gone. But, certainly the dealer should have been shipped their copy months ago.

NJGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Ford GT Portfolio Hardcover Book Available From Ford Performance

Saw someone asking $180 on E-Bay for the Ford GT Portfolio Hardcover book - save yourself some money and buy them brand new in the box from Ford.
The Ford Performance Group is selling the Ford GT Portfolio hardcover book for $99.99. I just got mine in the mail. They are also selling various SVT items that they still have including dealer brochures, posters, and tech data cards. For SVT vehicles they will also provide SVT certificates of authenticity containing production number and date. They will soon have these available for the Ford GT as well.
Ford Performance Group is supposed to be the conduit between Ford Racing and various owners groups like the SVT Owners Association (SVTOA). I just received this info when I rejoined the newly reconfigured SVTOA - I also own a 99 Lightning.

Ford Performance Info Center - 1 877-837-2582

hemidoc

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2006
Ottawa, Canada
I got one in the mail yesterday with a nice letter from the VP of Ford Canada. I have had my a car over a year. Nice surprise.

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Guys here is "The BOOK" that I think you guys are talking about. Mine came from Ford directly also with a thank you letter for buying the GT. Came a few months after purchase.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2717&stc=1&d=1177630658
http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2716&stc=1&d=1177630658

:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Attachments

• CIMG0089.jpg
    CIMG0089.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 210
  • CIMG0088.jpg
    CIMG0088.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 241

dikran

GT Owner
Aug 11, 2006
Birmingham, MI
My dealer gave me his before I got my car. I think he kept the one I was going to get. It's a great book. I always wondered if anyone actually received it with the car.

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
this thead is old news already...next

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I bought 2 GTs and never got a book from Ford. I bought my own.

I wonder why the hit and miss delivery?

NJGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
I got one from my dealer when I bought the car. Some dealers appear to have kept them and put them on e-bay. It seems like only the Canadians got theirs directly from Ford.
I have bought several more directly from Ford Performance just to add to my GT literature collection.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
They are definitely available. I got mine from the dealer (not inexpensive) a few weeks ago.

One thing to note: Although the book is beautiful and unique. The printing and binding process looks to extremely complicated, with all the fold-outs and mini-books inside it. Many of the inner glue-points were not secure. I could have fixed it easily enough myself but for the money.... I sent it back.

cammerboss

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2006
parker colo
My dealer got me one for 150.00