Ford GT Owner VIP Hospitality at the 2016 24 Hours of Le Mans

Status
Not open for further replies.

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
We were able to find rooms on airbnb for anyone on the fence looking for a place to stay.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I'm thinking about renting a small tent from some Brits in the infield for Heidi!

Ed

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
Infield tenting may just be the most intimate LeMans experience. Always amazed me seeing $500k+ performance cars parked in among the pup tents.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Infield tenting may just be the most intimate LeMans experience. Always amazed me seeing $500k+ performance cars parked in among the pup tents.
Go to the Bugati conclave …..usually there's $20m+ of them some living in caravans, but quite a few tents in their 'hood too. Muddy there when it rains.

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
Ah yes, the Woodstock experience.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Go to the Bugati conclave …..usually there's $20m+ of them some living in caravans, but quite a few tents in their 'hood too. Muddy there when it rains.

When Monica and I were walking around some of the tent areas I remember there were literally mountains of beer cans - and it was muddy.
Funny, it hadn't really rained... :bored

It is killing me to say I don't think I can make it!
I already have a commitment for EU this summer for 2 weeks to take my late sister's children on vacation...
I'm out of vacation - as I didn't think to purchase an extra week or two last year!
Bummed out about this now!

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I sure hope they find a way to get our GT's to come with us to Le Mans... Would be awesome as well to get to take a lap there!

SuperNova

GT Owner
Jul 4, 2013
Ashburn, VA
Thinking about going, with so many buds making the trip. Trying to make it work, fingers crossed I can swing it.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
What days do we have rooms at the golf resort? Weds thru Sunday night? I have hotel rooms after Sunday (race day) in the Loire Valley and Paris. I don't go home till Friday after the race.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
What days do we have rooms at the golf resort? Weds thru Sunday night? I have hotel rooms after Sunday (race day) in the Loire Valley and Paris. I don't go home till Friday after the race.

You are in Wed, out Mon.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Thanks! I'm all set.

Sound Waves

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 7, 2011
Chicago
BAT let me know if you figure out a way to get the cars over there and I will join you. RL

Namor

GT Owner
Apr 5, 2008
London, UK
I was planning to drive down from London to Le Mans in convoy with some other GT's. Awaiting Dave's guidance but I worry that details of the arrangements to drive down are no existent as understandably most of you own cars in the US and shipping plus insurance is a problem. Is anyone who is attending the event planning on driving down from London?, if so let's synchronise routes.
Thanks

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Anyone that was thinking of bringing a car - any car - to Europe needed to start planning months ago. The boats there are slow. You probably needed to have your car at Port about now to get it there 8n time. You could ship by air though. I lived the picture of the liner with Shelbys car being unloaded

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Anyone that was thinking of bringing a car - any car - to Europe needed to start planning months ago. The boats there are slow. You probably needed to have your car at Port about now to get it there 8n time. You could ship by air though. I lived the picture of the liner with Shelbys car being unloaded

You're incorrect. 6 of our cars are leaving, and they don't need to be at port for at least 3 more weeks. But thanks as always for your informed response.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
You're incorrect. 6 of our cars are leaving, and they don't need to be at port for at least 3 more weeks. But thanks as always for your informed response.

Wow, thats way different from when the Mustang group went over a couple of years ago. They were two months out for delivery. But of course that was then and this is now.

Oh yeah, west coast.

Last edited:

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
I was planning to drive down from London to Le Mans in convoy with some other GT's. Awaiting Dave's guidance but I worry that details of the arrangements to drive down are no existent as understandably most of you own cars in the US and shipping plus insurance is a problem. Is anyone who is attending the event planning on driving down from London?, if so let's synchronise routes.
Thanks

Good morning.

Maybe have I misunderstood you (problem of my translation), but :

- The question of the Ford GT insurance on the the european roads, is resolved. I explained how many times on this forum. If needed, you can contact me on:

http://www.forum-auto.com/les-clubs/European-Ford-GT-Owners-Club/debut.htm

- For everything related to the UK and the trip to Le Mans, you may contact the excellent GT101, which will surely be happy to help you.

Best regards from France.

Francis (Saint Ho)

GT101

*UK Support*
Supporting Vendor
Jan 20, 2010
Colchester, Essex, UK
Ford GT Owner VIP Hospitality at the 24 Hours of Le Mans

We have not arranged anything specifically for the Le Mans 24hr event - only for the Classic in July. I'll be going as a trial run for the classic.

Hope to see a few familiar faces there too.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2006
Shipping cars from the US to the UK is pretty straight forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.