ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Cattlemen's cut!

What about my speedo? Is that acceptable attire at the el lodgeo? :)

Daniel,

Sporting a speedo on your new slimmed down and chiseled hardbody should be quite a treat for the waitresses and female patrons alike. :thumbsup As for me, my speedo ain't quite as speedy as it used to be. :bored I decided I needed to start losing some weight when the owner of the El Charro Lodge told me he would give me a group discount......even when I'm by myself! :ack

Chip

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
PCH drive

Woboose - we should be rolling in there around 4pm. We are leaving the San Francisco area (Half Moon Bay) around 7am & meeting up with some GTs in Monterey around 9am. I think traffic might be pretty ugly when we roll in. Oh well, not much we can do about that unless we leave up here 4am.

Ed

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I guess I have to wake up early!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Thank you for that Bony. Now I can't go to sleep!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
For the record I was referring to my speedo brand sandals. I wuv you guys and wouldn't subject you to that sight... I was just joshing.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
JOEY - fly in with the rest of us for the few days. Take two ambiens and by the time you wake up you're in California...

I'm wo/ GT but have rented a car so I can at least have a cigarette or two when in California Calabassas is close so I also plan to drive around town in the rental smoking with the windows up :)

DBK - need to still send the regisitration form even though I paid three months ago. Just cleaned up the desk today and found it.. Sorry...

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Jayzus Mike... You remind me about the guy with the 9 kids that depended on the pull out technique. Talk about waiting till the last seconds. :)

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Jayzus Mike... You remind me about the guy with the 9 kids that depended on the pull out technique. Talk about waiting till the last seconds. :)

Ahhhhh the old rhythm message. I grew up in Chicago where catholicism has proven that the rhythm did not (or maybe it did) work. Over 6 families there were ~40 kids. Hell we had our own baseball league. It was always fun when the first snow stuck - what a snowball fight!

BTW - here is a Catholic/ GOlfing joke to go with this hijacked thread - now back to the regular scheduled program...
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
An American golfer playing in Ireland hooked his drive into the woods. Looking for his ball, he found a little Leprechaun flat on his back, a big bump on his head and the golfer's ball beside him. Horrified, the golfer got his water bottle from the cart and poured it over the little guy, reviving him.

"Arrgh! What happened?" the Leprechaun asked.

"I'm afraid I hit you with my golf ball," the golfer says.

"Oh, I see. Well, ye got me fair and square. Ye get three wishes, so whaddya want?"

"Thank God, you're all right!" the golfer answers in relief. "I don't want anything, I'm just glad you're OK, and I apologize." And the golfer walks off.

"What a nice guy," the Leprechaun says to himself. "I have to do something for him. I'll give him the three things I would want... a great golf game, all the money he ever needs, and a fantastic sex life."

A year goes by (as it does in stories like this) and the American golfer is back. On the same hole, he again hits a bad drive into the woods and the Leprechaun is there waiting for him. "Twas me that made ye hit the ball here," the little guy says. "I just want to ask ye, how's yer golf game?"

"My game is fantastic!" the golfer answers. "I'm an internationally
famous golfer now." He adds, "By the way, it's good to see you're all right."

"Oh, I'm fine now, thank ye. I did that fer yer golf game, you know. And tell me, how's yer money situation?"

"Why, it's just wonderful!" the golfer states. "When I need cash, I just reach in my pocket and pull out $100 bills I didn't even know were there!"

"I did that fer ye also. And tell me, how's yer sex life?"

The golfer blushes, turns his head away in embarrassment, and says shyly, "It's OK."

"C'mon, c'mon now," urged the Leprechaun, "I'm wanting to know if I did a good job. How many times a week?"

Blushing even more, the golfer looks around then whispers, "Once, sometimes twice, a week."

"What??" responds the Leprechaun in shock. "That's all? Only once or twice a week?"

"Well," says the golfer, "I figure that's not bad for a Catholic priest in a small parish."

Last edited:

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oh No !!

I'm wo/ GT but have rented a car so I can at least have a cigarette or two when in California Calabassas is close so I also plan to drive around town in the rental smoking with the windows up

Hey Mike,

Can I ride with you? :thumbsup

That way I can smoke too! :cool [No smoking allowed in the GT.]:frown

OH NO !!! :eek Mrs. Spirit will want to drive the GT. :eek

Let's see :shrug :confused , Smoke, OR My Beloved GT on the loose in CA with the wild redhead behind the wheel? :willy :confused :willy Decisions, Decisions, Decisions. Dang It, Why did I read your post?:bang

See You Soon.:cheers

Fred

Piana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Northern California
Woboose - we should be rolling in there around 4pm. We are leaving the San Francisco area (Half Moon Bay) around 7am & meeting up with some GTs in Monterey around 9am. I think traffic might be pretty ugly when we roll in. Oh well, not much we can do about that unless we leave up here 4am.

Ed

Ed,
I'm ready when ever you want to leave. Earlier is fine. What time at the Ritz in Half Moon Bay? Are we still meeting there?
Tom

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Piana, if you want we can hook up for the drive to halfmoon bay.

Piana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Northern California
Piana, if you want we can hook up for the drive to halfmoon bay.

Sounds good.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I also will have a sag wagon while in CA, a new Edge. Open to smokers, coolers, whatever. Should I stock up on half-shaft bolts and Royal Purple?

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Please count me in on the run down from West L.A. to the hotel. Meeting in the Santa Monica area would well for me (that's where the Edmunds.com offices are...).

JBG

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 25, 2006
Scottsdale
Dress Code

Any ideas on attire for the Peterson Museum and the cruise? I'm getting the third degree! Can someone help :confused

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
ladies dress atire

I'm thinking since this is SoCal that bikini tops & very short shorts is appropiate for the ladies.

Bony - your thoughts on this please!

Ed

Woboose

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 2, 2006
Malibu, CA
PCH Caravan

Ed

Ed -

Let us know if you think the schedule below is realistic. Check in time at the hotel is 3pm.

Leave Half Moon Bay 5am. Drive 100 miles / 1hr45min to Monterey.
GT's will be waiting.
Quick cup 'o Starbucks
Leave Monterey 7am. Drive 300 miles / 5 hrs + 1 hr lunch break en route.
Arrive Malibu 1pm. GT's will be waiting. 1 hr break in Malibu.
Leave Malibu 2pm. Drive 30 miles / 35 min to Santa Monica Pier.
GT's will be waiting.
Leave Santa Monica @ 3pm. Drive 50 miles / 1hr to Newport Beach.
Arrive @ hotel 4pm.
Nap. Nookie. Shower. Cocktail reception.

If this is to much of a hassle just say so. It's a lot of driving for you Northern Cal boys. We can always just meet in Newport.

I realize 5am is early. However, if you try to get to Newport from Malibu after 4pm it may add 1 hour or more to your trip - hit or miss.

Lemme' know.

Woboose

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 2, 2006
Malibu, CA
Please count me in on the run down from West L.A. to the hotel. Meeting in the Santa Monica area would well for me (that's where the Edmunds.com offices are...).
of course

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Before I can offer sage advise, please post pictures of wives, girlfriends etc. :)

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Before I can offer sage advise, please post pictures of wives, girlfriends etc. :)

Not for the Michelin lady!