Ford GT National Rally 9 *REGISTRATION* Who's in?

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Sent from the CNN App for Android

10 things you didn't know about Las Vegas
http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/17/travel/las-vegas-10-things-bourdain/index.html

Alexander

GTX1 Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 28, 2011
Munich
Hi Dave ! We registered 4 PAX last month for Las Vegas. I would like to pay directly to you, like last year, since we had the problem with paypal - they never returned my payment from last year, by the way :-( . I don't think paypal is a registered charity !

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Hi Dave ! We registered 4 PAX last month for Las Vegas. I would like to pay directly to you, like last year, since we had the problem with paypal - they never returned my payment from last year, by the way :-( . I don't think paypal is a registered charity !

Yes! Looking forward to seeing you Alex.

Vince H

Alexander

GTX1 Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 28, 2011
Munich
Yes! Looking forward to seeing you Alex.

Vince H

Oh yes Vince !......this time I am staying right behind you to take the runners-up trophy :)

GTMikey

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2008
Lake Tahoe
Just signed up, so psyched. I have driven on Spring Mtn with the GT and my Boss 302 Laguna Seca a few times. It's a great facility. Last time I was there Bob Bondurant blew my doors off down the back stretch, I thought it was some old guy:)

A couple things, the drive from the hotel to the track is pretty amazing, scenic and there are some some REALLY long streches of open road. It's about 40-45 mins drive. There is a fun hole in the wall bar we have hit on the way back to Vegas the last 3 years at the Shelby Bash. Stop for 1 pop or soda, it's a must see, been there for ages in the middle of the desert. Bras hanging off the ceiling from the Biker girls who stop in:)

I just drove my GT from Tahoe to Vegas for the Mustang 50th Celebration a couple weeks ago. We did a drive through the Valley of Fire, out the east gate and around Lake Mead, I have it on the Gopro, I will edit it and post it, really fun drive. Lot's of curves and open stretches.

The new Shelby American Facility is 5 minutes from the Hotel. It's a must see, the first Cobra, tons of historic cars and some really cool, new, fast stuff.

DBK, they had a great car show for the Shelby Bash complete with a live Band and tour of the facility. They did a great job on the new place, really nice tour/visit. If you are interested in having the boys with our cars there one night I know they would give us the first class treatment and private tour. Happy to help arrange that through Gary Patterson. I am psyched, this is going to be fun.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
DBK, they had a great car show for the Shelby Bash complete with a live Band and tour of the facility. They did a great job on the new place, really nice tour/visit. If you are interested in having the boys with our cars there one night I know they would give us the first class treatment and private tour. Happy to help arrange that through Gary Patterson. I am psyched, this is going to be fun.

That's where we're having our car show! Already done! A great spot to do it and it's right up the road. :cheers

GTMikey

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2008
Lake Tahoe
Another thought. When I had my Heritage on the track there in 2012 there are some long straight aways and with the new layout it looks like a couple more. I had the stock brakes on the car and had some serious brake fade 5-6 laps in on a 80 degree day. If you are thinking about upgrading the brakes for the track, i'd do it.

GTMikey

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2008
Lake Tahoe
That's where we're having our car show! Already done! A great spot to do it and it's right up the road. :cheers

That's awesome!!!! People are going to love that place, car lovers dream.

GTMikey

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2008
Lake Tahoe
The stop on the way back to Vegas is Mountain Springs Saloon, fun stop on the pass back to Vegas.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/M...2!3m1!1s0x80c8b78db987951f:0xa1e5e14b0ab62d23

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
North of Pahrump.

_MG_0804.jpg

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Well, I have an update on the hotel, and it contains good news (A) and good news (B).

The good news (A) is that the hotel renovation and rebranding is well underway, and I think it looks awesome. It's modern, cool, and will be fresh just in time for our arrival. I've attached some pics below.

The good news (B) is that for launch they have dropped the rates to essentially what we are already paying when you average out the 4 nights, so they will now be dropping the Thursday night rate for our group down from $209 to $99 for the night to ensure we are still receiving a substantive discounted rate. I think it works out to $180 a night. Good for us! For those that have already booked, no worries, it will apply, and it should be reflected in the online booking by Friday.

sliding-main3.jpg

sliding-main7.jpg

sliding-main4.jpg

sliding-main6.jpg

Sliding-Hotel-King4.jpg

Sliding-Hotel-Penthouse1.jpg

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Wonder if the night before the group rate is going down too? That was a lot more than the group rate.

Should be fun!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Is that a recent picture (and I mean very recent) or the artist's (photoshop) conception of what it will look like? It was still signed as TheHotel when we drove by it last Friday. I have to admit I've been holed up at our house and haven't been there since we came to town.

But wow, the place looks awesome!

One thing Vegas does is "rebuild". At the drop of a hat. They remodel every few years and tear down whole complexes that aren't even 10 or 15 years old. And yet they still hold on to the Tropicana :)

Last edited:

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
...And yet they still hold on to the Tropicana :)

And the Sands! and Circus Circus, and the Riviera!

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Been said a thousand times before so add this one to the list. THANKS DAVE!

Vince H

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
New rate should now be reflected for hotel bookings. :cheers

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Not a big deal I'm sure it will straighten out but this is what my rate shows today
Rates
Oct 14, 2014 - USD 229.00
Oct 15, 2014 - USD 229.00
Oct 16, 2014 - USD 229.00
Oct 17, 2014 - USD 229.00

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'll let them know. After I sent back in the addendum they said they'd input it this morning.

GTMikey

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2008
Lake Tahoe
DBK - is there a daily charge for parking? I heard that we have the special area with security again. If you don't stay at the Delano can you still pay to park there? I am staying in the Rally block of rooms at the Delano but someone asked me about it.

Ed

ED, dug this up today, this was a fun day. I think you spun them and I over revved 2nd. Who was the GT owner who did the 2nd gear 1/8 mile burnout and smoked his clutch??

Attachments

• IMG_0599.jpg
    IMG_0599.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 399

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
That would be Piana!

Ed