Ford GT insurance

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Who do you insure your Ford GT with, and what is your premium? I moved my truck from Colorado where a two vehicle policy (2004 Dodge, 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee) was about $1000/year to Nevada where just the truck alone is 1500.

The Ford GT insurance needs to be moved soon - before the policy or the plates expire. I currently have AIG with a declared value policy at $1/1000 of coverage plus whatever the liability costs (which will no doubt get jacked).

I'm especially interested in hearing from Nevada folks.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Check our Forum Sponsors!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Check our Forum Sponsors!

I will do that. But still looking for others.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Drew at Classic

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
State Farm has regular ($1200-1500/yr) and agreed value/classic insurance

Hagerty/Grundy is expensive in manystates

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I called Drew, he could not insure in ma (we have very strange laws) Use hagerty now, for the gt and a few other.

Last edited:

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Make sure your umbrella carrier adds the GT (under Hagerty) to your policy

State Farm has a policy that if you dont inform them of additional vehicles under their Umbrella Policy (makes sense i guess in risk/premium) its not covered and there is a grey area around attachment points/underlying limits AND they charge you a surcharge for having a vehicle with another insurer too.

Found this out from State Farm when I went to put by GT with Drew and found my SL (Hagerty) had no umbrella max liability coverage under State Farm for last 8+ years b/c I didnt disclose to them. JUst because its under your roof, and your the driver, doesnt mean they will cover liability arising from use.

Last edited:

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
I use State Farm here in Michigan.\

ajb

spineracer

GT Owner
Jan 5, 2014
Metro NY
Last January I receive three quotes for Long Island, Approx #'s, Hagerty 4700-, Grundy 3800, Geico 1750 (all approx same coverage). Hagerty was a pain in the >>s. Sure, the expensive guys may pay out faster but you will get paid when you file a claim.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Kayvan, these types of issues, is exactly why I use one agent, that handles all, home, umbrella, regular cars, and even hagerty.