Ford GT in Orlando for $183K, are prices headed up again?

Fuelman

GT Owner
May 15, 2006
Orlando, Fl
I was in a Courtesy Ford today looking for a car for my nephew. They had an 06 dark blue Ford GT, all four options. They had "Market value adjustment" on the car. I was surprized to see that, I thought those days had passed. Is that coming back now that the production is coming to an end? Also, they had a Shelby Mustang, with a market value adjustment of $15K and some other charges also, they apparently sold this car for $60K.

kageno

GT Owner
Jun 21, 2006
Kenmore WA
Don't think so.

Fuelman said:
I was in a Courtesy Ford today looking for a car for my nephew. They had an 06 dark blue Ford GT, all four options. They had "Market value adjustment" on the car. I was surprized to see that, I thought those days had passed. Is that coming back now that the production is coming to an end? Also, they had a Shelby Mustang, with a market value adjustment of $15K and some other charges also, they apparently sold this car for $60K.

There's a brand new 05 on cars.com being offered at 138,000 (OBO) so I think Courtesy Ford needs to stop smoking that stuff....

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...+descending|Q-descending|Z-98028&aff=national

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Good question. I saw a nice heritage'06 and they wanted 200K.. I told them I'd give them sticker for an OTD price and they said that was 174K I guess the heritage paint job is a 13K upgrade?? Does that sound right Heritage guys?? :ack

EasyEric

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2006
Florida and Georgia USA
Yes, Heritage paint is a $13K option.

Eric

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
There's a brand new 05 on cars.com being offered at 138,000 (OBO) so I think Courtesy Ford needs to stop smoking that stuff....>>>>>

On the Cars.com ad, Nikki the dealer says to send her an email asking why the car is being sold for so much less than other GTs......she goes on to say it hasn't been in an accident....

maybe the $138 K price is the price after putting a $25 K down payment on the car :ack or some such nonsense.

Anyone else think that the days of "below MSRP" for a new GT will soon be over now that the run is ending?

Last edited:

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
Fuelman said:

I spent a good amount of time at that dealership trying to talk down the price about a month ago. It's a beautiful car, but... They would only go as "low" as $7K over MSRP. I did tell them what others were going for, but it didn't matter. They've been sitting on that car for a few months now, so soon they might drop the price (if they want it sold). That dealership had also sold 2-3 others prior to that at higher prices, so maybe they are just clueless that prices have dropped since. Who knows? :frown

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
My original plan was to wait till December to buy. I know that the inventory would be shrinking, but dealers love to bail out on cars at year end. I had a weak moment, but came in near sticker in March. That's my guess on when the bottom will happen. Of course all of this depends on the price of gas. $4 gas could push the price of all performance cars down. Hello 1973.

quick time

GT Owner
Jul 27, 2006
After investigating the market I found a new 2006 with all the options for thousands below MSRP. The dealers have about a $15000 profit on the car plus hold back. Do not pay MSRP or over. Cars are out there for less. My deal which was made just 1 week ago on Ebay proves it. Car is sitting in my garage right now with 4 miles on it and it is perfect. Do not listen to these dealers that still want to gouge you. Move on. Just my .02 worth!

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
BH Ford has a silver and a black with all options comming in the next week and they are asking 10k over and getting it..I think prices are heading up.

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
I hope prices are headed up.... I got mine at at MSRP, but had to have it shipped in from Minnesota to Texas... still saved a bunch over what the DFW area dealers are (still) asking.

Mine is sitting in my garage about 50 ft from me right now, paid for, clean, full of fuel, and it puts a smile on my face each time I walk through the garage... which btw... is very often.

mardyn

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2006
IMO the reason for the prices from some dealers starting to go up is because of the production ending. They figure if they start asking these prices now, when the inventory starts to shrink they will be more likely to get there asking price. Like Silverbullitt said about dealers wanting to sell by the end of the year I completely agree with. They don't want to carry that car over to the next year on there floor plan, especially when thats $135K+ on on there plan. That is alot of Fusions that would be alot easier to sell then a Ford GT.

Feb 14, 2006
mardyn said:
I hope prices are headed up.... I got mine at at MSRP, but had to have it shipped in from Minnesota to Texas... still saved a bunch over what the DFW area dealers are (still) asking.

Mine is sitting in my garage about 50 ft from me right now, paid for, clean, full of fuel, and it puts a smile on my face each time I walk through the garage... which btw... is very often.

mardyn

Very nice picture... :thumbsup

You must like the color black right??? LOL

rocket

GT Owner
May 23, 2006
Denton, Texas 76205
Health cause me to sell

I have a pair for sale---an 05 Ford GT with 400 miles on it and an 07 Shelby Mustang, both red with white racing stripes. What is the price trend on these? Anyone have suggestions?

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
Yea, all my stuff is color coordinated... :biggrin I've gotta' resize (reduce) that pic and I'll put it back up.

mardyn

Feb 14, 2006
Hey, it looked fine on my 20.1" widescreen monitor. LOL

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
LEMANSZ said:
BH Ford has a silver and a black with all options comming in the next week and they are asking 10k over and getting it..I think prices are heading up.

I hope you're right and believe you are! However I thought silver/black was an '05 color?

cudacharlie

Dec 21, 2005
SoCal
BH Ford is actually getting over MSRP? Did they sell the black no stripes car they've had for a while?

I stopped by to take a glance, and the sales guy pounced on me and started with the old "what's it gonna take to put you in this car?" routine. He actually said, "Look at that moon. Beautiful, isn't it? If we can put a man on the moon, we can put you in this car!" (wow.) Then he said they'd just knocked $10k off the price, and it was ready to go out the door at a bargain price of......

$190k. (!)

At least a black no stripes GT would have a better chance of selling over market in BH than anywhere else. At least it's the right car at the right dealership! Sure did look mean in stripe delete livery.

Rocman's new shoes would look deadly on that car....

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
A New 05 White/Blue GT just sold at local dealer here for $25K over MSRP.

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
An '05 sold for 25K over MSRP? WOW!!!!

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
SuperB said:
An '05 sold for 25K over MSRP? WOW!!!!