Ford GT in clasifieds

AHudson

GT Owner
Nov 6, 2009
Alabama
Just listed my car here. Hope its okay to put link to post here:

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?26341-Tungsten-4-Option-100-stock-GT-for-sale

topshot

GT Owner
Feb 6, 2012
Metro Detroit, MIchigan
nice car,,, good luck

gtforme

GT Owner
Apr 12, 2009
Hate to see a guy sell his GT and even worse to see it priced so low on such a public forum , regardless of mileage

Did you try selling it to Shelby at Elite

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
If its as good as the ad looks, it will go quickly at this price.

AHudson

GT Owner
Nov 6, 2009
Alabama
Uh wow, that was quick. Deal pending. (Of course, they're not done until they're done, but nice conversation just ensued.) Thanks folks. Love the FGT brotherhood.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Congrats! Great car. Great price.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Yep, amazing deal for someone. Retail on that car should have been in the 170s.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Price it right and it will go. Only wish I had another garage spot.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Yep, amazing deal for someone. Retail on that car should have been in the 170s.

Not with 30K miles on the clock. But 140's is most definitely a good deal.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

Apparently you don't understand that milage should make little difference, as Jeff and I have proven. Our cars are as healthy today as the day we got them from the dealerships!!

Unless you're referring to a car with less than 1,000 miles....

Last edited:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I saw a black with silver stripes on the bay with 5-6000 miles for $179K

From a Chicago dealer. Of course gone today, saw it yesterday.

Not arguing the price one way or the other, just saying I saw it, nothing more.

AHudson

GT Owner
Nov 6, 2009
Alabama

Any exotics are highly mileage sensitive, the FGT being no exception (though we can defend durability all day long.)

Apparently you don't understand that milage should make little difference, as Jeff and I have proven. Our cars are as healthy today as the day we got them from the dealerships!!

It should make little difference, but low miles is a big barometer. I like that this car begged driving. It was stout as ever, no rattles, disappointments of any type. Roadworthy and confidence inspiring, belying the odometer completely! Long live Ford.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
I saw a black with silver stripes on the bay with 5-6000 miles for $179K

From a Chicago dealer. Of course gone today, saw it yesterday.

Not arguing the price one way or the other, just saying I saw it, nothing more.

It was in an accident. I looked into that one too:)

I'm not denying the reliability of these fine cars. I wouldn't be willing to buy a higher mileage one if I did. But mileage does affect price. You must agree based on your ninja edit;)

Any exotics are highly mileage sensitive, the FGT being no exception (though we can defend durability all day long.)

It should make little difference, but low miles is a big barometer. I like that this car begged driving. It was stout as ever, no rattles, disappointments of any type. Roadworthy and confidence inspiring, belying the odometer completely! Long live Ford.

Well said. Congrats on the quick sale!

Last edited:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Did the Black one state accident Hx in the listing?

I saw the blue one in Arizona did. That car sounds like a nice deal too if you can get a good PPI.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...4855292?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item56521d8afc

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Did the Black one state accident Hx in the listing?

I saw the blue one in Arizona did. That car sounds like a nice deal too if you can get a good PPI.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...4855292?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item56521d8afc

It did. By the time I inquired about it, sale was pending, so they wouldn't disclose any further info to me.

Also know about the blue AZ car. This was actually posted here by Rich Robach (GT Tech) a little while back. FGTF member recently passed away, estate sold it to a car dealer in Scottsdale. Carfax states it HIT another car which disabled the vehicle. Rich told me there were no major mechanical issues. But the car is WAAAY overpriced given its history. I sent the dealer with what I thought (and was told by Rich) to be a market appropriate offer and was promptly declined.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Ah, now I remember him posting that.

Unfortunately, not a buyer's market at the moment. Prices are strong and sellers are willing to wait for a buyer at their price......cause it appears they can do that successfully.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
What about the black one at Marv's in Fresno?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California

Unfortunately, not a buyer's market at the moment. Prices are strong and sellers are willing to wait for a buyer at their price......cause it appears they can do that successfully.

Maybe the stock market is affecting he pricing. As the portfolio increases in price, the buyers are willing to pay more and the sellers are less eager to sell.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX

Unfortunately for me, you're correct. I'm not begrudging any dealer to make a profit, but I know what that one paid for the car and he's trying to rake someone over the coals with his price.

What about the black one at Marv's in Fresno?

Tried to contact Nathan about it. No response. 99% sure it's gone. Marv's inventory is usually on eBay as well and it's not there.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Looks like there just isn't that much out there. Even Shelby is down to 7 most of which are full customs which IMO are better deals than doing it piecemeal.

I guess scour all your sources everyday, several times a day and be ready to pounce the second a bargain comes up. :cool