Ford GT Hotline... What a Joke!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroVette

Jun 4, 2006
Irvine CA
Still can't get my GT into first gear, really makes me sick to drive it. As recommended by this forum, I called the GT hotline. She took my info, said someone would call me back... that was two weeks ago. :bs

Is there any new news on the first gear problem? The clutch is obviously binding, when I start the car with it in gear (and my foot on the clutch), the car starts crawling forward, as if it was an automatic transmission in "D".

I tried bleeding the clutch myself (another suggestion from this forum), it was worth a try, but made no difference.

Any and all suggestions are welcome. Or if anybody wants to buy it, shoot me an offer in the high 140's and it's yours. I'd be glad to get rid of this turd.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
That sucks! Have you tried the dealer you bought it from?
Take it to a dealer before you get rid of it. It would be a shame to deprive yourself of such a fine automobile because of a simple fix. It may be a bad pump.

ZeroVette

Jun 4, 2006
Irvine CA
Are you kidding me? The dealers are as big a joke as the GT Hotline. It spent a week at one dealer, and a day at another. Neither dealer had a clue what to do with it or where to start. The obvious starting point would be to bleed the clutch, but neither dealer suggested it, I ended up doing that myself.

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Wow!

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Was this a problem since delivery, or something that started after owning the car for a while? If since delivery, I would have not accepted it.

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Is this a white/blue problem only? I knew I should have gotten the black one!

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
i see you are right in irvine ca
take it right over to the saleen plant, they are now allowed to do warranty work on our gt's
from past experience, they are the best and know every facet about the gt's

sam
#1451----red/white
#03------saleen extreme

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
samthejeepman said:
i see you are right in irvine ca
take it right over to the saleen plant, they are now allowed to do warranty work on our gt's
from past experience, they are the best and know every facet about the gt's

Great idea, my office is in Irvine about 1 mile from Saleen. I should think they would fix it straight away. I've had interior panels fall off my Lambo and the door switch fall off of my Ferrari. Any car can have a few problems, but once you get through the initial issues, it's great. Good luck.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
I met a Ron from Saleen a week back. He said they can do service or repairs but it must go through the dealer.

Take that thing to the dealer you got it from and tell him to have Saleen repair it or you will have it "lemon lawed". Leave them the car and keys. Most dealers don't want it in their service bay. If you drive it away it's the old out of sight out of mind.

I had this problem with a custom/hand built motorcycle and after the first letter form my attorney the wheeles started moving BIG TIME!
Good Luck.

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
By the way...I do have to agree that the Ford GT "hotline" is bullshit. They weren't much help to me either. I had to get resolution on the issues myself. And frankly, their attitude sucked when I complained that they were not retuning my phone calls and it was taking months to get a simple manual for the car. Never did get my diffuser fixed by them, they basically told me to Fu@# myself. Lamborghini and Ferrari both have far superior factory customer support, not even a close call. Lamborghini painted an entire car for me once, a whole year out of warranty. I can't even get these jerks to cover a damaged diffuser with 1.8 miles on the car. :frown

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
I don't know if this was answered yet or not, but has this problem been there ever since you took deilvery? Does it do it in all gears during crank? If it just happened all of a sudden it sounds like someone tried a 3rd gear burnout except the clutch exploded instead of the tires spinning. Trust me I have seen this before. Meaning there is a piece of friction material or other foreign object between the clutch discs not allowing it to disengage all the way. Just my thoughts.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
If you are close to the Saleen plant, take it to them. They would be all over your car.

My brother has an Saleen S7 and they air-shiped his car from Dallas to CA, over a minor braking issue. Then they got it back to him the same way. They love fast cars and they love happy customers. It's a good combo for us.

Roger Vincent

GT Owner
May 31, 2006
Bowling Green, KY
Fubar,

Was this done under warranty?

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Let me offer a different opinion on the GT hotline. I made a call today with a question about transaxle fluid. The helpful woman that answered the phone set up a three way conversation with the guy at Ford that did all the analysis work back in 2002 on transaxle viscosity. What other company will put you on the phone with the guy that did the development work? I'll have to give them a thumbs up. :thumbsup

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Florida Chris said:
Let me offer a different opinion on the GT hotline. I made a call today with a question about transaxle fluid. The helpful woman that answered the phone set up a three way conversation with the guy at Ford that did all the analysis work back in 2002 on transaxle viscosity. What other company will put you on the phone with the guy that did the development work? I'll have to give them a thumbs up. :thumbsup

I called twice, both times got the data I needed, excellent service, no problem at all. Maybe it was the way I addressed the person? I am a graduate of Chris's school of good manners :biggrin

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
My experience was very good with the hot line. I had a problem with the coolant hose and they dispatched a flatbed to get me and my car to the nearest dealer. Estimated time for the trucks arrival was way off, but every 15 min. or so they would give me a call to let me know the trucks progress and to make sure I was ok. In the meantime, I was able to walk to an auto-zone for some tools and coolant before the truck arrived. I then called them and told them I would no longer need to be picked up. Guess what? They called the nearest dealer and had a tech wait for me.

I certainly hope you get your car taken care of. Sometimes it just one person that makes the difference. The Saleen option seems like the way to go. Any other gt owners have any luck with dealers in this area???

Manny

Oh-- did I mention it was on a Saturday, and the dealers service area was closed. Chris, are classes full for next semester?

rsilverman

GT Owner
Mar 25, 2006
new jersey
My own 2 cents:
I called on 2 separate occasions. Once for my battery that had exploded during delivery of my 7 mile car. They had little to offer help wise. The second time was for assistance on what to do about the 2 extra quarts of oil my dealer put in as part of the new car prep. Again, the help line was less than helpful, and like other people here complaining, I never received a call back.
Thank god for the forum, that's been my most reliable and accurate source of information.

Roger Vincent

GT Owner
May 31, 2006
Bowling Green, KY
After production ends...then what?

After the production ends, will the help line also end? I would think it would need to exist until at least 2010 (last car produced and sold, warranty and all that). Any thoughts or knowledge of Ford's plan? This forum may indeed be our last real "self help" line.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Roger Vincent said:
After the production ends, will the help line also end? I would think it would need to exist until at least 2010 (last car produced and sold, warranty and all that). Any thoughts or knowledge of Ford's plan? This forum may indeed be our last real "self help" line.
Manny.. I am signed up for Chris's
Advanced ettiquette and aerobatical competitive training... Getting ready for my first communion :)

Maybe we can get a group rate...kaching

Roger Vincent

GT Owner
May 31, 2006
Bowling Green, KY
OK, OK, Bony, Hot Line...lol, but the question still remains.

Status
Not open for further replies.