Minnesota
May not be in a mile but man it does it very effortlessly

Congrats to all involved

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
What are the specs on that incredible rockets engine/rpms & drive train changes
Wonder how smooth a runway has to be to do 300mph (with one hand on the wheel at 300mph)
That parachute haul down is amazing.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Oh wow! Yay Ford GT!

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Wow, imagine shooting right past 250 like that.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
What was the distance? And it looked like he could have done more if he hadn't run out of runway.

Is there any other vehicle than the Ford GT that anyone has tried to do this???

They GT aerodynamics were perfect right out of the box!

Was this a Gas Monkey build?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Richard Rawlings + Johnney Bohmer = who knows.......

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
What was the distance? And it looked like he could have done more if he hadn't run out of runway.

Is there any other vehicle than the Ford GT that anyone has tried to do this???

They GT aerodynamics were perfect right out of the box!

Was this a Gas Monkey build?
1.2 miles and I don't believe so.
Gas monkey sponsored not built.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Richard Rawlings + Johnney Bohmer = who knows.......
Johnny has always been a character but hard to deny him going this fast this time with video evidence. His failure to release videos in the past lead to a lot of the speculation around his records. Guinness does not allow people to cheat to get a record, other wise their whole brand would not be recognized but none the less many hated and doubted what he did...

Reactions: analogdesigner

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
What are the specs on that incredible rockets engine/rpms & drive train changes
Wonder how smooth a runway has to be to do 300mph (with one hand on the wheel at 300mph)
That parachute haul down is amazing.

Engine is built by MPR racing engines out of Florida.. Has a stock trans with different gear sets in it. Engine turns 8900rpms witnessed in the video.

Reactions: Fast Freddy

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
2.40 miles to go 310 is what it took him at what ever hp he is running i suspect 1500-2000hp.

Reactions: THamonGT

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
WOW!!! 😲😲😲
'Wonder what that car could have topped out at if it had had more 'pavement'?!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Johnny has always been a character but hard to deny him going this fast this time with video evidence. His failure to release videos in the past lead to a lot of the speculation around his records. Guinness does not allow people to cheat to get a record, other wise their whole brand would not be recognized but none the less many hated and doubted what he did...
Exactly why I will let who ever reads the post, the option to formulate their own opinion......

Reactions: steved57

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Exactly why I will let who ever reads the post, the option to formulate their own opinion......
Anyone with the desire could build a 2000+ hp engine and go this fast in a GT. Not discrediting anyone who's been that fast cause there are only two of them (and rays car that went 250) but the GT is such a great car that anyone with money/a motor that will last for 20+ seconds at the needed hp levels and trans that will hold up (geared properly) can run this fast. Also Its pretty hard if you know anything about rpms and gearing this time to rule out that they did not go this fast because you can prove it with math, the video, tach and him being in 6th gear at 8500rpms is pretty hard to discredit the achievement.

If Mark/M2K were given that runway and the ability to run that longer distance with the hp their car makes it would run well over 330mph with ease I believe.

Last edited:
Reactions: steved57

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Impressive run. Looks like those brake rotors may be installed backwards which could play a role in the stopping distance.

Kpgarage

GT Owner
Mar 17, 2019
V8 American power!

Reactions: 2112

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Never forget that in his insatiable desirable to be a Z-list internet celebutard, Bohmer and his crew of camera wielding mental midgets ran up on Ray Hoffman(RIP) , his wife, and their small child with a mean-mugging chubby Indian Rent-a-Cop wearing a tactical vest that was wielding an assault rifle at a car event. Pure class. I always forget about that.

I don't care if Bohmer breaks the World Bohmer Record at the Bohmer Invitational at Bohmer Field verified by Bohmer International. Clown show. Luckily M2K called it a day when they hit 300 in less than half the distance.

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
I was there that day with Ray and saw the "show". Indeed, hard to forget.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I don't care if Bohmer breaks the World Bohmer Record at the Bohmer Invitational at Bohmer Field verified by Bohmer International. Clown show. Luckily M2K called it a day when they hit 300 in less than half the distance.

But doesn't the Grease Monkey crew add legitimacy?

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
But doesn't the Grease Monkey crew add legitimacy?

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: dshears

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Beer spit on computer screen.... TaHnKs 2112

Reactions: dshears