Ford GT gets stuck in the mud

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Given the choice, Goodwood is my pick, but I have no problem going there.
I make a fair percentage of my income from French products. I just understand how they feel about Americans and their neighbors. From my travels I have learned that the Brits and Germans have equal disdain for the French.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Does this mean we aren't goin' back to LeMans ??

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl :thumbsup :cheers

H

HHGT

I make a fair percentage of my income from French products. I just understand how they feel about Americans and their neighbors. From my travels I have learned that the Brits and Germans have equal disdain for the French.

Bony, I beg to differ. I've traveled through six continents and they all have disdain for the french.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit

Goodwood is always a great venue, but the Duece (Henry Ford II) would have written a check, and conquered it. :thumbsup

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
Bony said it best in 3 letters. The Normans seem to be our friends and are grateful towards the US, but the rest of em suck.

wow, how to mistreat such a lady,,....lets shoot him!!

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Goodwood is not, nor will it ever be for sale, so I doubt Mr Ford would have been able to buy it. :biggrin 'Tis home to the Dukes of Richmond (great Grandchildren of Charles II King of England in the 1670's).

Ah the French. They're always there when they need you. :lol

I lived in France in my early 20's and it is a wonderful country and it's people are fantastic. As with any country there will be great examples of a'holes (Chirac was one in my humble opinion), Britain has had it's fair share too, I suspect most countries have.

We should remember that we're all extremely passionate and proud of our nations, if I were French, I would be proud to be so. Having strolled around Chicago, New York and Washington, I can't say that Paris, Lyon or Bordeaux compares that badly.

I'm not a French supporter particularly (they are our 'traditional' enemy!), and I think they have remarkably short memories when being so quick to damn America and Britain (when our sons and fathers died on their shores). But not all French are as tricksy and awkward as Chirac and many French feel uncomfortable making treaties with Germany that attempt to sideline Britain and America.

Yikes - we should get back to cars!! :wink

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hopefully we won't have to many French folks join this forum.
Most are so anti-USA, they would feel very uncomfortable here.
FTF

How very narrow sighted...
Same as saying that all Americans are racists...

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
I lived in France in my early 20's and it is a wonderful country and it's people are fantastic. As with any country there will be great examples of a'holes (Chirac was one in my humble opinion), Britain has had it's fair share too, I suspect most countries have.

We should remember that we're all extremely passionate and proud of our nations, if I were French, I would be proud to be so. Having strolled around Chicago, New York and Washington, I can't say that Paris, Lyon or Bordeaux compares that badly.

I'm not a French supporter particularly (they are our 'traditional' enemy!), and I think they have remarkably short memories when being so quick to damn America and Britain (when our sons and fathers died on their shores). But not all French are as tricksy and awkward as Chirac and many French feel uncomfortable making treaties with Germany that attempt to sideline Britain and America.

Nice with a European look at things..

Oh BTW - Denmark went with both you pepole in this on going war (lets see if we get our share of the oil..:)

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
My cousin is Danish and lives in Aalborg.... So I feel vaguely related! :wink

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Great stuff - how is your Danish lingo then??

Hvordan går det?? :biggrin

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
We are commenting on the politics of the Country and the general attitude of most of the folks.

The fact is we don't feel very appreciated by our European cousins. You may recall we crossed the Pond twice to protect your way of life. One count of the number of allies that support us in Iraq helps support why we feel they way we do.

The USA is in a great position, the ENTIRE world envies our truly open society. However, would prefer that we keep it on our shores. The entire world is terrified of my the Muslim-fascist scurge that threatens all Christian-Judea cultures on this Globe.

I also maintained for years an apartment in Cannes. I do business with the same folks for over 30 years, and feel that I know them very well. However, for the last several years have not spent personal monies in France. As I said before FTF.

Frankly, I don't think the America tolerates racists. Almost 300 languages are spoken in Los Angeles, our little Fresno school district acknowledges 92. We are a mix master of many races. We recognize our world responsibilities.

Lets get back to discussing FGT's, and for you Jason not albino ones. :()

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Sadly I can speak not a word of Danish - it's a complete mystery!

As to this stuff of wars, I think I'm perhaps a bit more tolerant about the French as I have so many friends who are French, I rather like them. As I said earlier, I think the posturing of Chirac (who is a cheese eating wearer of womens knickers) does not represent an entire nation and it would be prudent to remember that.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Well, tolerance is a great quality, hats off to it and you.
Also a minute of respectfully scilence for the 62,000+ Americans buried in France.
If we didn't rush to Europe in WWII no doubt you folks would be speaking German.

Of course, we might be speaking Japanese.
I think this thread ran it's course.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
On another note, most people rarely give a hoot what their "neighbor" thinks.

Some of this sounds like an Amish recruiting thread.....

France will do fine without anyone

Paris is in the Top 10 if not 5 cities in every survey
The Riviera happens to be in...
French Wine is the gold standard
French fashion is another gold standard
French Women are among the hottest
French restaurants are the most expensive in every city
French culture is among the oldest

and finally

Without Le Mans we might be all on the Ferrari Forum right now.............

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Both those Frog's should go to jail for driving the GT like they did on the video!

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Both those Frog's should go to jail for driving the GT like they did on the video!

Now THAT I do agree with!

In truth, it is a disgrace to drive such a beautiful motor car with so little respect.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
(lets see if we get our share of the oil..:)

Denmark will have to ask the Iraqi gov't about that.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
If you look at the last shots rotating around the GT, you can see it is high centered in front of the left rear wheel. The right Venturi Diffuser on the under surface of the car is in the mud, indicating that it had probable significant damage as it cleared the edge of the road, the whole undersurface of the car is caked in mud. That to me is the Death Penalty for these two French Baffoons as they laugh about running the GT into the mud. To bad we can't place their heads in the mud!!

I would also take issue on the quality of French Wines!

http://www.buy.com/prod/judgment-of...the-1976-wine-tasting/q/loc/106/36300655.html

http://www2.potsdam.edu/hansondj/Controversies/20060517115643.html

This one is the best for results of California vs France in Wine tasting results.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_Wine_Tasting_of_1976

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Without Le Mans we might be all on the Ferrari Forum right now.............

:lol

Talking of which - is our proposed excursion next year still being considered?