ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Go around!

With tens of thousands of young Americans buried in France who died there fighting to liberate that nation of cowards who surrendered their capital city to Adolf Hitler without firing a shot, I find it amusing when they find the spine to refuse help to America when we ask for it. My favorite instance of this, will always be our raid on Libya during Ronald Reagan's tenure as commander-in-chief. In order to get Moammar Kadhafi's attention, Reagan ordered a squadron of F-111 bombers to launch from their base in Great Britain to strike multiple targets in and around Tripoli. The direct route from their base to their Libyan targets took them directly across the center of France. The request was made from the president of the United States for permission to overfly French airspace. The French of course, who had been selling weapons to the terrorist nation of Libya for years, refused our request. This resulted in our bomber crews having to fly 10 additional hours, five each way, down the western coast of Spain and Portugal, over the Strait of Gibraltar, and clear across the Mediterranean to make the strike. They then had to reverse this marathon course, requiring multiple aerial refuelings, back to Great Britain. Our strikes upon Libya narrowly missed killing Qaddafi himself, and did kill at least one (and maybe more) of his family members. Most of our bombs found their targets with pinpoint accuracy except for one that went astray. That one errant missile slammed right through the roof of the French Embassy, destroying a large part of that structure. President Reagan issued an apology for that "accident". Perhaps our valiant aircrews would have had better aim, if they were not so tired, from such a long flight. This is a true story, I have embellished nothing.

That one precision guided bomb that went off course, destroying the French Embassy in Tripoli, spoke for all Americans from coast to coast. FTF

God bless America,

Chip

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
My iTunes would take a serious hit if we lost France.

It'll be interesting to see how that country shakes out. They've got far worse cultural identity issues than we do. It was intense in the wrong neighborhoods back in the 90s, and it's blown up exponentially since.

Sarkozy seems like more of a friend than his predecessor...

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Fact is the largest imigration to Israel today are Russians, French and Africans. They are all running away from something very bad.

Thanks Chip, always can count on you for back up! :)

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Denmark will have to ask the Iraqi gov't about that.

Funny Larry,
I attended an event that honored VICTOR DAVIS HANSEN last night.
The world will do anything to maintain their supply of oil which may go $150 a barrel. The Russian's love the Muslim-facist moves as it drives up the price of their oil. If we can help Iraq create a democracy there is some hope for the region. Meanwhile, here in the USA we need to get nuclear energy ramped up as well as pump our own oil of the coastlines and in Alaska. We are in trouble.
We have created this Iranian, Saudi oil bullies, and lets not forget Hugo Chavez, one of our biggest enemies.
Cheers,
daniel

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
On another note, most people rarely give a hoot what their "neighbor" thinks.

Some of this sounds like an Amish recruiting thread.....

France will do fine without anyone

Paris is in the Top 10 if not 5 cities in every survey
The Riviera happens to be in...
French Wine is the gold standard
French fashion is another gold standard
French Women are among the hottest
French restaurants are the most expensive in every city
French culture is among the oldest

and finally

Without Le Mans we might be all on the Ferrari Forum right now.............

Well, looks like tourism from the States is off,... great.
Capri, Sardinia seems to be hotter than St Tropez
Screaming Eagle and Harlan hold their own
Women are a matter of taste, they might be hot, but make sure they take a bath first and have a shave.
LeMans is a wonderful race, but there where many important races for the FGT and Cobras outside of France.

That said, I'm ready to go back to LeMans for the Classique.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
That said, I'm ready to go back to LeMans for the Classique.

Now that's what I 'm talking about, I knew you'd come around! :biggrin

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
:lol

Talking of which - is our proposed excursion next year still being considered?

Speaking of coming around, the answer is a definite yes (from my little corner of the world). I've been researching some other alternatives as well and hope to report back shortly. Based on the responses (or lack thereof), it's been difficult for me to determine the interest level.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Funny Larry,
The world will do anything to maintain their supply of oil which may go $150 a barrel. The Russian's love the Muslim-facist moves as it drives up the price of their oil. If we can help Iraq create a democracy there is some hope for the region. Meanwhile, here in the USA we need to get nuclear energy ramped up as well as pump our own oil of the coastlines and in Alaska. We are in trouble.
We have created this Iranian, Saudi oil bullies, and lets not forget Hugo Chavez, one of our biggest enemies.
Cheers,
daniel

'Wasn't trying to be funny.
There was an implication made that the U.S. & it's allies were/will/may be/should be deviding up Iraqi oil. My point was the Iraqi gov't decides where that oil's sold - if we're to believe what the Bush Admin says and not what the "far left" accuses the U.S. of doing.

The REST of your stmts are 110% right on.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
'Wasn't trying to be funny.
There was an implication made that the U.S. & it's allies were/will/may be/should be deviding up Iraqi oil. My point was the Iraqi gov't decides where that oil's sold - if we're to believe what the Bush Admin says and not what the "far left" accuses the U.S. of doing.

The REST of your stmts are 110% right on.

Sorry Larry, I did not mean to imply that your remark was funny... my typo.
I think your spot on... even though you don't exist,... or Mr. Shadow,.. ball in your court... fire away. :thumbsup

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
Speaking of coming around, the answer is a definite yes (from my little corner of the world). I've been researching some other alternatives as well and hope to report back shortly. Based on the responses (or lack thereof), it's been difficult for me to determine the interest level.

I know of a Midnight Blue GT that's very interested.:thumbsup

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Kelvin...
my situation took a 180 degree turn in Vegas... had an intervention.
I'm not happy, but Mrs. Bony and my partners are...
Lets take it off line.
Gba,
daniel

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Sorry Larry, I did not mean to imply that your remark was funny... my typo.
I think your spot on... even though you don't exist,... or Mr. Shadow,.. ball in your court... fire away. :thumbsup

Not a pblm, Your Moderatorship! :cheers

Lamont Cranston

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Funny Larry,
Cheers,
daniel

Actually the price of oil should be what the market will bear. Otherwise its defacto political plunder.

Not blaming anyone except Saudia Arabia: a puppet state; end of story. It should have 80 years ago decided its own fate, instead of handing out absurd concessions and building rolls royce parking lots.

As a swing producer (?) in a cartel, Saudia Arabia should be able to set the price. Unfortunately its a guest-citizen state where jobs are hobbies and the leadership is a farce.

It had the opportunity and resources to be a guiding force in the region and develop its less endowed tribal Hashemite confederates from Palestine, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Libya to Egypt into modern states like UAE/Dubai/Turkey. Instead it did nothing, allowed zealots to take over, and duped itself into its buffoon status today.

The best analogy is a rich drunk uncle who squandered his oil well and has drug dealers running the neighborhood in which everyones an addict.

What whould you do?

Answer: Call the cops and adjust the price of the drugs, which is where we are today.

Solution: boot the Saud Family and bring in some real Leaders.
When you have a house, car, yard and full pot, you dont make trouble.

Last edited:

fordcapri

GT Owner
Sep 21, 2006
Are you sure he is a Frenchman?

If so you are right, he has got no taste in watches, and his driving skills look like a typical Frenchmans.

As for the French, I don't think they will come on this Forum, as they only like themselves.

I enjoy reading comments from other members, but perhaps some members take it too seriously. Anway you got to knock somebody, so it might as well be the French!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Actually the price of oil should be what the market will bear. Otherwise its defacto political plunder.

Not blaming anyone except Saudia Arabia: a puppet state; end of story. It should have 80 years ago decided its own fate, instead of handing out absurd concessions and building rolls royce parking lots.

As a swing producer (?) in a cartel, Saudia Arabia should be able to set the price. Unfortunately its a guest-citizen state where jobs are hobbies and the leadership is a farce.

It had the opportunity and resources to be a guiding force in the region and develop its less endowed tribal Hashemite confederates from Palestine, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Libya to Egypt into modern states like UAE/Dubai/Turkey. Instead it did nothing, allowed zealots to take over, and duped itself into its buffoon status today.

The best analogy is a rich drunk uncle who squandered his oil well and has drug dealers running the neighborhood in which everyones an addict.

What whould you do?

Answer: Call the cops and adjust the price of the drugs, which is where we are today.

Solution: boot the Saud Family and bring in some real Leaders.
When you have a house, car, yard and full pot, you dont make trouble.

The Saudi's are hanging on from the skin of their teeth. If anyone takes them over it will be a Shite controllled government. Do you want that?

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
The Saudi's are hanging on from the skin of their teeth. If anyone takes them over it will be a Shite controllled government. Do you want that?

Sure, I 'll take that over these crooks anyday. The Saudis are a true disaster. Just follow the money.

Last edited:

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I think stability would be welcome in the Middle East - better the devil you know etc.

But what do I know?! :wink

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
I just heard a translation of the crash, " See Beavis, I told you American cars suck"