Ford Gt 'filn can promo thingie'

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Dear Fellow Aggie,

One of these days I'll have to document all the stuff and post it with photos. That would probably help me find out about the items I don't have, and let others know about ones they don't have. I also have a lot of rare signed items from the 1969 Le Mans race, hence the #6 on my car.

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
A car nut (and GT owner) told me that one sold at a small, automobilia auction in AZ for $2,300!!! What is goiing on? And does anyone have a comprehensive list of what other memoribilia was/is aviaialble?

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
I've got all my stuff out for a new display case right now so maybe I should document it for insurance. I see what I come up with over the next day or so.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Is the "film can" plastic or metal?

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
It's aluminium and 'looks' like a film can. A friend of a friend who prodcued the campaign for Cambell/Ewald in Detroit (Ford's agency) came up with the idea. Apparently, at the Superbowl party they gave out coasters, pens, playing cards, dealer brochures, etc.,, etc. Tons of stuff which those guys propably 'poop' canned, not realizing what they had. I have dealt with that ebay seller "wuscout2" and he sells tons of authentic Frod Gt stuff. Good luck.

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
It's a great item .................. is it really worth a grand?

Still I'd love to have it !:biggrin

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
Tough Question. Of ALL the collectibles i have seen, this film can for sure is VERY unique and not many around. But is the GT really worth $165k? ObviOusly it is. IMHO, In ten years, all of this GT 'collectible' swag will be worth the kind of money that ORIGINAL 'Shelby' stuff is bringing. Printed material is one thing, but ITEMS like the film can and other 'promo' material is as they say, 'priceless', but ultimaly, your call.

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
Well someone paid the price...a very unique piece of Ford GT history...is he a member here? BTW, there is now that Ford GT 'builder's book' that we got at the first Rally FS on ebay