Ford GT Driving School?

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
I heard there was or is a Ford GT Driving School. Have seen pics of a portion of a brochure for it, but not enough to determine who was or is doing it. Anyone know anything about this? Thanks.

bitzman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 7, 2005
If you can't find one, maybe Bondurant

I don't think Bondurant accompanies you in the car anymore but he has a good staff. But now the school is in Phoenix where it's hotter than hell in the summer. Let's hope some Forum-ite enrolls in the school and gives us a report.

Tungsten

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 22, 2006
Atlanta
Driving School

The Bondurant school has Zo6's and there is a Ferrari driving school in Canada that has 430's. You can drive the Maserati at Road Atlanta, but I have not been able to find any school using the GT.
Don

sandiegored

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2006
Went to Bondurant in March. Excellent experience. Spent 3 days in C5's. They do have Z06's for a 2 day class. Can not say enough about the experience and the staff. You get a lot of seat time. Instructors are first rate and they do spend some time in the car with you. I recommend this for anyone who is planning on tracking their car(s), especially with the GT. If you go, just be prepared for the van ride. You will know what I mean after the experience.....

Oh, Bob B. is still doing hot laps on the track. Very impressive.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Bondurant

bitzman said:
I don't think Bondurant accompanies you in the car anymore but he has a good staff. But now the school is in Phoenix where it's hotter than hell in the summer. Let's hope some Forum-ite enrolls in the school and gives us a report.
I've been to the Bondurant School and met Bob. No GT's but they have a bunch of different cars including outrigger equipped Mustangs to teach you how to powerslide or drive on ice. Driving is kinda like sex in that most guys think they're pretty good at it. It won't take too much time at Bondurant to realize you don't know squat (about driving :biggrin ). You'll learn a lot in a few days and everybody who does it becomes a better driver. Now if I could just find a good sex school. :cheers

Chip

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
Have a friend who told Bob B. about my GT.(Bondurant School of Driving is just minutes away) Bob said he has not driven the new car on his track yet. I have been invited to take the GT to his track and Bob will put me in the passenger seat and show me what it can do. Im sure if anybody can put this car through its paces it would be Bob. I just have bad dreams of the keys being handed back to me that now belong to a smoldering pile on turn 4. So, for the moment the GT will be limited to Arizona speed limits, But intacted! ( I'll sleep better that way).

Bart Carter

GT Owner
Mar 12, 2006
Las Vegas
Blue Moose said:
... I have been invited to take the GT to his track and Bob will put me in the passenger seat and show me what it can do...
I did this with my Cobra. When I took the road racing school at Bob's, I was also doing development work on my Cobra (with input from Bob and his chief instructor.) It was great to see Bob really enjoy the drive. When he took me out for laps, you could see how much he respected the car. Each shift was precise and deliberate. I would not have any reservation about letting Bob drive my GT. The funny thing is that when I was a passenger, Bob, probably out of habit, was giving me a driving lesson. :lol

Car on Bob's showroom
24942083-ff50-02000180-.jpg

Bob strapping in
25058480-10ec-02000180-.jpg

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
Bart Carter said:
...It was great to see Bob really enjoy the drive. When he took me out for laps, you could see how much he respected the car. Each shift was precise and deliberate. I would not have any reservation about letting Bob drive my GT....

Bart, Bob is one of the great drivers and has one of the best driving schools in the country and given my proximity to his facilities, I would be one of the few to have this opportunity and it would be lots of fun. I'm sure one day soon I'll be at Bob's track with my car begging him to take me for a drive. I see in your photo of the garage the posters on the wall. Are they of Bob? I'll stop by and take a look. There's gotta be a lot of memorabilia there.

sandiegored

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2006
My instructor told me there was a GT at Bondurant early this year. He drove it and said it was just amazing. Chip is right, just jump in one of these cars with a Bondurant instructor and you quickly realize how good these guys are and what a novice you are. They make it look very easy.

guywwagner

GT Owner
Sep 22, 2005
Nazareth,Pa
Skip Barber

I was at Skip Barbers 3 day race school at Lime Rock last week.The instructors were great and the cars are incredible.I learned a lot and had a great time.As for the GT,I'd like to get some instuction in it,they use Vipers and Porsches in there driving schools.I'm going to take the GT to Pocono-Csd and run it at least one session on track,should be interesting.
Guy

Tungsten

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 22, 2006
Atlanta
GT To Drive

Well I found something that might interest some of you owners and some of you that want to be. There is a company called World Class Driving that tours the country with cars that you can drive. You get 30 miles in each car on normal roads, follow the leader style. It is not a speed test, but would give you some seat time in the following cars:
1. Ford GT
2. Ferrari 430 or 360 Spyder
3. Z06 Corvette
4. Lambo Gallardo
5. Bentley GT
6. Aston Martin DB9 Volante

As I understand it you drive 30 miles and then switch to the next car. Some interesting points. Cost, about $ 800. that is pretty cheap for what you are getting. Riders, you must be 25 to drive, but you can take a guest of any age. I think my son would be thrilled to get a ride in each of these cars.

Here is the website
www.wcdriving.com
Phone 877-597-6403

Website has the schedule and info. Anyone ever done this?????
Don