Jul 13, 2006
Super Cars Exposed show of GT & S7

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
GT drag

FGT driver blew it when he smoked the tires!
Let's do a HP per dollar comparo against the Carerra GT!!
The Porsche is like a super model with an (expensive) attitude -- the FGT on the other hand, is like the gorgeous girl next door -- in blue jeans!

atspeed

LAST BLU
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 13, 2007
Berkeley, CA
what they didn't mention was that in the drag race on the program the CGT had traction control on. there was a second race where the CGT had the traction control off -- the FGT won (i was not at the finish line, but i was told by those who were at the finish that was the case). i have footage of both races.

michael

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
i raced my viper at the 2008 Texas Mile this year and a Porsche Carrera GT was faster than a bone stock ford GT in the mile by about 10-15 mph. does anybody know if this Carrera GT had modz or not?

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
STATEN ISLAND,NY/SEA GIRT,NJ
Did anyone notice that he said the GT had 500 HP in the beginning but said 550 Hp later on?

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
This is starting to sound like the Viper forum, next is I want to see the Dyno sheets.

Bill M

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2007
I have both cars and the Carrera GT is faster than a stock Ford GT. The Ford is more fun to drive around town. The clutch (ceramic) in the Carrera GT is very sensitive, this makes the car harder to get off the line without stalling the engine.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
I have both cars and the Carrera GT is faster than a stock Ford GT. The Ford is more fun to drive around town. The clutch (ceramic) in the Carrera GT is very sensitive, this makes the car harder to get off the line without stalling the engine.

You gotta love this forum

Even if somone said the Typhoon Fighter Jet v, Veyron...someone would chime in owning both. Gotta love that

atspeed

LAST BLU
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 13, 2007
Berkeley, CA
I have no doubt that on the whole a Carrera GT is a faster car that a Ford GT. Math says that. It's the editorial nature of the program that I take issue with. As is typical, they had an agenda and a general lack of knowledge and were out to prove both. Nothing new, I suppose.

Gregg Thurman

GT Owner
Nov 3, 2007
All I want to know is when the fun driving the GT stops. I've had mine for about 2 weeks, put almost 3,000 miles on it, and still can't wait to get back in her.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
All I want to know is when the fun driving the GT stops. I've had mine for about 2 weeks, put almost 3,000 miles on it, and still can't wait to get back in her.

Gregg - Hopefully NEVER.

I've had mine a week or two over two years. Nearing 50,000.

And I still can't wait to get in my gal and drive it.

The more I drive the GT, I keep finding it still to be one of the best "things" I have ever bought.

Had another GT first, for me anyway, took the Ferry to Bainbridge last week. The deck hands gave me lots of door opening room:thumbsup. And I think nearly everyone of the ferry's crew members found a reason to visit the lower car deck. Was told by the First Mate that mine was the first FGT they had on board that ship.

If that was true, it was the third ferry boat my GT was the very first to go aboard. Guemes Island Ferry (Wa), Luddington/Matowoc (Mi/Wi) and Bainbridge Island (Wa).

Glad to hear that you're driving and enjoying your GT.

Last edited:

thrashdu2002

Feb 26, 2007
Fortuna,Ca
funny you should say that because i own a veyron and also a typhoon fighter jet but i gotta tell ya, my old 98 tdi jetta smokes them both.lol. in regards to one of the first replys on this topic i would take the girl next door in blue jeans anyday. shes probably rougher anyway. the carrera gt is nice and sounds great but the ford gt is an absolute masterpiece. davinci couldnt have made anything better.

Bill M

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2007
Like I said I own both and I drive the Ford GT the most.