Ford Gt Crash!!! The Car Is An Amazing Testament To Engineering!

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
.........Cage fighting? I'm not sure quite what this entails. I once threw a small aviary at my butler - is that in the same area?

Now, THAT IS FUNNY !! :biggrin
:eek :lol :biggrin :rofl :willy :banana :slap

Neil,
Are you sure that you are not Scottish rather than English? :biggrin
:cheers

bigdan40

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2006
"I had a tank slapper (when the handle bars of a motorcycle start slapping the tank usually at high speed) once and never lost the bike out of pure luck, not skill." I've been there too Dan - same thing on a Z1100. Really scary. Horrid actually. That 'flick/flack' that the front wheel does - yikes. Just thinking about it makes my stomach turn.

Mine was on a 1974 Z-1 Kawasaki 900 drag bike. I think what saved me was that the damn thing had no turning radius to begin with so the bars did not have far to go once they started slapping. The bike runs 9.50's even with my 245 lbs. on it. What a ride...:eek Dan

Last edited:

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I'm 25% Scot. Which doesn't really count I guess. I don't particularly care for porridge either.

Dan - no more bikes for me. I had a major accident a few years back (fractured spine, fractured pelvis, broken knee joint, broken ankle, dislocated shoulder, smashed collar bone and badly broken fingers (in the 'shall we amputate these for you now sir?' catagory). I was lucky. I am also lucky that I have almost no major scars or walk like Igor assisting Frankenstein. Also I kept my fingers and they're just fine, I play the piano like Shrek.

I got on a bike when I could walk again - and, guess what? No balls. None whatsover! I was a bag of nerves.

I've sniffed a few Harley's but my wife goes rather white and thin-lipped whenever I suggest it.

Sorry, off topic, but I thought you'd understand......

bigdan40

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2006
I'm 25% Scot. Which doesn't really count I guess. I don't particularly care for porridge either.

Dan - no more bikes for me. I had a major accident a few years back (fractured spine, fractured pelvis, broken knee joint, broken ankle, dislocated shoulder, smashed collar bone and badly broken fingers (in the 'shall we amputate these for you now sir?' catagory). I was lucky. I am also lucky that I have almost no major scars or walk like Igor assisting Frankenstein. Also I kept my fingers and they're just fine, I play the piano like Shrek.

I got on a bike when I could walk again - and, guess what? No balls. None whatsover! I was a bag of nerves.

I've sniffed a few Harley's but my wife goes rather white and thin-lipped whenever I suggest it.

Sorry, off topic, but I thought you'd understand......

I think we have had this conversation before if my memory serves me.
It sometimes takes more balls then sense to walk away Neilda. As I said in my initial post on this thread, vehicles can be replaced and people can't. You did the right thing, now you have a motorcycle with four wheels. The fella who started this thread was driving normally and got crossed up due to road conditions, how many times have we pushed the limit and not gotten crossed up? Sorry also for getting a little off topic...

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
i was out doin some high speed testing on my drag bike when i blew the engine on my nitrous injected honda at a speed of 178 mph on GPS with the nitrous flowin. :eek i had my muffler taken off for more power and better aerodynamics. i put a hole thru the #1 piston about the size of a dime and the oil hosed down my rear tire at this speed. i got out of my tuck at about 150 mph and looked back to see a HUGE cloud of oil pourin out my exhaust cone. about the time i had slowed down to a 100 mph or so the rear of the bike was skatin around like i was driving on ice. i managed to keep the bike upright as i slowly applied the brakes and brought her to a stop. i decided to just pursue the 1 mile top speed shootout stuff on 4 wheels now instead of 2. i still drag race motorcycles though and have had a few close calls at the strip. fortunately i have neve been down on a street bike but i have wrecked many a MX bike offroad.

Last edited:

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Well I had a oily encounter on a motorcycle too. I was going across the SF Oakland Bay Bridge at about 1 am when my oil pressure gauge blew off (unscrewed) the crankcase. The hot oil shooting all over my legs. I was concerned that it was going to get on my rear tire! Luckily I slowed to a stop without an incident.

I really didn't need a gauge and the failure mode is not pretty.Now I always think about the benefits vs. potential failures before adding any aftermarket parts.

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I am considering my replacement options right now.

Another GT

Audi R8 (long wait though)

Gallardo

Porsche Turbo

Aston Martin Vanquish

Hard Descisions :confused

Rocksman, sorry about the accident - really bad situation. Hope you can get it resolved to your satisfaction. I drove the 997 TT and cancelled my order! It sounds like an air tool, not a 911! Quick, efficient, but doesn't sing to you. Cross it off the list IMHO.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
I'm late to this thread and just saw the pictures this morning....my heart is still somewhere around my knees.:eek So glad to hear you and your buddy came out of it all a-o-k. :thumbsup
Bony, man you are something else! :lol

rocksman

GT Owner
Aug 28, 2006
El Paso
The insurance has already said the car will be a total but the funniest thing Ive ever heard is from the first adjuster to look at the car.

Every corner of the car is dented, cracked, shredded or missing completely, and the under carriage is trashed completely with a hole that you can stick your hand through under my seat and touch the ground! The suspension in the rear is F'ed along with the fact that the wheel from the rear axle is aimed around 20% out of alingnment. After two days of "determining the damage" the adjuster came up with $5000 (yes I said five thousand dollars) in damage and said that I would have to pay for it to be shipped if I wanted to have it fixed with a company that knows the cars like the GT Guys!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :rofl

After informing him that he was obviously "confused", I proceeded to call my Attorney, my Insurance Agent, and then finally his supervisor in that order.

Well it all got worked correctly but I just wanted to share the adjuster story with you all. :thumbsup

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
The insurance has already said the car will be a total but the funniest thing Ive ever heard is from the first adjuster to look at the car.

Every corner of the car is dented, cracked, shredded or missing completely, and the under carriage is trashed completely with a hole that you can stick your hand through under my seat and touch the ground! The suspension in the rear is F'ed along with the fact that the wheel from the rear axle is aimed around 20% out of alingnment. After two days of "determining the damage" the adjuster came up with $5000 (yes I said five thousand dollars) in damage and said that I would have to pay for it to be shipped if I wanted to have it fixed with a company that knows the cars like the GT Guys!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :rofl

After informing him that he was obviously "confused", I proceeded to call my Attorney, my Insurance Agent, and then finally his supervisor in that order.

Well it all got worked correctly but I just wanted to share the adjuster story with you all. :thumbsup

Ya gota watch them insurance adjusters, there kinda like lawyers.:bang

Glad it has worked out.:thumbsup

Now, what you gona do for a replacement?:biggrin

Keep us posted.

Fred

rocksman

GT Owner
Aug 28, 2006
El Paso
Wow did my case just get better. Another car, Different driver, same location, same exact accident! Wow the city isnt paying attention here! :thumbsdow

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
Wow did my case just get better. Another car, Different driver, same location, same exact accident! Wow the city isnt paying attention here! :thumbsdow

Maybe they will get a clue now.
:willy

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Five thousand Dollars?? What a friggin' jerk.

One wonders what sort of qualifications these idiots have to come up with such a profoundly competent valuation of required work.

I was burgled at home a few years ago and we had the pleasure of a visit from a loss adjuster - he introduced himself by saying 'Hi, I'm xxx, I'm a completely independent loss adjuster'. 'You're paid by my insurance company?' 'Yes, that's right'. 'So how exactly are you independent you feckwit?!'

TWOGT40

GT Owner
Jan 26, 2007
Canada
Man, i just came on line to check out this site and the first message I sort of look at was yours :eek . Sorry to hear about your "little" crash. I'd like to see your interpretation of a "big" crash....lol :ack . Well, if you ever want to sell yours for parts, I'd love to speak to you.....just in case. I have two GT's [man are these cars awesome] and always looking to see if I can pick up one for salvage. Sorry if I sound too fwrd BUT if I dont ask, I dont know. :thumbsup

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I had a major accident a few years back (fractured spine, fractured pelvis, broken knee joint, broken ankle, dislocated shoulder, smashed collar bone and badly broken fingers

Are we related somehow??????:eek

My bike went "bye-bye" under much the same circumstances (broken back, shattered lower left leg, busted left knee, busted hand, internal injuries, blood clots, yada-yada)... but that all was caused by a two story fall onto concrete & steel grate. ( It was three months B4 I was even ALLOWED to try to walk again!)

In any event, I made the bike go away B4 I was tempted to resume riding it. ( I'd been warned what would pbly happen should any kind of additional trauma befall me.) All I could envision was somebody rear ending or "T-boning" me on that thing. No thankum you.

No BIKE has a nice protective "cage" like Rocksman's GT!

By the way, Rock... how much "CPR" did your insurance agent require?:shrug

team c

Nov 24, 2006
gt crash

glad your both ok...must have been some ride...during the build an enginering car hit a guardrail at aprox..70 mph..both pass. and driver escaped with very minor scrapes and bruises...the impact was mostly frontal and the headlights were darn near to the windshield...that car was fixed at roushes..and just happened to get totaled again after all that.!!!! team c

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Maybe they will get a clue now.
:willy

Yes, but it's unfortunate people and property are getting hurt :ack

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Hi TWOGT40. Where are you in Canada and what cars do you have?

FLY GT40

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2006
So. Ca.
Rocksman
Sorry about your loss of the gt. Glad your ok. Sound like the same insurance adjuster Farmers sent out after a farmers ajent backed into my wifes Jag. Having driven all but the Audi on your wish list they are all good rides but pail compared to the GT.
FLY GT40

RickM

GT Owner
Oct 15, 2005
Boise, ID
Looks like Rocksman's GT is back on the market w/a Salvage Title:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006...130214189QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item260130214189

Ebay price at 125k and still not at reserve.

According to the Seller:
"I purchased this car at an insurance auction with $11,000 in parts replacements and 4k in labor. The car was repaired to perfection,was realigned and drives great. CAR HAS HAD NO FRAME DAMAGE. The previous owner hit a pot hole in the road that he could not avoid causing damage to the belly pans and a couple of rims and a tire, ect."

Just a pothole? Rims & tires only....? :confused :bs

RickM (05 #2032)

Attachments

• V1013b (Wrecked).jpg
    V1013b (Wrecked).jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 229