Ford GT coldline

CSX 2104

GT Owner
Aug 9, 2006
Las Vegas
Called the Ford GT hotline today to ask them for advice on fixing my new GT that has a grand total of 27.5 miles on it before an electronic glitch caused the cockpit blower motor to activate while it sat in my garage in between drives thereby draining the battery and causing it not to start.

Thought possibly the vaunted Ford GT field tech my dealer told me about prior to purchase might call back or come out and help out and save me a trip to the dealer?

Could only get through to an answering machine and left three messages, none of which were returned. On the bright side at least the Ford answering machine was working perfectly.

A more accurate term therefore would be Ford GT cold line or the official Ford GT answering machine.

scode

Mar 28, 2006
Plymouth, MI
CSX 2104 said:
Called the Ford GT hotline today to ask them for advice on fixing my new GT that has a grand total of 27.5 miles on it before an electronic glitch caused the cockpit blower motor to activate while it sat in my garage in between drives thereby draining the battery and causing it not to start.

Thought possibly the vaunted Ford GT field tech my dealer told me about prior to purchase might call back or come out and help out and save me a trip to the dealer?

Could only get through to an answering machine and left three messages, none of which were returned. On the bright side at least the Ford answering machine was working perfectly.

A more accurate term therefore would be Ford GT cold line or the official Ford GT answering machine.

Ford Motor Company Employees had the day off in observence of "Veterens Day"

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
scode said:
Ford Motor Company Employees had the day off in observence of "Veterens Day"

GOD BLESS OUR VETERANS, THEY ALL GAVE, SOME GAVE ALL. :usa :bow :usa :usa :bow :usa :bow :usa :bow

scode

Mar 28, 2006
Plymouth, MI
bony said:
GOD BLESS OUR VETERANS, THEY ALL GAVE, SOME GAVE ALL. :usa :bow :usa :usa :bow :usa :bow :usa :bow

Right On! :cheers

CSX 2104

GT Owner
Aug 9, 2006
Las Vegas
Just got off the line with Ford. They told me to call a flatbed and drop it off at the dealer. Never heard of the field tech program the dealer told me about.

Wow what great advice call a flat bed tow truck I never would have thought of that?

Thanks Ford. I wonder how much they are paying the hotline person to dispense that advice. How much training did Ford invest in that person. When the 150K car breaks down after 27 miles tell the customer to call a flat bed. They did ask for my phone number though to sell later for data purposes that I thought was a nice touch.

Ooooh thats a lot of technical advice. Call a flat bed. I am overwhelmed.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
CSX,

I understand your frustration, annoyance and embarrassment at this event.

Just a piece of advice: vent, get it out, move on.

Yes, for $150K we should all get heavens golden charriots served up. Thats not reality.

Dont beat yourself up. I have seen $10+ Million houses roof leak on the night of the opening party on the owners head and double-wides hold dry and tight for 50+yrs. Flooks happen.

ALL, ALL super cars have issues; go to a Lambo site or google build quality.

This is minor and will be fixed ASAP. This is not uncommon for any car that sat, got transported, or had many interim hands on it (a flashlight, flat bed controller, etc dropped on the fan switch and jamming it is not out of question).

POS after 26 miles aint the reality.

Put 5000 miles on her then...... give us your opinion. Plenty of folks here will take it off your hands.

Last edited:

bigdan40

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2006
CSX 2104 said:
Just got off the line with Ford. They told me to call a flatbed and drop it off at the dealer. Never heard of the field tech program the dealer told me about.

Wow what great advice call a flat bed tow truck I never would have thought of that?

Thanks Ford. I wonder how much they are paying the hotline person to dispense that advice. How much training did Ford invest in that person. When the 150K car breaks down after 27 miles tell the customer to call a flat bed. They did ask for my phone number though to sell later for data purposes that I thought was a nice touch.

Ooooh thats a lot of technical advice. Call a flat bed. I am overwhelmed.

CSX, can you get the car fired up and drive it to the dealer? That's what I would do if possible, don't leave it to the possibilty of an inexperienced flat bed guy who has no clue where to fasten the car not to mention scraping the diffuser. I was in that business for a long time and still transport my cars in an enclosed and no matter how good you are you always have to be extremely careful with these kind of cars.

On another note what's your CSX car all about? I have a Superformance with a Roush 427 in it putting out 555 crank hp at 2450 pounds. Car is a blast to drive, lot's of power sliding her...Dan

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
bigdan40 said:
On another note what's your CSX car all about?

I would be interested to know as well, as you know there are two with the same number, one a is the real McCoy and the other is a car that was in Germany that is as queers as a three dollar bill. The registry has quite a few words on it. The real car is a sweet original #2 according to SAAC'S last registry.

bigdan40

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2006
bony said:
I would be interested to know as well, as you know there are two with the same number, one a is the real McCoy and the other is a car that was in Germany that is as queers as a three dollar bill. The registry has quite a few words on it. The real car is a sweet original #2 according to SAAC'S last registry.

I'm not sure Bony but I know the CSX continuation series crap that's been built in about five different plants are 4000 series cars. I believe the REAL cars are 2000 and 3000 series cars but I don't know enough about it to give good info. I do know that Shelby's name has gotten tainted lately due to all of his suing of everybody for building a better replica product then the one he has his name on. I have friends with Superformance cars and friends with 4000 series Shelby's and the SPF cars blow them away. At the end of the day they're all replicas, the real ones were built in the 60's with lots of part shelf product. Supposedly no two Shelby's are the same, or at least that's what you hear. Just like the GT's, our cars are modern day DOT version's of the real McCoy...just my 2 cents! Dan

GordonWolf

Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 26, 2006
Las Vegas
CSX,
PM me about getting good service in Las Vegas. There are several of us looking around for the right dealer, etc.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
CSX broken GT

The hot line is not the correct telephone number to call for towing a broken GT.

Your GT, and all other Ford cars, have free towing under the standard Ford warrentee. Call the Ford Customer Care number. Or have the dealer do it for you. Just make sure that they know it is not a Mustang GT. Tell them you need a flatbed car hauler and that the tow company fully understands that they need to bring boards/planks for a vehicle that only has 5" of ground clearance. Worked just fine for me in about 90 minutes after I called for service help.

There doesn't seem to be any "coordination of benefits" between the standard Customer service and the special techinical help and assistance number for the GT program.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
bigdan40 said:
I'm not sure Bony but I know the CSX continuation series crap that's been built in about five different plants are 4000 series cars. I believe the REAL cars are 2000 and 3000 series cars but I don't know enough about it to give good info. I do know that Shelby's name has gotten tainted lately due to all of his suing of everybody for building a better replica product then the one he has his name on. I have friends with Superformance cars and friends with 4000 series Shelby's and the SPF cars blow them away. At the end of the day they're all replicas, the real ones were built in the 60's with lots of part shelf product. Supposedly no two Shelby's are the same, or at least that's what you hear. Just like the GT's, our cars are modern day DOT version's of the real McCoy...just my 2 cents! Dan

Hey Dan,
SAAC (Shelby American Auto Club) has a registry. It is well overdue for republication. I will try to cover CSX 2104 per the registry. The car has some questions, but does exist and the last known owner was Robert Nelson of Sioux Falls, ND.

First off it was the first car shipped from AC that wasn't black, red, or white.
Original Specs as of the 97 registry.( I haven't received the new one yet that I ordered 2 years ago.)

Engine 289, Transmission 4 speed, Guardsman or Sapphire blue, Black interior, 5.5" painted wheels, no roll bar, no webbers, no hood scoop, Emblem was a Flat Head Snake, present color is same as original, condition was listed as # 2 which is original/restored, which means it looks just like it did when it left Shelby American.

Now for the questionable stuff. Two cars were invoiced to Tasca Ford in Providence, RI. CSX 2104 and CSX 2112. Arrangements were made for Jack Griffith of Griffith Ford in Hicksville, NY, to pick up both cars and sell 2104 to another person. In the mix up 2104 wound up being sold as 2112. After several owners the title problems were cleared up. As of the last report, there is a fraudulent car reported in Germany that claims to be CSX 2104 as they claimed they rebuilt it from the original parts. If that car still exists, it is a complete fraud, as 2104 is now in good shape and is titled correctly. It still has it's original top, tonneau, jack, and grease gun. So this would be a nice car to have, if it is still in the # 2 condition. If they hadn't printed all the invoices in such tiny letters, I would post a copy, but the letters are so small you can't read them hardly without a magnifying glass. Guess they wanted to save pages in the book. :rofl

To bring you up to speed, Shelby and Jim Price are in bed together. I just visited the Port Elizabeth factory and the CSX4000 Tuperware (fiberglass) cars are being made there at the same facilitry that build the Superformance and Nobles.

Cheers,
daniel

bigdan40

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2006
Bony, what a wealth of info!!! :thumbsup I knew that SPF and Shelby kissed and made up but also read that some group named Hillbank Auto owned by Lance Stander bought SPF. Either way when they were seperate and Price was running the show SPF replicas were better then the 4000 series cars. Their Daytona is real nice also, almost bought one! Dan
P.S. Still like your first girl the best... :biggrin

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia
I have owned both a superformance and 2 alum csx 4000 series cars and 1 aluminum 7000 series, whoever gave you the info about the spf and the csx is WRONG. The aluminum CSX cars are almost identical to the originals and have a much more correct stance and look than the SPF cars, and they drive much better and have a much more solid feel to them to me, no wheel hop that is prevelent in the SPF car. Many more things than just that but those are the ones that come to mind the easiest. The new CSX cars may not all be made at Shelby American but some are! The 2 and 3 series cars of the 60s were made in England and shipped here less drivetrain and paint, the quality of the cars now blow away the old cars as Shelby Builders and modern technology far surpass the cars of days gone by. If you want an expensive trophy get a 2 or 3 series car. If you want a far less expensive trophy you can race and drive and enjoy go buy an aluminum CSX! I also don't think they are replica's, they are real Shelby's built by Shelby with a CSX vin.

CSX 2104

GT Owner
Aug 9, 2006
Las Vegas
CSX 2104 is the actual car as verified by Ned Scudder the Cobra registar for SAAC and the reams of paperwork that came with the car as well as the research I did in talking to the previous owners. The early confusion regarding the car was common because the early Cobra's didn't have the Shelby VIN tag easily read and found on the later cars. The VIN numbers on the early Cobra's are found on the frame rails so until one of the later owners checked nobody spotted the mistake. The German fake Cobra is pretty common too unfortunately in the Shelby world.

CSX 2104 and it's provenance are well known in the Shelby world and throughout it's history and still has 9200 original miles as verified by the documents and previous owners. There is zero doubt as to it's authenticity. Still has the original motor and drivetrain and even after sitting for long periods of time still manages to start right up as do the rest of my cars. You can see pictures of the Cobra and pictures of most of my other cars at www.lasvegasclassiccars.com. I got a dealers license a while back to better manage all the iron.

I think my Ford GT is sold pending a repair of the current glitches.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
CSX 2104 said:
CSX 2104 is the actual car as verified by Ned Scudder the Cobra registar for SAAC and the reams of paperwork that came with the car as well as the research I did in talking to the previous owners. The early confusion regarding the car was common because the early Cobra's didn't have the Shelby VIN tag easily read and found on the later cars. The VIN numbers on the early Cobra's are found on the frame rails so until one of the later owners checked nobody spotted the mistake. The German fake Cobra is pretty common too unfortunately in the Shelby world.

CSX 2104 and it's provenance are well known in the Shelby world and throughout it's history and still has 9200 original miles as verified by the documents and previous owners. There is zero doubt as to it's authenticity. Still has the original motor and drivetrain and even after sitting for long periods of time still manages to start right up as do the rest of my cars. You can see pictures of the Cobra and pictures of most of my other cars at www.lasvegasclassiccars.com. I got a dealers license a while back to better manage all the iron.

I think my Ford GT is sold pending a repair of the current glitches.

I agree with you a CSX4000 car with an aluminum body is sweet car, as is a Kirkham. I understand Kirkham is again supplying aluminum bodies to Shelby Automobiles after the fallout they had and the inability of AC to resupply them. I would be interested in a Kimmons bodied CSX car.

CSX 2104

GT Owner
Aug 9, 2006
Las Vegas
BTW Bony,the "several owners" of CSX 2104 as you refer to them who owned CSX 2104 prior to discovering the VIN mix up amount to actually two owners and are as follows.

Original owner was Rozella Ruch registry states she was second but Ned is going to fix that for next edition. She kept the car until her death in 1988. Her husband sold it with 9100 miles to Walt Wilkinson the second owner in CA who discovered the VIN had been mixed up when it left NY with CSX 2112. So the actual second owner figured it out pretty quickly. Walt sold it to Geaorge Raterink who sold it to Robert Nelson who sold it through a broker to Colin Comer who sold it to Ron Krolick who traded it to me for a Porsche Carrera GT. That is the cars owner history and fortunately the SAAC guys really keep up to date with all the Shelby cars history adding significantly to their value.

In regard to the current CSX series Cobra's they make a 4000 series and a 7000 series where you can purchase aluminum or plastic bodies with a real CSX VIN number and they sell a rolling chassis. Very nice cars. They will also build you a killer Shelby engine in house for the car.

They recently built me an engine for my 66 Shelby GT 350 drag car 6S011 and installed it in the car and totally went through the car over a period of two years to bring it up to current drag race Shelby specs. Interestingly enough they did a mechanical and chassis resto on the car and installed the new engine with it's own new Shelby VIN that only they and SAAC know what is the correct new VIN number a full year before Ferrari dreamed up their new Classic verification and resto program. The Shelby factory here in Vegas just rocks and they are doing some neat stuff over there!

They also made a CSX 1000 series wherein these bodies were built by a revived AC cars company in the UK. AC was able to deliver just 13 aluminum bodies to Shelby before they went belly up yet again. AC being the original supplier of the original 2000/3000 series Cobra's. Many second generation AC cars family members worked on these 13 cars. The first one CSX 1001 was sold to charity last year at Barrett Jackson by Shelby himself for over 500K if I recall? It was originally owned by the Shelby sales manager at the time and it was returned to Shelby to be sold for charity. I owned CSX 1009 for 18 months and finally got impatient with waiting for the car being built and asked the Shelby guys to sell it to one of their dealers and figured I would use the money to buy a Ford GT.
Obviously I am not one of the sharpest tools in the shed?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
CSX 2104 said:
BTW Bony,the "several owners" of CSX 2104 as you refer to them who owned CSX 2104 prior to discovering the VIN mix up amount to actually two owners and are as follows.

Original owner was Rozella Ruch registry states she was second but Ned is going to fix that for next edition. She kept the car until her death in 1988. Her husband sold it with 9100 miles to Walt Wilkinson the second owner in CA who discovered the VIN had been mixed up when it left NY with CSX 2112. So the actual second owner figured it out pretty quickly. Walt sold it to Geaorge Raterink who sold it to Robert Nelson who sold it through a broker to Colin Comer who sold it to Ron Krolick who traded it to me for a Porsche Carrera GT. That is the cars owner history and fortunately the SAAC guys really keep up to date with all the Shelby cars history adding significantly to their value.

In regard to the current CSX series Cobra's they make a 4000 series and a 7000 series where you can purchase aluminum or plastic bodies with a real CSX VIN number and they sell a rolling chassis. Very nice cars. They will also build you a killer Shelby engine in house for the car.

They recently built me an engine for my 66 Shelby GT 350 drag car 6S011 and installed it in the car and totally went through the car over a period of two years to bring it up to current drag race Shelby specs. Interestingly enough they did a mechanical and chassis resto on the car and installed the new engine with it's own new Shelby VIN that only they and SAAC know what is the correct new VIN number a full year before Ferrari dreamed up their new Classic verification and resto program. The Shelby factory here in Vegas just rocks and they are doing some neat stuff over there!

They also made a CSX 1000 series wherein these bodies were built by a revived AC cars company in the UK. AC was able to deliver just 13 aluminum bodies to Shelby before they went belly up yet again. AC being the original supplier of the original 2000/3000 series Cobra's. Many second generation AC cars family members worked on these 13 cars. The first one CSX 1001 was sold to charity last year at Barrett Jackson by Shelby himself for over 500K if I recall? It was originally owned by the Shelby sales manager at the time and it was returned to Shelby to be sold for charity. I owned CSX 1009 for 18 months and finally got impatient with waiting for the car being built and asked the Shelby guys to sell it to one of their dealers and figured I would use the money to buy a Ford GT.
Obviously I am not one of the sharpest tools in the shed?

Thanks for added information on 2104. Everything in this post is spot on.
I don't think more than three or possibly four of the CSX1000 were delivered.
Sad that Ford can't seem to meet you expectations and you will not have the great ownership - fellowship expirence of the GT. I looked at your website
and know several of the cars. If anything should become of interest I will contact you knowing that I will get your personal 24/7 attention and aftercare second to none.

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
bigdan40 said:
Bony, what a wealth of info!!! :thumbsup I knew that SPF and Shelby kissed and made up but also read that some group named Hillbank Auto owned by Lance Stander bought SPF. Either way when they were seperate and Price was running the show SPF replicas were better then the 4000 series cars. Their Daytona is real nice also, almost bought one! Dan
P.S. Still like your first girl the best... :biggrin

What I understand is Lance has the agency for the USA of Superformance, Price is High Tech and he builds them. All Shelby dealers and all Superformance dealers have acess to both lines of cars. That is the big picture painting with a roller and not a small brush. :biggrin

Roger Vincent

GT Owner
May 31, 2006
Bowling Green, KY
I think my Ford GT is sold pending a repair of the current glitches.[/QUOTE]

Selling the GT is probably the best thing at this point of your unhappiness with the car. Fortunately for me, I have not had gotten to this level of dissatisfaction, and plan to keep my Ford GT for as long as possible. Don't know you, but I sure wish you had better luck with your ownership and could have enjoyed the great satisfaction that most of us on this forum seem to display. BTW, the Cobra you have is a knock out. I don't own an original Cobra, but I do enjoy my SPF, and appreciate the originals all the more because of it. Good luck with the repair glitch.