Ford GT at COTA

matteuson

GT Owner
Jun 4, 2014
Cincinnati, OH
I am posting this on behalf of CincyKen who took his Ford GT to COTA this past week to participate in the SVRA National Championships. His team won it's class and also took first in class in the feature race. Including the SVRA Indy event, the car is undefeated since the build was completed earlier this year.

The car hit 184 mph in practice, not sure of the times and speeds during the event, I am sure CincyKen can elaborate. Race build and track support provided by Doran Racing.

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Huge congratulations! Car looks great!

Amazing our cars now available for "vintage" racing.

Well done!

CincyKen

GT Owner
Dec 23, 2013
Correction on the top speed. The 184 was for the P1 car not the GT. We will pull data box in the GT later today and I can post the top speed tomorrow.
Regardless the GT was bad fast.
My mistake......Cincy Ken

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Very cool! Congrats! Car is fabulous!

Ed

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Congratulations!

Outstanding accomplishment, with a fabulous looking car.

Never thought about the "Vintage" category either. I guess it really has been 10 years. ( Rally X - Duh! )

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the history and some of the technical details on the car?

Tomcat

GT Owner
Man that car (and the results) ARE GREAT!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Nice !! Congrats !! Beautiful car !! :thumbsup

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
That is awesome. Congrats and thanks for posting this.

Vince H

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Is That a Doran configuration?

CincyKen

GT Owner
Dec 23, 2013
Yes, the car is one of the 7 chassis that Ford sent to Kevin Doran for racing. This the same car that Dave and Andrea Robertson took to LeMans and finished 3rd in class. The chassis is a factory Ford GT. The body is all carbon fiber. Powered by Roush-Yates. I will post more specifics of the car tomorrow evening.
I hope this helps.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Interesting headlights.

550rwhp

GT Owner
Nov 6, 2012
North of Dallas, Texas
Congratulations! Would love to hear some sound clips and see some of pics of the motor.

CincyKen

GT Owner
Dec 23, 2013
After pulling the data box, the speed on the back straightaway averaged 164mph - 170mph. You carry very little speed going onto it. COTA is not really a high speed track unless you are a F1 or P1.