Ford GT Appreciation

GTHunter

GT Owner
Feb 14, 2012
Houston, TX
Lately, (as most of us know) The prices of the GTs have been sky rocketing. I am curious how long the price will increase, and how high they will get. Is the amount of them wrecked affecting this? My dad and I have had our GT for about a year now, and we have completely enjoyed every minute of it! Our car is at just about 4000 miles and has not skipped a beat, I hope to enjoy this car for a long time. I was just curious on this subject, and wanted to see what you all had to say.

Your friend,
Hunter Blount

Last edited:

GTMikey

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2008
Lake Tahoe
I just drive it

GTHunter

GT Owner
Feb 14, 2012
Houston, TX
I like how you think... :)
I just drive it

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
I just drive it

I love the way you think!! Gonna get my black GT detailed and polished in light of this good news;)

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Interesting to Speculate..No one really knows.

Much more fun to drive and get dirty than to wax, drool and store for someone else.

GTHunter

GT Owner
Feb 14, 2012
Houston, TX
My dad and i have put 1k miles on our GT since we got it last year. And it has been a blast! I cant wait until my dad will let me drive it, Im only 14 so that may take quite a few years!
Interesting to Speculate..No one really knows.

Much more fun to drive and get dirty than to wax, drool and store for someone else.

Last edited:

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Well, speculation is what many of us do for a living, and we all know that we know nothing. Buy the car because you love it, drive it, or look at it like EP did. Don't buy it and expect to make money from where they are today. The cars are 7-8 years old now, they'll require maintenance no matter how much (or little) you're using it. I've just bought the replacement GT today, will get it in 11 days, can't wait, but it scares me how much they cost today. Gauges aren't the only problem, transmissions could become a major problem going forward. Parts prices as we know are already through the roof. For the money I'm spending, I can buy many cars, with full warranty, and zero miles, but I want my GT!!! When I bought my first one just about 3 years ago, I paid 139. I passed on a 2,500 mile car from Shelby that would have cost me 40 more than the one I killed, what a mistake!! The one I'm buying has 3,100 miles and cost more than 20 more than the one that Shelby had offerred to me, and it'll need some love from Rich and Dennis. Mind you, the love it needs as Rich said, I could drive it for 5 years as is, and have no problems, but if I want it right (which I do), it's going to cost me, parts, shipping and labor. Buy it, and enjoy it the way you want, if the value goes up, so be it, if it doesn't, and you need it to, than you shouldn't be buying it in the first place.
JMHO!
Rant over

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Well, speculation is what many of us do for a living, and we all know that we know nothing. Buy the car because you love it, drive it, or look at it like EP did. Don't buy it and expect to make money from where they are today. The cars are 7-8 years old now, they'll require maintenance no matter how much (or little) you're using it. I've just bought the replacement GT today, will get it in 11 days, can't wait, but it scares me how much they cost today. Gauges aren't the only problem, transmissions could become a major problem going forward. Parts prices as we know are already through the roof. For the money I'm spending, I can buy many cars, with full warranty, and zero miles, but I want my GT!!! When I bought my first one just about 3 years ago, I paid 139. I passed on a 2,500 mile car from Shelby that would have cost me 40 more than the one I killed, what a mistake!! The one I'm buying has 3,100 miles and cost more than 20 more than the one that Shelby had offerred to me, and it'll need some love from Rich and Dennis. Mind you, the love it needs as Rich said, I could drive it for 5 years as is, and have no problems, but if I want it right (which I do), it's going to cost me, parts, shipping and labor. Buy it, and enjoy it the way you want, if the value goes up, so be it, if it doesn't, and you need it to, than you shouldn't be buying it in the first place.
JMHO!
Rant over

Congrats! You finally found one! White/blue?

GTHunter

GT Owner
Feb 14, 2012
Houston, TX
Now that is something i agree with! I was just curious haha! what color combo?
JMHO!
Rant over

Last edited:

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, bur rather to skid in sideways, covered in scars, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, 'Yahoo! What a ride!' "

So with that popular quote in mind: I've replaced smashed body panels, hurt engines, broken tranny, etc. I have a pitted front windshield, paint chips & 42,000+ miles on the odo. I plan to use the GT for what it was designed for - fun, fun, fun! I'll let the family worry about the resale value when I am gone or too feeble in mind or body to drive it anymore.

Ed

GTHunter

GT Owner
Feb 14, 2012
Houston, TX
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, bur rather to skid in sideways, covered in scars, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, 'Yahoo! What a ride!' "

So with that popular quote in mind: I've replaced smashed body panels, hurt engines, broken tranny, etc. I have a pitted front windshield, paint chips & 42,000+ miles on the odo. I plan to use the GT for what it was designed for - fun, fun, fun! I'll let the family worry about the resale value when I am gone or too feeble in mind or body to drive it anymore.

Ed

resale? You wont be burried in it? haha -Hunter

Last edited:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I just drive it
Mikey,
I with you buddy ! I am so sick of what its worth threads! You buy a car to drive and enjoy.As I have said a 1000 x The only investment a car is ,is your enjoyment ……….!

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I saw the subject of this thread and thought it was all about appreciating the GT. Yes, I do! Every day. I am lucky and privileged.

topshot

GT Owner
Feb 6, 2012
Metro Detroit, MIchigan
Drive them like you stole them,,,,,, that is why they were made.... it is sad when I get home from the track and have to clean all the rubber off, but it was a blast putting it on...

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
I don't get not driving these cars. I have put 10,000 on my white and about 1500 on my Heritage. I have had a McLaren Spider for 3 months and already 2000 miles-- all this with limited days I can drive due to work. I have put about 150,000 on various Vipers.

What will be more fun? Driving them or thinking, "wow, I made out like a bandit because I sold my car with 500 miles on it?"

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Congrats! You finally found one! White/blue?

Now that is something i agree with! I was just curious haha! what color combo?
For me, there was only one color the first time, and the same one this time!!! White with blue. It passed Rich Brooks inspection, a few things will need to get addressed, in addition to making the way my first one was. I'm going to drive it this "season", and then ship it out to GTG for what needs to be done, and what I want. Exhaust, T&A, short shift, pulley/tune. I'm going to put the Bridgestones on it right away, as it still has the OEM tires. Car has 3100 miles on it, would have preferred one with more, but don't want to lose another one!!! I will drive it, put lots of miles on it, and enjoy it. If it continues to increase in value, great, if it doesn't, doesn't matter!!!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I don't get not driving these cars. I have put 10,000 on my white and about 1500 on my Heritage. I have had a McLaren Spider for 3 months and already 2000 miles-- all this with limited days I can drive due to work. I have put about 150,000 on various Vipers.

What will be more fun? Driving them or thinking, "wow, I made out like a bandit because I sold my car with 500 miles on it?"

My heritage turned 3100 this week. It had 1500 when I got it. If I do the Vegas drive I want to do this summer it wil be a other 2000 this summer. At 5000 miles a heritage has no value so now is just as we'll drive it more. The problem is the weather - it snowed a foot again yesterday

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
At 5000 miles a heritage has no value.......

Say what now? You can put 20,000 more miles on it if you'd like and I'll gladly take it off your hands for free:)

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
I have been the only owner of my car which means I bought it at the height of the craziness. Paid way, way over sticker and it never bothered me a bit. Along with the GT I've had astons, p cars, ferrari's, Shelby and still the GT reigns supreme in my eyes. If you have to worry about this or that you're missing the whole experience in my opinion. Granted I admit that I haven't been driving it a whole lot but every time I do I got a grin on my ugly mug as wise as the Grand Canyon.
I tell you something else, I just got it detailed by a pro and it looks better than it ever has. I just love everything about it. Now I will probably drive it less (just kidding)
Ernie

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
I have been the only owner of my car which means I bought it at the height of the craziness. Paid way, way over sticker and it never bothered me a bit. Along with the GT I've had astons, p cars, ferrari's, Shelby and still the GT reigns supreme in my eyes. If you have to worry about this or that you're missing the whole experience in my opinion. Granted I admit that I haven't been driving it a whole lot but every time I do I got a grin on my ugly mug as wise as the Grand Canyon.
I tell you something else, I just got it detailed by a pro and it looks better than it ever has. I just love everything about it. Now I will probably drive it less (just kidding)
Ernie

Ernie
You obviously haven't been in touch with the market as of late. If you bought new, you got in at the GROUND level. Anybody that has acquired one in the last 3-4 months (myself included) bought in at the height of the craziness. You made out like a bandit, my friend!