Ford Gt 600re

prmoldoaks

GT Owner
Jul 31, 2006
GT FINALE
Roush Ford GT 600RE unveiled

Roush has developed a special Ford GT called the 600RE to mark the end of production for the American supercar. Based upon a standard GT, the 600RE features an engine upgrade and some styling tweaks.

The vehicle is designed and assembled at the Roush Technical Centre, based the UK; it's also the only official Ford GT service centre in the UK. It's being marketed solely through.

The new Roush 600RE features include:

Upgraded supercharger pulley system
Unique vehicle numbering and identity plaques
Unique keyed light pack
Tubi exhaust system
Tinted glass
Transmission oil breather system
Colour keyed hoses
Black powder coated wheels
(Optional) 4-point harness pack
Production of the 600RE is limited to only 10 vehicles, so you’ll need to be quick if you fancy

RE6003.jpg

RE6002.jpg

RE6001.jpg

jdoc7

GT Owner #1872
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 7, 2007
Central, Illinois
That has got to be the most sinister looking GT I have seen...I love it!

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
I like this one too....

Attachments

• FGT Black.jpg
    FGT Black.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 740
  • FGT Black2.jpg
    FGT Black2.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 714
  • FGT Black3.jpg
    FGT Black3.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 717

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Blacked out looks baaaaaaaaaaaaad.(good!)

piplani

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 30, 2006
Switzerland
GT FINALE
Roush Ford GT 600RE unveiled

Roush has developed a special Ford GT called the 600RE to mark the end of production for the American supercar. Based upon a standard GT, the 600RE features an engine upgrade and some styling tweaks.

The vehicle is designed and assembled at the Roush Technical Centre, based the UK; it's also the only official Ford GT service centre in the UK. It's being marketed solely through.

The new Roush 600RE features include:

Upgraded supercharger pulley system
Unique vehicle numbering and identity plaques
Unique keyed light pack
Tubi exhaust system
Tinted glass
Transmission oil breather system
Colour keyed hoses
Black powder coated wheels
(Optional) 4-point harness pack
Production of the 600RE is limited to only 10 vehicles, so you’ll need to be quick if you fancy

RE6003.jpg

RE6002.jpg

RE6001.jpg

Supposedly at 140000 Pounds St---roughly USD290000.Thats a fat premium...

prmoldoaks

GT Owner
Jul 31, 2006
I paid £130k ($260) for my GT here in UK worth every penny, you still cant buy a new (low miles) gt in the Uk for under $220,000.

There is one Blue unit for sale with 45,000 miles on the clock for sale at $180,000.

A colleague has just purchased Clarksons car, at least it now has an owner who can appreciate and understands the car

piplani

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 30, 2006
Switzerland
Bought mine here in switzerland for 280k SFR early last year -0 miles and first registry.A number of them available here under 500 miles in the 290-320k SFR range.
Personally looking to get a second GT probably a GTX 1 for the increasing summer days we have here.The black Roush GT looks amazing.Darth Vader amazing.

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
Neilda, are you going to get one of these?

Rob

dikran

GT Owner
Aug 11, 2006
Birmingham, MI
Hot wheels!!!

I'd love to get my hands on those wheels. They look like the standard upgrades, but in black. Anyone know if we can get our hands on a set.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
I'd love to get my hands on those wheels. They look like the standard upgrades, but in black. Anyone know if we can get our hands on a set.

Take a set of stock upgraded wheels to any good powder coater and the can do it for you. I did black satin on my z06, loved the look and break dust was never a problem again. :thumbsup

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
Those looks BAD TO THE BONE!

Makes me second guess the 5g I dropped on the Iforged wheels

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Take a set of stock upgraded wheels to any good powder coater and the can do it for you. I did black satin on my z06, loved the look and break dust was never a problem again. :thumbsup

Rumor has it that powder coating the cast BBS upgraded wheels will cause the aluminum to fatique...... shouldn't painting be performed over powder coating the upgraded wheels?

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
How does it fatigue the aluminum?

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
Rumor has it that powder coating the cast BBS upgraded wheels will cause the aluminum to fatique...... shouldn't painting be performed over powder coating the upgraded wheels?

MAD the upgraded BBS wheels are forged....

Still powder coating may weaken the wheels if done at too high temps.

I wouldn't powder coat a wheel that was not designed with powder vcoating "in mind".

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter

How does it fatigue the aluminum?

MAD the upgraded BBS wheels are forged....

Still powder coating may weaken the wheels if done at too high temps.

I wouldn't powder coat a wheel that was not designed with powder vcoating "in mind".

Aluminum alloys are tempered to provide specific mechanical properties.

These aluminum alloys have a temper designation like “T-6” after the alloy (i.e. 6061 T-6).

The temper can be affected; softened under certain heat conditions.

Some powder coating ovens run above 400°F and have been known to reduce the temper on such aluminum alloys.

Considering that a supplier cannot predict the cure temperature used by a powder coater, they advise against powder coating their products.

I would accept their recommendations on face value and not try to powder coat these types of parts.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Doubt I'd buy a second GT - although the thought has crossed my mind!

Here are a couple more shots of the 600

600.jpg

6002.jpg

xraygt

GT Owner
Sep 10, 2006
black wheels

so can you paint the BBS wheels and will it stay on over time?

M C B

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 13, 2007
Motor City
Originally posted by everetto (post#11, Roush 600RE GT):

"I have posted before stating that the specifics of the powdercoat cure temperature and the specific alloy in question MUST be known before one can state that there will be issues that impact the strength of the wheel;

Mark’s Handbook for Mech Engr’s (10th Edition, Pg 6-55) says:

“The loss in strength is proportional to the time at elevated temperature…6061-T6 heated to 400°F (200°C) for no longer than 30min or to 300°F (150°C) for 100-200h suffer no appreciable loss in strength.”

I am not sure of which alloy our BBS wheels are constructed, but it is likely 6061 - maybe someone can verify this. I am still considering powdercoating my wheels black, and if I do I will consult with the techs who do the job regarding the specifics of their bake temperature and the time. This can be done with no issues if proper care and research is done."

M C B

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 13, 2007
Motor City
I prefer the track version, myself. Satin finish, silver wheels, high spoiler. The black rims on the street version look almost like a set of donuts. They need something added.... or else the silver lugs blacked out as well.

dikran

GT Owner
Aug 11, 2006
Birmingham, MI
How is Roush doing the wheels? If powdercoating the existing wheels causes detioration of the aluminum (or the possiblility), then how should we assume Roush is coating his wheels. I still want the black ones. And with the new lugs coming in from Derry...