Ford GT 220 mph video - Philippines

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
If your still running with the catalytic converters, you might try 105 unleaded on the dyno. Usually at the boost #'s your running the higher octane leaded c16 isn't needed. Try taking off the windshield wipers also, they just pop off with a clip.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
It looked pretty damn fast to me. I was a little puckered at the end of the vid.

Thanks for the post!

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
The GT in the video is currently doing 640 whp w/ 18lbs boost, C16 race fuel,
and rev limit of 7200 rpm. I run 1st , 2nd, 3rd , 4th gear to 7,200 rpm and 5th gear to 6,600 rpm. Very impressive engine. at 2500 rpm torque is almost at peak all the way to 7000rpm and hp shoots up to 7,200 rpm.
Yes, I could tell by sound of the engine that it was winding up beyond 6,500 RPM and could also tell that the exhaust system was "updated".

Fantastic video!!! Jay

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
If your still running with the catalytic converters, you might try 105 unleaded on the dyno. Usually at the boost #'s your running the higher octane leaded c16 isn't needed. Try taking off the windshield wipers also, they just pop off with a clip.

i am guessing that over in the Phillipines they don't have access to 104 octane unleaded. i know what you mean about the windshield wipers. when i hit 200 mph mine started to flutter from the wind blast. i would imagine at 220 mph they are floatin pretty good. :biggrin for the last 2 days i have been drinking San Miguel beer which is made in the Phillipines. i am hoping that it will make me go a lil faster :willy

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Yes, I could tell by sound of the engine that it was winding up beyond 6,500 RPM and could also tell that the exhaust system was "updated".

Fantastic video!!! Jay

thats a good observation you made there. when analyzng vids such as these you have to do a lil bit of detective work in order to really understand whats goin on. i put a stop watch to his run and timed him at 26 seconds to reach 7,000 rpm's in 4th gear at 195 mph and 52 seconds to reach 220 mph. thats pretty quick for sure :cheers

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
That means he pulled 5th for about 3 miles!

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
That means he pulled 5th for about 3 miles!

it took him 26 seconds to go from 195 mph to 220 mph. so thats more like 1.5 miles in distance. :pop

if you stay at 180 mph for 1 mile it takes you 20 seconds so an average speed of 210 mph is 15% more which would be 17 seconds. since he averaged 210 mph for 26 seconds that would be approximately 1.5 miles :thumbsup

fyi, it took him about the same amount of time to go from 210-220 mph as it did to go from 195-210 mph. aerodynamic resistance is a bitch :bang

D one

FORD GT OWNER - PHILLIPINES
May 17, 2007
Good afternoon Gentlemen, here we have an elevated highway we called Skyway. We do our run usually around 5:30am on sundays where other commuters hardly enter. The best part to do our highspeed run starts from exit toll booth to the last exit w/ a ramp that leads to the city which is about 4.3 kms long + the 500meter ramp w/c goes down to merge to the cityroad. The digital camera is placed on my window on a suction mount to catch the speedo and portion of the road. There's even a sweeper we have to negotiate wth each time we guys do our run ( If you noticed in the video at about 190 mph the car have to line up close to the gutter and near the rail to get a good line). On my previous testing w/ only exit headers we only topped 200mph and breaking was a breeze but in this video I have to downshift thru the gears and even use half of the ramp as braking. This is the best place for testing our car so far. Thanks!

Last edited:

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
congratulations on joining the 200 mph club :party

D one

FORD GT OWNER - PHILLIPINES
May 17, 2007
Thanks very much Fast Freddie. By the way just what to share this video of 200mph drive by my brother took from my previous run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkrICpdDTfE