Ford dealer service?

Nicec2s

GT Owner
May 20, 2009
Chatham, NJ
Hi Folks,

I'm happy to say that I'm a proud new GT owner....after dreaming for a long while. I'm located in northern NJ, and am wondering if anyone knows which NJ Ford dealers are knowledgable enough to work on GT's. I'm thinking routine stuff. Please advise. Many thanks.

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Nicec2s, congratulations. I too am from North Jersey as are several others. What town? There are no dealers nearby you can trust for routine work. We consider them catastrophe insurance only, during the warranty period. However, rumor has it that the GT Guys may be paying a visit soon (you DO know who they are, right?), so start making a list now.

Howard

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Nicec2s, welcome to the forum. The GT Guys are an excellent choice for any type of service. Pictures are forthcoming I presume?

Now that you have become an owner, it's time to consider becoming a supporting member of the best forum ever!! :thumbsup

Aug 25, 2006
Enjoy your new gal

Takes care

Shadowman

Nicec2s

GT Owner
May 20, 2009
Chatham, NJ
Thanks all. :thumbsup
I'll post some pictures as soon as I figure out how to clip attachments.
Best,

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Congrats on the car....

Do be super-cautious who you take it to for service. You've done the right thing asking here. :wink

There are some horrid tales of garages 'road testing' GT's after a service with the inevitable consequences. :frown

The GT is a moderately idiosyncratic piece of machinery, I wouldn't trust it to just any Ford dealer....

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
There is a sticky about good service dealerships here onthe forum.

H

HHGT

Congrats and welcome to the brotherhood.

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
Thanks all. :thumbsup
I'll post some pictures as soon as I figure out how to clip attachments.
Best,

Nicec2s-

Congrats on your latest purchase! I too am a new proud owner (Tungsten) - life is good! I'm not sure if you are familiar with the Carlisle All-Ford Nationals located in Carlisle, PA but I wanted to let you know the GT Guys will be at the event conducting upgrades & services during the event. I'd recommend contacting them if you would like to bring your car to have them conduct some work on it - this would allow them to schedule you in. It would be great to see your new ride as well, better yet you'll even have a great opportunity to meet some forum members along with other proud GT owners out there during the weekend. Here's more info in a couple of posts on this forum & the Carlisle Events website:

GT Guys Information for the event

GTJoey's enthusiastic post regarding the All-Ford Nationals

More info about the event: click here.

I hope to meet you at the event on June 5-7!

Cheers,

Lance

PS I'm going to have the GT Guys do some upgrades on my car during the weekend - we'll also be conducting a baseline dyno run along with a follow-up dyno run after the upgrades are implemented - it should be fun!

Last edited:

TifosiTed

GT Owner
Jul 30, 2007
Chicago Burbs
Congrats on the FGT!

Pls. be careful on cold tires until you have a few hundred miles of experience.

I've had what I thought was a lot of experience driving cars sideways, but my GT quickly tought me to respect her power within the first few drives. Lucky, no damage other than soild shorts.:eek

Nicec2s

GT Owner
May 20, 2009
Chatham, NJ
racelance,
Regrettably, I won't be able to make the Carlisle event. Prior conflicts make it too difficult (which I'm really disappointed about). I've heard that the GT Guys may be coming to our area after the event (sometime), so I'm hopeful to get some routine service done at that point.
Enjoy the event. Wish I was going to be there.
Nicec2s

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
Nicec2s-

Sorry you aren't able to make it to the event, it should be a blast. Not to worry - it sounds like we'll have plenty of video coverage throughout the entire weekend. Plus, we have some bigger plans for 2010 - I'll keep you posted!

Enjoy the ride!

Cheers,

Lance

Danc

Jul 28, 2008
Good question c2s. I am also in NJ and haven't found a dealer/mechanic for my gt. Maybe we have enough gt's in nnj to convince the gt guys to make us one of their regular stops.

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
It's already scheduled, Danc. Where are you?

Howard

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
It's not North Jersey - I am central - but I have had good luck at McCafferty Ford in Langhorne, PA. Their GT technician is Tim Potts, and he treats the car like it is his. He was recommended elsewhere on the Forum, and I went to meet him, and then used him for an oil change. He was great.

Also ( again not North - this time South ) Downs Ford in Toms River is a Ford Racing Performance parts dealer, and they came up with the best prices on a bunch of both Ford spare parts, and Ford Racing parts that I shopped around to 4 sources. Rick is the Motorsports guy - he's a serious drag racer. Herve is the Ford parts guy and he seems to know how to navigate the system. He can fax you catalog pages, etc. Jimmy is the service manager, and they say they have done a lot of work on GT's. Their GT tech is Bobby ( I think that's right ) and he seems to be knowledgeable about the car, and has the right stuff to lift it, etc. I am considering having them install the pulley and tune I got from Ford Racing. They say they have done several.