? for thos having taken their daughters

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
My 17yo daughter has expressed an interest in attending Rally III with me. Any of you having been in this situation have an opinion? I would enjoy the time with her, but is it too long and too car related for her? HELP!!!!!

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
At some point.....

.......even the most devoted father at a Ford GT Rally will want to go off and do something on his own. What do you do with your daughter then??? Who do you leave her with??? Who can you trust??? During last year's Rally in California my son Charley remarked to me, "The only trouble with this event dad, is that not enough of the GT owners bring their daughters". PM "AZGT" (Larry) as both of his daughters have attended just about every GT event and had a blast. Below is a photo of two GT owners daughter's at our Indianapolis 500 event! Bring her!!!

Chip

Attachments

• 4444.jpg
    4444.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 447

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Bring Her!

We brought our daughter Megan last year. She 'trailered' with us and the GT from Detroit to Scottsdale to Newport Beach. My wife and I drove in our GT and George was kind enough to let Megan 'Shotgun' with him!!...She is 23 yrs old. She had a 2 week vacation she will never forget and she loved it.

This year she is in Med School, but I already promised to fly her to Las Vegas for the Friday pm and Saturday events and then back to Detroit on Sunday. She is very excited ....it was a wonderful family vacation with a great group of folks who are all class acts... We have our Family portrait with Carroll Shelby in our family room - framed..from the event...

Send me a pm if you want more details..

AJB

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
The apple dosen't fall far from the tree. I'd trust my Daughters with Charlie anytime. Tomy

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
My daughters and son (16, 14, 11) have been at two rallys and other events. I had doubts before Detroit. None anymore. They have had a blast, loved every minute, and have cherished memories. Bring her - neither of you will regret it. These things only happen once. Plus between Charley and my boy, she is covered :biggrin

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Chip-
Thanks for posting up the picture. My daughter had a great time and I too plan to fly her out for a portion of the Vegas event if all works out.
Did you ever see my PM on Charley's offer??

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Are we there yet?

Chip-
Thanks for posting up the picture. My daughter had a great time and I too plan to fly her out for a portion of the Vegas event if all works out.
Did you ever see my PM on Charley's offer??

Bill,

Yes I did and so did Charley. He's counting down the hours. :biggrin

Chip

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Thanks for the replies!

As for now, looks like she and I will be drving ol' red out to AZ. I have FUBAR's bus. card in my wallet in case I need to "bust a cap".

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
AJB's daughter Megan with Camillo last year in Newport Beach:

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
We could always use a baby sitter to keep her outta trouble... Timmy was at I and II..... 6 months old and 1.5 and now 2.5 + for #III

He's obviously 24/7 kid right now and he still has a blast and so do we.... so... 17? no worries.... she'll do what she wants and stay outta trouble with the others...

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
We are working now to get flights for Megan from Detroit and back. Since it seem like we have a lot of 'proud dad's" who will have their daughters attending Rally III, we should arrange some type of ''Daughter get Together'' so they can be introduced to each other..

AJB

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
We are working now to get flights for Megan from Detroit and back. Since it seem like we have a lot of 'proud dad's" who will have their daughters attending Rally III, we should arrange some type of ''Daughter get Together'' so they can be introduced to each other..

AJB

Please check your email.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
In the loop.

.......we should arrange some type of ''Daughter get Together'' so they can be introduced to each other......AJB

Gentlemen,

My son Charley is very interested in this special event!! :banana :banana :biggrin

Chip

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
The apple dosen't fall far from the tree. I'd trust my Daughters with Charlie anytime. Tomy

Just how is Tomy's judgment? :lol Chip it is most gracious of you and your family to welcome all of us. After spending 14 hours in a two seater with a teenager I will need a drink! Any other parents interested in a teen/early 20's get together please PM or email me. I will need relief!!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I just turned 19 ,she can hang out with me !!