Florida GTs: GP St. Pete, Heffner Dyno Day, April 4-6, 2008, *pics post 240*

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
OK, well, it should be clear Sebring fell through because we never found any realistic lodging situation for all the out of towners. Luckily for us, they do TWO ALMS races in Florida, the second being the Streets of St. Pete race a few weeks later. There is also ample local accomodations (I'd love to base us at the Hard Rock nearby...parking garage, gambling, etc).

The bonus to this race is that it's just like the Detroit GP (and no that doesn't mean it's on an island where bodies float by periodically and girls in high heels ask if you're a cop before they pitch). It means you get not one, but TWO races. An American Le Mans race, with all that good stuff from Ferrari, Audi, Porsche, etc on Saturday, and an IRL race with the open wheel guys Sunday.

Bony, Camilo and I will be there. Can we make a weekend of this? I would love to bring Rich and Dennis and work on a few cars. I would also love to stop by Jason Heffner's shop to see all the Lambor...I mean Ford GT's and do a dyno day. The ticket prices are reasonable, and depending on the group size we could just grandstand it, get a catered rooftop chalet with grandstand seats to boot, or go nuts and get a start/finish suite (at a hefty price tag).

The only downside is there is no on-site parking like at Indy because it is a street circuit. To that I say, I can easily get us bused in and out a la the Newport Beach Yacht for a reasonable price.

Time is of the essence my friends. Let's do it! :cheers

If we can get 50 names up here in a week, we will buy the tickets ASAP, and I will hammer out dinners, dynos and drinks.

1. DBK
2. Bony
3. Camilo
4. cmoody32
5. pauleddy
6. andymlow
7. tmcphail
8. Stormcat
9. 1418
10. the gt guys
11. Tungsten
12. Sinovac
13. Indy GT
14. TimCantwell
15. Sinovac
16. SuperB
17. shesgotlegs

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Got my airplane ticket. What hotel do you want to use as headquarters?
Where do I send my deposit, how much.
Damn fine Christmas present, thanks DBK!! :)

cmoody32

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 8, 2006
I will be there. I am not sure if I will use lodging as I live in Sarasota.:cheers

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
I would love to be there but it is my daughters 18th Birthday that weekend.

Stu

pauleddy

Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 14, 2007
Newport/Boca Grande
Count me in for the FL GT weekend. Might drive up from B.G. in "Black Beauty" if you can book Hard Rock hotel with "safe" parking garage. Keep us in the loop, please!
Paul

andymlow

GT Owner
May 17, 2007
Sarasota, FL
Count me in. Sounds like a ton of fun and I really look forward to meeting you characters in person.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Put me on the list !!!

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
In !

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
Of course we would be interested in attending. Just need a place to work out of.

Rich B

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
I'm game. :cheers

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
I'm hoping to make it, driving down from Niceville FL. I may have a conflict with work, but hopefully work won't interfere.

Tungsten

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 22, 2006
Atlanta
I'm In

Dave,
Count me in. Where do we send money?
Tungsten:thumbsup

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I am seriously bummed I cannot make it. Board meeting out in Los Angeles. Damn. :frown

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I'm hoping to make it, driving down from Niceville FL. I may have a conflict with work, but hopefully work won't interfere.

Where in the heck is Niceville ???..:biggrin

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I am seriously bummed I cannot make it. Board meeting out in Los Angeles. Damn. :frown

Just leave the keys to the GT's. We'll take care of them :biggrin

Come on man, you've got a plane, What's L.A to Sarasota? 4 hours?

Doorman

GT Owner
Oct 30, 2006
I'm in for the Fl. GT week-end. Will drive from my home in Bonita Springs, Fl.
How much do you for a deposit?

Doorman

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Doorman, don't worry bout it. As soon as we have a sufficient group that looks like they want to go, I'll let everyone know the ticketing prices. We'll cap it at 50 cars. I don't anticipate that being more than 1 week. :cheers

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Just leave the keys to the GT's. We'll take care of them :biggrin

Come on man, you've got a plane, What's L.A to Sarasota? 4 hours?

Meeting starts Friday AM and ends Saturday w dinner. With a three hour time change I just can't pull it off.

I'll leave the GT keys under the mat. Take your pick, but don't let Camilo drive...:lol

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Since when is 100% attendance a BoD requirement...???:bs
Merry Christmas Chris, what color do you want me to take???:biggrin:cheers:biggrin

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'll leave the GT keys under the mat. Take your pick, but don't let Camilo drive...:lol

In that case, please also leave the F430 and Z8 keys :rofl