floor mats slipping

Gonzo

GT Owner
Sep 5, 2011
i recently purchased a 2006 GT. I've owned a 360 and gallardo in the past and this car is a lot more fun and alot more satisfying i only have 2 concerns. First of all, the floor mats slip. theres no sticky rubber underneath the mat, and no carpet in the car, so the mat is constantly slipping/moving. makes it even tougher to get in and of of the car. Is that how they all are? was just curious. also the "check gauge" has come on 2x. it showed empty fuel tank despite it being full.

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Welcome!

Are these the OEM rubber mats? Sound like they are aftermarket. The way around this is velco. I run one in front and one in back of my mats.

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
Hey Gonzo!

Congrats on the new GT!!
Have a look at the link below to my online store, I have some great replacement aftermarket carpeted mats that are not slippery, easier to clean (vacuum) and have some nice embroidery that's customizable.
As well as some other goodies for your GT!

PM me or contact me from my website link!

Andrew

ProsInteriorGT.jpg

IMG00207-20100201-2203.jpg

FORDGTDRVSBLK.jpg

Gonzo

GT Owner
Sep 5, 2011
thanks guys. Andrew, why wont these floor mats slip? is there a non slip material on the bottom? the actual car floor is slick so just want to make sure its different from what i already have. If it is, I'll definitely order them up, because the slippage is driving me crazy... Otherwise, I absolutely love the car.

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
The factory floor mats shouldn't slide around unless they have delaminated, and are not in place properly. Velcro may help.
Most people get tired of having to wipe the rubber floor mats, or can become slick when wet.

My carpet mats replace the oem rubber mats, add a bit more comfort and a better look to the interior, and can be vacummed

They also come with velcro fasteners

Andrew

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
I just bought a set from Andrew and got them installed lastnight. It is amazing how much they improve the looks of the interior. And you dont have to look at a dirty floor board everytime you get in. Get the hot buttons too:thumbsup

Gonzo

GT Owner
Sep 5, 2011
yeah i'm just worried that i will run into the same issue of slipping i def have aftermarket mats and theyre in great shape. Was wondering if velcro was the answer for my case. Although, was terrified about applying the velcro glue/tape on the actual car floor board.

Gonzo

GT Owner
Sep 5, 2011
but I'm up for trying anything. Again, thanks for all the advice, and Andrew if you think its worth giving it a shot, i'm game.

05redrich

GT Owner
Feb 20, 2006
MA
The factory mats should slide under a lip (on the floor) on each side (at least left, right, and back) and when they are, they really should not go anyplace.

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Andrews come with a Velcro strip stitched into the mat and then, with double sided tape you put the other side on the floor. Easy and reversible.

Gonzo

GT Owner
Sep 5, 2011
stupid question but what color is the floor board (without mat?)

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
Driver's/passenger's side floor boards are coated with sound insulation pads....in my case white.......also if your after-market mats were correctly designed the gas pedal base should provide a stop to keep them from creeping......