Floor Jack Adapter, ready for delivery!

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
I have a new web site that will allow you to purchase an updated version of the floor jack adapter. This is based on a similar design that was posted and tested two months ago.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12510&postcount=76

www.gtsaver.com

More products to come!

Thanks for your patience and please bookmark the site for future GT products.

Jay

Last edited:

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
That's great Jay - when will the site be ready for ordering from? Will you be able to ship to Europe?

Many thanks. Neil.

Bman33

GT Owner
Feb 22, 2006
Miami
Very cool, but I'm still curious as to how his wireless battery tender/charger works.. :willy

Come on analog spill the beans!!!!

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Thanks, Jay! Keep up the great work! :cheers

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Wireless battery charger status

Bman33 said:
Very cool, but I'm still curious as to how his wireless battery tender/charger works.. :willy

Come on analog spill the beans!!!!
Okay Bman33,

Due to my insane work schedule, the wireless battery charger has to be put on hold for a few more weeks! I do have the prototype circuit board for the receiver (the part that fits into the front spoiler) almost completed. The transmitter is more difficult since it must meet FCC, CE and TUV regulations. That certification alone can cost at least $5,000! I am meeting with one of these labs this week to make sure that my transmitter will "be legal."

Also, I did successfully use it on my NSX, since it has the worst battery draining problem due to the alarm system that was installed in it.

The charger works by principal of magnetic induction, just like Tesla did 100 years ago (remember the Tesla Coil?)! Mine will send a signal up to a foot away depending on the size and power of the transmitting coil. This is not black magic, just basic physics.

We GT owners will be the first to own something as this. Right now, it must be designed specifically for a particular car.

Thanks for asking! Jay

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Battery, shmattery, please tell me when the nuclear reactor rear clamshell light will hit the street! FJP

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Petunia, you might not have seen Jay's light for the engine bay. Go back through the threads. Look at the pics. It's unbelievable.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
analog, I need a set when your ready to ship, please put me down, ok? thanks kind sir!

Bman33

GT Owner
Feb 22, 2006
Miami
Just ordered a 2 pack! Thanks for what looks like a great product..
I'll report when I receive them.. :cheers

MNGT

Apr 3, 2006
I was just told that the car cannot be lifted off the ground and put on storage pegs with a simple (professional grade) jack. Is this true? I was told that the only way to lift the car off the ground and put it on jacks is by using a hydraulic lift. This seems very strange to me. I thought that this was the whole reason behind these adapters. I am often away on business and want to store the car in a way that will not create a flat spot on the tires. Any advice?

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
MNGT, you can lift off the ground with a fairly ordinary jack - it needs to be low entry. With due acknowledgement to Jay (it's his picture!) and a sincere hope that this copyright infringement won't spoil a beautiful friendship!

Attachments

• jack.jpg
    jack.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 117

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I've just re-read your post - putting the car on axle stands (is that what you want to do?) might be more awkward. Jay would know.

Sorry, that was my missunderstanding - speeding through posts!

MNGT

Apr 3, 2006
Yes, I would like to put the car on axle stands. (Thanks, I did not know the term.) Any suggestions on how to do this?

Thanks again for all of the help!

Hugh

Mar 27, 2006
MNGT said:
I am often away on business and want to store the car in a way that will not create a flat spot on the tires. Any advice?

Flat spots shouldn't become a problem if the car is stored for less than 5 or 6 months. As a precaution adding an additional 10 psi of air to them will help prevent flat spots.

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Images of jack adapter in use!

Here are some images of the adapter in use. Note the low profile ramps that I use which enables a standard floorjack to be easily used. I am sure that we can figure out a quick and easy way to "block" the car up for storage. Also note that I have inserted the jack from different angles, Jay:

Side%20view%20of%20side%20front.JPG

Front%20view%20of%20front.JPG

Front%20view%20of%20side%20front.JPG

Rear%20view1.JPG

Rear%20view%20closeup.JPG

Side%20view%20of%20rear.jpg

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
You're still my GT hero!

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Mine too! And how deeply sad that I actually enjoyed seeing those pictures - I'm losing it!! :lol

Jay, when I receive the pads (and thank you Gayle for all your help with that), how do you support the car? I'll undoubtedly want to get under it to 'fiddle' - I'd probably want to support the car in some way.

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Typically in using jack stands you are able to lift 2 wheels at the same time. For example with my Vette you lift from the rear or front, both wheels off the ground and place the jack stands underneath.

To protect the car you normally use a 2x6 piece of lumber when lifting.

The problem I see with the GT is that you cannot see where to lift because of the belly panels. Also the jacking points are not near the edge of the frame on the Vette but substantially underneath the car.

Dave

MNGT

Apr 3, 2006
Thanks to all of you for helping out. If anyone actually manages to put the car on axle stands, I would love to hear how they did it and how it went.

Thanks again!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Jack Stand

You might buy jack stands that have steel rather than cast uprights. Cut off the yoke it comes with. Have a shop make plates simular to your floor jack. Then you can use the cool lifting pads purchased from Analogdesigneron the jack stands. Haven't done this yet myself but will have my shop welder make some this next week.
There are two jacking points in the front of the Gt and four in the rear. I suggest starting in the rear when jacking your car as that's where most of the weight is at. Do both stands in the rear then go to the front. It will always be better balanced that way.

Just some random thoughts on a Sunday evening.

Regads to All

PL510*Jeff