First Retail Order GT for sale

teej

GT Owner
Jan 12, 2010
West Los Angeles
A friend sent me this link, not sure if it's beeen discussed here before or if it's a known car. Seems like there isnt much price appreciation for it being the first one... is it the first one?

http://www.legendarymotorcar.com/site/12032_2005_Ford_GT

No affiliation or interest - i was just trying to spur a conversation about it.

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
This is the Microsoft car I believe. Sold at auction with Jay Leno who later got the #12 VIN car. It is in one of the GT books. Think it sold for 557,000 or thereabouts.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
interesting it has the brushed aluminum dashboard like mine. It's a carbon copy of mine except it has gray calipers and mine has red.

What are they asking for it?

gzl

GT Owner
Jan 27, 2010
Interesting note is that Jay Leno got his GT at MSRP. Pretty nice, especially for a # 12 VIN car.

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
This company is up here in Canada just west of Toronto. Also this seems to me to be a USA car not a Canadian car.
Brushed Alum dashboard??? Never noticed that before!!

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Mine should be here in a few hours from Shelby. The first sold with the recall done to car collector Ron Pratte at the 05 Barrett Jackson for $300K Has only 750 miles. (Ford flew in guys to do the fix right before auction) Not quite the low number of this one, however.

H

HHGT

Help me out guys, and yes I am being sincere... What is the significance of having the first retail GT?

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Help me out guys, and yes I am being sincere... What is the significance of having the first retail GT?

To impress your friends . Seriously, I guess years from now its history may matter if it goes across Mecom or BJ. I have the second Viper ever produced (VIN 00002) which may have a bit more history because it was the personal car of Bob Lutz, the President of Chrysler and the Father of Viper. But even that one may take a few years.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I find it interesting that they don't publish the VIN....

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
And if I'm told correctly....the VIN's were not produced in order. So that is very interesting. Kinda hard to prove anything...better be really good docs and who are the docs from (always consider the source). Prolly be lots of "firsts".

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I thought the first retail car went at auction and was delivered to the buyer's order, which, I believe was dark blue. The buyer was from Oregon where he took delivery, but, I'm pretty sure it was dark blue.

CobraJeff, earn your keep, a little help here.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
This is the Microsoft car I believe. Sold at auction with Jay Leno who later got the #12 VIN car. It is in one of the GT books. Think it sold for 557,000 or thereabouts.

Not Jon Shirley's car - his is Blue. And has nearly 30k on it.

viva gt

GT Owner
Sep 15, 2010
toronto canada
i have yet to see a white fgt up close, so i am going to their showroom this friday. i will inquire about the price. my next fgt, if i'm lucky, will be white or yellow.

teej

GT Owner
Jan 12, 2010
West Los Angeles
I thought the price was $164.5

What I dont get is this - you take delivery of the first retail car so why dont you mothball it or trade it to someone who wants to mothball one and take one that you put miles on? Maybe somewhere along the ownership chain the miles got added, who knows... but i would suggest any premium this car would have had is gone with these miles, especially since there are so many FGTs with delivery miles on them (and several with <2 miles on them).

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
I don't believe that is the first FGT sold to the public. The first one sold was blue (MICROSOFT guy) - sold through Bowen Scarff Ford here in the Seattle area.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I don't believe that is the first FGT sold to the public. The first one sold was blue (MICROSOFT guy) - sold through Bowen Scarff Ford here in the Seattle area.

+1

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Don't know anything about the car but I used to really enjoy Peter's show Dream Car Garage. Seems like a very stand up up guy.

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Maybe it's in the wording. "First". First retail car. First delivered car. First car. First publicly delivered car. First auctioned car. First car offered to the public. First car produced. First available car. First car meant to be sold. First car sold. First car sold by FoMoCo. First car delivered by FoMoCo. First car auctioned by FoMoCo. ............lots of "firsts".

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Would you rather have the very first car or the very last in a production run? I recall seeing a few years back a very high number paid at auction for the last 67' Corvette to roll of the production line. Does anyone know who got the last GT? Would you have paid more to have it?

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Are you referring to the "last" GT built, the "last" GT sold, the "last" GT retailed", the "last" GT retailed in the US, the "last" GT delivered, the "last" serial numbered GT, or the "last" GT offered to the public?:biggrin:frown:confused:eek:willy