first quarter mile

John B

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2006
I took my GT to a cruising night at Raceway Park, in Englishtown, NJ last night. Everyone was allowed to do one timed run down the 1/4 mile. I had never run at a drag strip in my life but gave it a shot. I didn't really understand the staging procedure and was caught off guard by the green light on the start.

Reaction time was 0.75 (oops!)
60 ft 2.20 sec

E/T 11.3 @ 130 MPH

I figure the car really did a 10.7 & I goofed the start by probably .60
I must say I was pretty pleased with that for my first time ever on a drag strip though.

I soft pedaled it in 1st & 2nd expecting a lot of wheelspin but the surface was really sticky. I could have definately launched harder and rolled on the gas quicker.

The car has a Whipple S/C @ 19 lbs boost. Ida tune & exhaust
708 RWHP, stock tires @ 22psi.

I think if I put on my Hoosier rears at around 9 psi and get some practice it should get into the low 10's.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
noting to be ashamed of.... good run!:wink

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I think if I put on my Hoosier rears at around 9 psi and get some practice it should get into the low 10's.

Not a whole lotta question about that! :thumbsup

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
John

congrats, nice run especially for the first time. Big time numbers. I am sure it made people take notice.

Dave

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
good for you
you did good !!!!!

sam
#1451------red/white

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Congratulations, leaving late and finishing early always catches some attention. Sounds like you've been bitten by the 1/4 mile bug. Please keep us posted as you head toward the low 10's.

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
John

congrats, nice run especially for the first time. Big time numbers. I am sure it made people take notice.

Dave

Ya it made people take notice..like me.....lol I was there and heard this rocket going down the track..someone said it's a GT..ran over to see him mid course..car looked awsum and really quick. Turned an 11.35 @ 130mph.. I saw him make that whole run from the middle on.. car was just awsum..great job John.......

Gino

P.S. next time you'll have a red one to contend with..lol

Last edited:

Roger Vincent

GT Owner
May 31, 2006
Bowling Green, KY
John you sure you haven't been on the drag strip before!!! Great time, and I think you should be in the 10's with 708 RWHP! Be careful out there! I was at the strip last night here in Bowling Green, and wanted to put the FGT on the track, but couldn't see it as I have zero insurance at that point. So, resisting the temptation, I just went home with the car intact.

John B

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2006
Gino,

It was really a pleasure meeting you there Tuesday. That was a fun event!
I'll definately go again.

John

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
With sticky tires and a few launches, you might want to think about a "Spec" clutch urgrade. Keep up the fun work:thumbsup

Greg

May 21, 2007
My first post and am not looking to stir anything, BUT if I remember correctly it dosnt matter if you are asleep for 30 secs, the clock starts when you go, not on the green so the 11 sec time is accurate. You dont say well I sat there for 3/4 of a sec before I left so my car must be that much faster.

04mach1

Jan 2, 2007
Small town ohio
My first post and am not looking to stir anything, BUT if I remember correctly it dosnt matter if you are asleep for 30 secs, the clock starts when you go, not on the green so the 11 sec time is accurate. You dont say well I sat there for 3/4 of a sec before I left so my car must be that much faster.

This is true. Thats why when you usally see some one testing there new setup they dont try to launch with the light they launch when they are ready.

Greg

May 21, 2007
Thanks, I really love the GT and keep thinking about getting one but I have 3 other cars I would have to sell to get it and Im not sure I could bring myself to dump them in order to do it. In a month or so my wife got me for my 50th birthday a driving experience where I will get to drive not only the GT, but the 430, gallardo, AM V8, SLR, and the Porsche GT3. I will prob. come home like a raving lunatic wanting a GT. :)

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I will prob. come home like a raving lunatic wanting a GT. :)

YUP! :lol

John B

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2006

nah, they were running cars side by side. Clock started on the green light.

GFORCE

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2006
Talked to bob other day

You must be the guy he was talking about,every said thats a great time.