First Oil Change

kageno

GT Owner
Jun 21, 2006
Kenmore WA
Took my car to Ford of Bellvue in Bellvue Washington for my first oil change (2996 miles) yesterday.

Other dealerships in the area had quoted me as high as $480 for the oil, filter and 14 point service, but the guys at Bellvue Ford told me they had a "special program" for GT owners that included a courtesy shuttle to and from the dealership and a free carwash so I decided to give them a shot.

Imagine my surprise when I picked up the car this afternoon and was presented with a bill for just $164.82!!! These guys rock!!

I would highly recommend their services to any GT owners in the Puget Sound (Seattle) area.

Joel

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Same price in NC at Don Jenkins in Fuqay Varina (20 min from Raleigh)..... Good to see we didn't get ripped off with a $480 "special" :slap

kageno

GT Owner
Jun 21, 2006
Kenmore WA
Tires Directional?

eCan anyone tell me if the stock tires on the 2005 GT are directional or not?

Service guys at the dealership say that they are not directional and that I could simply swap the front left with the front right without taking the tires off the rims......

Guys at the track say that the tires are directional and that they would have to be remounted in order to make the left/right swap....

I can't find any indication on the tires that would indicate that they are directional

I wore the passenger side tires pretty severly at the track last week and figure that I might be able to get one more track day out of this set if could swap them lef to right....

JAM-GT

GT Owner
Sep 29, 2005
Service at Ford of Bellevue

I just took my 2005 in for its first oil change (2k miles) at Ford of Bellevue based on Kageno's recommendation. Kageno must know the secret handshake or something, because my bill was for $418.82 (not $164.82)with no car wash. They did give me a free rental car, but the bill for that was around $40. I asked about the "special progam" and they just looked at me like I was a nut job.

That being said, the technician, Jason, seemed very knowledgeable and clearly loves working on the car. He actually wipes down the bay that he uses when he has a GT coming in. All the staff seem to treat the GT with a little extra TLC. As a side note, my power steering pump was leaking and was replaced under warranty. Jason said that he has replaced about three of four of the seven GT's that he currently works on. I guess it's something that needs to be inspected on everyone's cars.

All in all, I had a positive experience with the Ford of Bellevue service department. It just wasn't the bargain I was hoping for.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Kageno - it's been discussed here that the tyres on the GT are not directional and therefore can be swapped.

Personally speaking I wouldn't swap them - if they're near the end of their life, buy a new set. There is also a technical view that tyres can 'become' directional over time.

If you're tracking the GT, you'll know that you're taking it to the edge of of performance - when you're on the edge you need the very best equipment. Tired tyres are not the best. Just a personal view - we don't want to read about an accident here.

Interesting on the power steering pump Jam, is it visible without having to resort to spanners?!

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
JAM-GT said:
my bill was for $418.82 (not $164.82)with no car wash. They did give me a free rental car, but the bill for that was around $40. I asked about the "special progam" and they just looked at me like I was a nut job.

Now that will be interesting for us to hear the unwinding of this discrepancy, and reasoning behind it... !

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Kageno

To pick up on Neil's comments, if you think the tires are worn do not use them again. Remember safety comes first and its not only you but others on the track at the same time.

Always use the best equipment at all times and make sure the tires are absolutely okay.

Dave

Roger Vincent

GT Owner
May 31, 2006
Bowling Green, KY
Neilda said:
Interesting on the power steering pump Jam, is it visible without having to resort to spanners?!

You have to remove the panels to see it unless it's leaking enough that it flows onto the top side of the panel on the passenger side. I just looked at mine and I can see a small line of oil where it has been leaking. This looks like a power steering pump supplier issue to me. From the Workshop Manual, these are the basic steps in the repair:

To replace:
1. Remove the engine cover trim panel.
2. Remove the supercharger drive belt.
3. Remove rear and front underbody panels.
4. Remove the power steering pump.
5. To install, reverse the removal procedure.
6. Fill and leak check the power steering system.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Mine's about to go in to Roush for a service - maybe I'll get them to take a look at the pump..... too techie for me to handle.

Has anyone had the pump replaced yet and has it cured the leak?

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
PS Pump replaced

Neil, yes I have had the PS pump replaced... See thread
http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=43077#post43077