First GT, owner Ex Ford Director?

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
Anyone know the chaps name who owns the first GT? Ex Ford Director I believe? Met him yesterday in the Bahamas. Very nice man and obviously has a passion for cars.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
First production GT offered for sale to the public was bought by Jon Shirley, who was a Microsoft exec. Leno's was second. If it was an ex-Ford guy it could have been Nick Scheele or Jim Padilla.

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
First production GT offered for sale to the public was bought by Jon Shirley, who was a Microsoft exec. Leno's was second. If it was an ex-Ford guy it could have been Nick Scheele or Jim Padilla.
Thanks. Was told after lunch today it was Michael Dingman. Said I've got to win the Bahamas Speed Week Hillclimb and Sprint for Ford. No pressure then....

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Michael Dingman, as in Henley Group, as in Wheelabrator, as in Frye Copysystems, etc.? The Forbes 400 member? He was a director at Ford at one time. Big $$$. You travel in good circles.

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
Michael Dingman, as in Henley Group, as in Wheelabrator, as in Frye Copysystems, etc.? The Forbes 400 member? He was a director at Ford at one time. Big $$$. You travel in good circles.
Yup, that's him. I think I did ok on the hill today, but there are some other serious race cars around and very good drivers. Rob Walton, Bill Pope. Peter Vlasov and many other great guys, all with Sir Stirling Moss. Shows all cars nuts get on, regardless of the level.

cobra498

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2010
Central Ca;ifornia
Yup, that's him. I think I did ok on the hill today, but there are some other serious race cars around and very good drivers. Rob Walton, Bill Pope. Peter Vlasov and many other great guys, all with Sir Stirling Moss. Shows all cars nuts get on, regardless of the level.

Michael is a very good driver, I worked with him at Road Atlanta when I was with Ford Engineering and we were analyzing data from his Trans am car. He put down some very competitive laps during the test session and was great to work with.

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
Well hopefully I've made him proud ;)

More on the whole thing and results when I get back to the UK!