First Annual Tim Cantwell Mid-Winter Track Day 2/12/10

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
We have 10 confirmed and 4 "Maybes"

Thanks for your quick responses. The interest is very high!

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
We're now up to around a dozen members. I will have the hotel arrangements done sometime next week I hope. Mark McGowan from Ford is coming is his top-secret development car and I may recruit him to give rides! Don't miss out!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Ah, that definitely looks like a lot of fun. It's my actual birthday on that date, so I think I will probably have to pass (Hum the Alanis Morisette Song, Ironic, now, for dramatic effect...). Recall, I did celebrate my wedding anniversary with my wife at the Peterson Auto Museum with Carroll Shelby during Rally II...

So, it's not completely out of the question...

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Tim's cool event

Well planned event Tim! When you mention that you may do something - you really mean it! Wow.

I will be in Chicago the week afterwards so I am not saying no at this time. I'm trying to work it out so I can do both. I'll let you know soon.

Ed

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Tim, can you put up a list. Indy and I would like to get a trailer together to get out there for this.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Special Ed in Chicago? Let me know, I'll drive in and we can go to dinner or party or whatever. DriveBy may be interested as well.

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Tim, can you put up a list. Indy and I would like to get a trailer together to get out there for this.

Will do. I'll post it after the Holiday.

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
RSVP's So Far 11/25/09

Here's who is coming to the First Annual "Stigs Day Out" track event from the Ford GT Forum so far... (As of 11/26/09) There are about 10 more non-GT member friends who are coming so far as well. I haven't included the guest list, just the main participants. Note that Mark McGowan is bringing a top-secret development Mustang and I hope will give some rides in the GT's for some of you. Also, GT Tech (Rich) is bringing tools and will be on hand to be our personal crew chief. (Thanks guys!)

TimCantwell
Garrett Cantwell
PL510*Jeff
TeamJeff
ChipBeck
AZSTAD
HeritageBruce
GTX1-007
MDT
MarkMcGowan
GT Tech
Apollo

switchcars

May 23, 2006
Ah, that definitely looks like a lot of fun. It's my actual birthday on that date, so I think I will probably have to pass (Hum the Alanis Morisette Song, Ironic, now, for dramatic effect...). Recall, I did celebrate my wedding anniversary with my wife at the Peterson Auto Museum with Carroll Shelby during Rally II...

So, it's not completely out of the question...

It's YOUR birthday? In that case, your wife should bring you as a present!! I could understand not coming if it was HER birthday.... :)

JBG

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 25, 2006
Scottsdale
Tim
Do you have room for one more?
John

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
GT Event in Las Vegas 2010

Thanks Tim for doing everything for us to make this event a reality. I appreciate it but must; sadly, report that I won't be able to make it. A trip to Chicago then the Mojave Mile in March will make your Vegas event not possible for me. Thanks again!!!

Ed

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Thanks Tim for doing everything for us to make this event a reality. I appreciate it but must; sadly, report that I won't be able to make it. A trip to Chicago then the Mojave Mile in March will make your Vegas event not possible for me. Thanks again!!!

Ed

Shoot, you would have been the star of the event. We'll miss you.

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
Like your thread title states I hope this becomes an annual event...

Looks like a lot of fun and a great value..

Disappointed I can't make it this year...

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Like your thread title states I hope this becomes an annual event...

Looks like a lot of fun and a great value..

Disappointed I can't make it this year...

Maybe Next Year!

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
A few more have signed up, and a few others are trying to line up transportation. With all my RSVP's from Ford GT Forum and other friends, we're up to about 30 drivers and many guests right now. I'm still waiting to hear from Mandalay Bay, and will post up the hotel info once I have it soon. Thanks to all for your response.

GordonWolf

Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 26, 2006
Las Vegas
Hi Tim,
My wife and I would like to attend.
This is a great idea! :thumbsup
Let me know if I can help out in anyway?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Gordon, you can help most by paying my way out there for me and my car!

sdana

GT Owner
Aug 8, 2006
Las Vegas NV
Me too...I hope

I'm a local member of Spring Mountain...I might be traveling in February, but if I'm in town, I'd like to run my GT with you. Is it okay to let you know next month?

GordonWolf

Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 26, 2006
Las Vegas
Gordon, you can help most by paying my way out there for me and my car!

Frank, I'll pay your way out if you leave your FGT at home and track my 2 year old son's 1957 Isetta 300.:cheers

GordonWolf

Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 26, 2006
Las Vegas
I'm a local member of Spring Mountain...I might be traveling in February, but if I'm in town, I'd like to run my GT with you. Is it okay to let you know next month?

Steve, Glad you're still around. PM me.:thumbsup