First 4 Forum Members Finalize Specs and Sign Contracts for a New Ford GT.

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
Great news for the Fab 4 ! Will hopefully get to see Tomy's when I visit grandkids in Houston.

So excited it's started !

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
I will join in and say you guys got the best xmas gift ever! Great story Chip and I will add my name to the self invite list to see your car after delivery.

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Congrats to each of you. After watching the live video yesterday, it was great to realize the production line is running and cars will be rolling soon.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Congrats guys. I won't be far behind!

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Luke Warmwater has to be #5, correct?

Only guy to get kicked off FChat for bashing Ford GT's!

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Congrats to all of you so very excited for you all. I too will be ordering soon so Brian I will be down for the winter on the 28th look for my call

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Congrats to all of you so very excited for you all. I too will be ordering soon so Brian I will be down for the winter on the 28th look for my call

Cool.. Look forward to it..!! And guys thank you all !! A fun and exciting time in the GT world !!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Thats awesome guys.
How long is the build time from here??

Congratz

10 weeks

Ed

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I am really happy for you guys. Hopefully I can come visit one of you when you get your car, to check it out and see how I fit...

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I am really happy for you guys. Hopefully I can come visit one of you when you get your car, to check it out and see how I fit...

I'll have Stormcat drive over to your place!

Ed

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
That is cool. Excellent start.

CH53Driver

Shelby GT500 owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 20, 2008
Arkansas.
Chip,

You really are an excellent "story" writer and I agree with others, I think you missed your calling in life. I'm sorry that you were never given the opportunity to fulfill your dream of flying for the Marines, the Marines certainly missed on the mark by letting you go. Based off what I have seen over the years on the forums, I'm certain you would have had stars on your shoulders had you been allowed to stay. I know that with this program, Ford was never going to make everyone happy just based off the law of demand and supply. It's a shame as I have seen many individuals on this board who seemed like a natural pick for the new NFGT. I just hope these individuals get their chance someday. In the meantime, I'm glad you are one of the first four to take delivery of this vehicle. You certainly deserve it and you are a torch bearer for the fading memory of the American dream; demonstrating that hard work and perseverance can pay off.

Semper Fidelis,
Matt

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I'll have Stormcat drive over to your place!

Ed
Thanks Ed, If I ever get my car back from all the magazine testing maybe we can work something out .. :biggrin

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Thanks Ed, If I ever get my car back from all the magazine testing maybe we can work something out .. :biggrin

Got to do a stealth drive up to NE Florida, or I'll come down and bring lots of beer!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
No, bring him sparkling water and skinless chicken.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
No, bring him sparkling water and skinless chicken.

No, bring wine & veggies! He's a vegetarian!

Ed

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Received the call from Ford today [emoji2]my order goes in next Monday [emoji106]why am I so nervous and undecided still ?? LOL

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
I'm anxious to see what options the lucky members are choosing.

DBK, how about a thread with configurator builds for the members' cars? That way we can enjoy the anticipation with you!

Demolition Man

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 29, 2006
danville, CA
Congrats guys. It's been a while and I remember Dave, Chip, Tim Cantrell, Bony (RIP) and others during Rallies 1 & 2. Great to see the passion and excitement from so many of you. I'm enjoying reading everyones posts about the next great American supercar. Keep them coming as we all enjoy the ride and I hope to see you all at the next Ford GT get together.

Rick Jeffery

2005 Red with white stripes
2006 Heritage

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
So happy for you. Merry Christmas