Final WEC race this weekend !!

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
It was an outstanding season in both series and a first year team effort makes it even more special.:cheers

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Great job FORD!!! Very proud of the blue oval

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
And yes, I concur, the FIA WEC broadcast does a poor job covering GTE. I can get behind LMP1 dominating coverage but I really don't care about LMP2. Tonight was light on GTE anyways because Ford GT dominated so hard start to finish.

I hear you. I understand the premier class is getting the bulk of the coverage. It's amazing how quick they are accelerating from the other cars in the race. I do think the IMSA broadcasts do a better job of showing the other classes and keeping you updated on the positioning during the race..

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I hear you. I understand the premier class is getting the bulk of the coverage. It's amazing how quick they are accelerating from the other cars in the race. I do think the IMSA broadcasts do a better job of showing the other classes and keeping you updated on the positioning during the race..

That's why I only use the app anyways. I stick it on the race broadcast and then only watch the live timing of GTE-Pro. Usually I have it running on at least 2 if not 3 devices depending on whether or not they have the in-car running from the GT. I make my own coverage! In a world full of really crappy apps, I think the FIA WEC one is actually really good overall. The track map with current position is pretty finicky though.

Probably going to be a big BoP adjustment going into Bahrain, which sucks because Fuji and Shanghai are just well-suited to the GT. GT really dominated these last two races, and Priaulx uncorked a pretty serious lap nobody else was close to. That said, the brick from Aston Martin still had the highest peak speed. Power delta has to be massive. Ferrari doing serious whining (talking about running in Blancpain instead), despite the fact it wasn't a BoP adjustment (according to the WEC), but a change to the reference atmospheric pressure that should affect both the turbo cars.

Race data available as always at http://fiawec.alkamelsystems.com

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Outstanding race for Ford. Looking forward to seeing these babies run again in person next year.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Congrats Ford and the GT team!!! Exciting time to be a Ford Fan!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
That's why I only use the app anyways. I stick it on the race broadcast and then only watch the live timing of GTE-Pro. Usually I have it running on at least 2 if not 3 devices depending on whether or not they have the in-car running from the GT. I make my own coverage! In a world full of really crappy apps, I think the FIA WEC one is actually really good overall. The track map with current position is pretty finicky though.

Probably going to be a big BoP adjustment going into Bahrain, which sucks because Fuji and Shanghai are just well-suited to the GT. GT really dominated these last two races, and Priaulx uncorked a pretty serious lap nobody else was close to. That said, the brick from Aston Martin still had the highest peak speed. Power delta has to be massive. Ferrari doing serious whining (talking about running in Blancpain instead), despite the fact it wasn't a BoP adjustment (according to the WEC), but a change to the reference atmospheric pressure that should affect both the turbo cars.

Race data available as always at http://fiawec.alkamelsystems.com
Great race results for sure. I figured after 2 wins they would try to slow them down.. I'll have to try your multi-device tracking method !!

john gourley

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 27, 2006
Dave thanks for the race updates all season. It has been quite a year.