Fikse wheels Size 18” front and 19” Rear. Fitted with Hoosier Tires

closeshave

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 13, 2007
London/ Peoria Illinois
Hi I'm selling a very nice set of Fikse wheels from my Ford GT Size 18” front and 19” Rear. Fitted with Hoosier Slick Race Tires sizes 245/40 ZR18 R6 Front and 315/40 ZR19 A6 Rear. In very good condition. Only used a few times.
Total Cost when new $7125.66
The lightweight Fikse wheels are flat black middle 3 pc with a satin aluminum rim finish and are in great condition. They were sized to match the spec of the lightweight GT option wheels.
Please feel free to email dave@globe-energy.com or even call me with any questions. I am in Peoria, Illinois. Pick up is Ok or delivery can be arranged at buyers cost. Cell 309-264-3430. Thanks Dave
Looking for $3500.00

closeshave

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 13, 2007
London/ Peoria Illinois

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
Dave I may be interested. Would you consider shipping them to the UK? Obvioulsy I would cover the cost.

Also how many heat cycles on the Hoosiers? To keep the weight down (for shipping costs) it may be better to take the tyres off....

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Matteo, those hoosiers are LIGHT like air. The only issue you'll have is the size, although if it's shipped on a pallet it won't make much difference. Even if you're throwing away the hoosiers, they'll make good rim protectors in transit.....

closeshave

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 13, 2007
London/ Peoria Illinois
Hi Matteo, yes I will ship to the UK at cost, that’s not an issue for me. The pair of front tires I have only used once, for one trackday, the rears have been used on 3 trackday’s total. I would say on average that I do about 3 sessions per trackday and at most I do around 5-10 laps per session. I can also confirm for trackday use these tires are amazing. I think its nice to have these if you do any kind of track use as if nothing else you don't wear out your road tires. Superfly’s idea of a pallet to protect the wheels is a good one; I could arrange them being put on one if you wish. But I guess the extra weight could increase the shipping cost?

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
Dave

i will send u an email tomorrow morning. You can always ship them to Charlotte NC and I will arrange for the overseas shipment.

Thank you

Matteo

Last edited:

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
Dave

I have arranged for the people in NC (address isMatteo Amoroso c/o Zuffenhaus 340 A Seaboard Drive Matthews, NC 28104) to send the wheels overseas. They have a car-parts business and are making a bulk shipment soon.

my email address is matteo.amoroso@assiduous.net

if you send me your details we can arrange payments etc.

Thanks again

Matteo

closeshave

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 13, 2007
London/ Peoria Illinois
Wheels are now SOLD

Thanks Matteo

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
Dave thank you.

I am really excited.... The GT now should be faster than a 997 GT3 Cup car at a track like Silverstone. Which means a lot of Ferrari guys will be really upset :box:

dealmaker

GT Owner
Sep 30, 2006
England
Matteo,

Cant wait to hear when you've collected some more dancing donkey scalps (and perhpas some from our Porker RS brethren!)

I wonder if the grooves mean they are accepted by plod? :biggrin

God I hate Ferraris! :thumbsdow

Lambo - Ford - Porsche :thumbsup

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
ha ha.... Tomkat and his Scud have already been dealt with (he was on slicks):banana

The only road car that was keeping up was the new 997GT2 on Pilot Sport Cups....

There is a drawback.... I need to go back to the stock exhaust as the X pipe is way too loud and the Borla has fallen apart:eek

dealmaker

GT Owner
Sep 30, 2006
England
excellent! :biggrin

997Gt2's are indeed quick - wish I'd kept mine but luckily got out of it before they took a big hit and gt2.2 is on the way soon - would be quite a track weapon if they could take a little more weight out and gave it PDK!

On the exhaust front - can Dave J at Roush (or Revolve as they are now) not hook you up with something that will do the job??

Darren

DRIVEBY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 17, 2006
Las Vegas
There is a drawback.... I need to go back to the stock exhaust as the X pipe is way too loud and the Borla has fallen apart:eek

My Borla's interior baffles came apart, but Borla replaced it free of charge with a noticably more structurally enforced unit. Give them a call ....

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
My Borla's interior baffles came apart, but Borla replaced it free of charge with a noticably more structurally enforced unit. Give them a call ....

Tried... warranty is not available for products that left the country... A bit pissed about that but there is nothing I can do.

We are going to take the muffler apart and see what we can do....