FGT v CGT V Enzo article

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Hi

just came across this. I apparently missed it when it was in print. If this is a re-post, sorry. If anyone, like me, hadn't seen this, enjoy, interesting reading.

http://www.stangbangers.com/05_FordGTvsFerrariEnzoVsPorscheCarreraGT_Article.htm

GTED

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Hadn't seen it before. Nice. Thanks

smallblk400

May 17, 2009
Phoenix, AZ.
Man all I can say is I truly can't wait to get mine!!!

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
With all due respect to MT magazine, I wonder if the driver had a difficult time with the FGT @ 200, or if the mag was afraid of embarrassing the 2X priced Porsche. The article aludes to the fact that the pre production test cars that MT had driven before were kept below 175MPH per Ford's request, but I sense they couldn't get the best out of the GT in top speed (and for that matter the CGT either), although the 1/4 mile was outrageous.

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
In the article, MT did mention that the track was not big/long enough to sufficiently test the top speed of the cars.

dealmaker

GT Owner
Sep 30, 2006
England
Owning two of the three - and having driven them all - my LEAST favourite is the Enzo - there's something missing from that car - I can't put my finger on it - maybe it's the 'box ?

FGT and CGT are soooo complimentary - they arrive at the same point but in a very different way!

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
I love the CGT. My buddy had one and I drove it fairly often. It was so awesome! I wish the prices would come down :( 300g plus is just too much for me to justify.