FGT Rally V - Registration!

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
I was chatting with another Forum member today and feel that this number would grow rapidly if we can get more of the west coast clan to come; Ed and I are working on this.

Takes care

Shadowman

I believe I speak for many of us Westerners when I say promises of alcoholic drink may sway our decisions....

Aug 25, 2006
I believe I speak for many of us Westerners when I say promises of alcoholic drink may sway our decisions....

And then so it shall be .......

A watering hole of the grandest scale aka the proverbial "oasis"

See you soon

Shadowman

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I'll buy a round for any new west coaster sign ups !!

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
I'm in. Registration done.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Ok - just did it.
And thanks Ron, I'm from the west coast of Cuba!!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Excellent Manny!

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Andy,
I have been looking for a riding partner. My HD has been sitting most of the summer (since Bike week).
Maybe I can fit my bike and the GT in my trailer hmmm.
First rally for me :) DBK told me this year they would let us poor boy's attend as long as we don't ask the others for autographs every 5 minutes.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Tom - looking forward to it! We typically treat the first-timers "extra special" ..You will have a great time.? Are you coming alone? have you plotted your route down from Detroit yet?

andy (AJB)

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
That's right Raceman. Your turn at the bar bill is coming.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
VIR track rules???? I've reviewed the 2010 VIR Rules/Regs and have searched the forum but don't see any requirements concerning on-track safety equipment. I have an SA2005 open faced helmet, but no racing suit, gloves, or shoes. Are they req'd? Harness, extinguisher, tech inspection?

I'd hate to get there only to be invited to leave the track for lack of gear. Thanks.

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Usual - approved helmet (not motorcycle), long sleeve shirt, long pants, shoes that tie. No actual requirement for suit, racing harness, extiguisher, etc. Usually no tech inspection- it's assumed your car is in top shape regarding brakes, fluids, tires, etc.

Mark06GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Just signed my son and I up. Very nice sign-up web site DBK. It's nice to have all that info in one spot.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Usual - approved helmet (not motorcycle), long sleeve shirt, long pants, shoes that tie. No actual requirement for suit, racing harness, extiguisher, etc. Usually no tech inspection- it's assumed your car is in top shape regarding brakes, fluids, tires, etc.

Motorcycle helmet crash protection is same as auto. The difference is the fire resistant liner but if you're not requiring fire suits who cares if you use a motorcycle helmet?

Ed

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Special Ed, all the events I've been at have checked helmets for the 2005 certification. No motorcycle helmets were allowed. I would hate for a newbie here to buy something and not be able to use it at other events. BTW, my next acquisition is a HANS, so you and DriveBy can give me some counsel.

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
I will have my Harley in the trailer with the GT. Will be around the area a couple of days early to ride the roads on both the bike and in the GT. Always more fun with others.

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
Motorcycle helmet crash protection is same as auto. The difference is the fire resistant liner but if you're not requiring fire suits who cares if you use a motorcycle helmet?

Ed

Special Ed, all the events I've been at have checked helmets for the 2005 certification. No motorcycle helmets were allowed. I would hate for a newbie here to buy something and not be able to use it at other events. BTW, my next acquisition is a HANS, so you and DriveBy can give me some counsel.

Seems we went through this last year and it was determined (at least for those tracks) that a motorcycle helmet was allowed, as long as it had the right Snell certification, which I believe at the time was 2005. So, I guess the question is, "what does/will VIR require?"

Ed, I do believe the other difference is the MC helmet may be a single impact, as the SC is designed for multiple impacts?

Jeff

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'll get you the definitive answer Monday.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
I noticed on the VIR web site that the kart track rules mentioned a closed face helmet, please check that also. Thanks.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dave, Check mailed today for Sue and I--- Looking forward to seeing all at Rally V. Tomy Hamon

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I'm in woohoo !