FGT Rally V - Registration!

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
I'm flying in from Jakarta for Rally V so hope to get to meet many of the Forum members in person that I read about on a daily basis. Any award for furthest distance traveled to attend(although I won't be driving my car that far)?

Magic

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Magic, as stated previously, you should pick up the first bar bill. That's your award and our reward.

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
Magic, as stated previously, you should pick up the first bar bill. That's your award and our reward.

I wonder how many of the "airline size" alcohol bottles my wife and I can walk off the plane with to help defray the costs? I was hoping people had forgotten the earlier comments about buying the drinks! I can see I'm going to need to rethink my trip budget for the Rally.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Valid credit cards work fine. I use ShadowMan's all the time.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'm flying in from Jakarta for Rally V so hope to get to meet many of the Forum members in person that I read about on a daily basis. Any award for furthest distance traveled to attend(although I won't be driving my car that far)?

Magic

That is awesome. I will make you some type of award. We've had people come from New Zealand, Spain, Denmark and Australia. Jakarta is definitely the most exotic. Unless of course you count Jonesboro Arkansas.

Two more added to the list today. Up to 35 Ford GT's.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
KDO GT and I are signed up #60 and #61:cheers

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Stuie just called he's in too, plus looks like gt jimmy is coming with me , cast and all.....I think we will be at 50 reallll soon.:thumbsup enjoy gtjoey1314

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
I'm in, Dave. At least I think I am in - I didn't get an acknowledgment at the end of the registration process. I will check the list later.

Congratulations on your upcoming family expansion! That's great news!

Thanks again for putting together these fantastic events for us.

Aloha,

HiloDave

Jul 19, 2010
Signed up and paid for!
Oh, and my First post.

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
I'm in, Dave. At least I think I am in - I didn't get an acknowledgment at the end of the registration process. I will check the list later.

Hilo Dave - if you were brought back to the "Red Rally Site" and then hit the "Make Payment", then you're confirmed and payment has been received.

My apologies all. It's been a bit of a hassle working with the PayPal API. We're continuing to try to improve the process.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
There we go. As of today, up to 40 Ford GT's. 69 Days to go!

Aug 25, 2006
Valid credit cards work fine. I use ShadowMan's all the time.

How did I miss this one fjpikul

Once again I am back to reviewing the statements so that I can keep track of what percentage of your red gal that I am party to; considering that they are appreciating I suspect very little.

All the best

Shadowman

Aug 25, 2006
There we go. As of today, up to 40 Ford GT's. 69 Days to go!

I was chatting with another Forum member today and feel that this number would grow rapidly if we can get more of the west coast clan to come; Ed and I are working on this.

Takes care

Shadowman

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
How did I miss this one fjpikul

Once again I am back to reviewing the statements so that I can keep track of what percentage of your red gal that I am party to; considering that they are appreciating I suspect very little.

All the best

Shadowman

Shadowman....You must not have seen my post with Lloyd Ruby choosing my red car to drive over other colors. I think that speaks for itself. :thumbsup

Aug 25, 2006
Shadowman....You must not have seen my post with Lloyd Ruby choosing my red car to drive over other colors. I think that speaks for itself. :thumbsup

Indeed it did/does

Takes care

Shadowman

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
I was chatting with another Forum member today and feel that this number would grow rapidly if we can get more of the west coast clan to come; Ed and I are working on this.

Yes! West Coasters and Central Staters join up with the caravan starting in Ontario, CA and going all the way to VIR by way of Dr. Frank's. It will be a blast!

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
WOW -- I am signed up with Margaret... We just did the Blue Ridge Parkway on our HarleyDavidson Ultra Classic and spent time in the area. Covered 2400 miles on the Harley... Quite Beautiful. We have done this trip 5 times now.
I know everyone thinks California and the West are classic, but the roads in the area we are heading to for RallyV are crisp, clean, cool, mile after mile of big sweepers and tight radii. Grass planted right up to the asphalt and no gravel washing over the pavement ! (things you notice on a motorcycle.!)
got home today at 1:00 am...
Better get signed up ...don't want to miss this one.!
AJB (andy)

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I talked to Jamal today and booked rooms for:

Jost Capito
Jamal Hameedi
and
Gene Martindale

Jost was previously the head of Team RS in Europe and is now the boss of Global Performance, based out of Dearborn. He is Jamal's direct boss and a great addition to the Rally to give insight to the future of Ford Performance.

Ford Motor Company is strengthening its commitment to performance vehicles by appointing Jost Capito to the newly-created position of Director, Global Performance Vehicles and Motorsport Business Development. Jost will take up his new position in January 2009.

In his new role, Capito will be responsible for the global development of Ford's performance vehicles business. The North American SVT and European TeamRS performance vehicle organizations will come together, both reporting to Capito, to focus on the development of global performance vehicles, and the implementation of consistent vehicle attributes and DNA in future Ford performance models.

Additionally, Capito will assume responsibility for global motorsport business strategy and aligning Ford's global motorsport plans and programs. He will lead the development of motorsport opportunities for Ford's future global car products around the world, advising and working closely with the company's regional Motorsports directors.

Jost Capito joined Ford of Europe in October 2001 as director of Special Vehicle Engineering. Between 2003 and 2007, he assumed responsibility for Ford of Europe's motorsport and performance vehicle programs, leading the company's successful World Rally Championship efforts and winning Manufacturers' Championship titles for the BP Ford Abu Dhabi World Rally team in 2006 and 2007. In November 2007, Capito was appointed Vehicle Line Director for Ford of Europe's Performance Vehicles, and since then has led the development of the eagerly-awaited new Focus RS road car which will be launched in Europe in the first quarter of 2009. He was also responsible for European Fiesta ST and Focus ST performance models.

Jost Capito is 50 years old, and currently lives with his family in the UK. In his new position, he will relocate to Ford's World Headquarters in Dearborn, Michigan.

"Performance vehicles and motorsport have been important to Ford since the company was founded more than a century ago. With Jost's immense experience in both areas, performance vehicles and motorsport, we expect that tradition to continue and be strengthened within our One Ford strategy," said Hermann Salenbauch, Director of Advanced Product Creation and Performance Vehicles, Ford Motor Company.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
I hope I have not missed anything...sent the registration fee and have made my reservations at Umstead Hotel.
BUT usually info is requested as to:
-if we are bringing our FGT ?
-color
-serial number
-if we are 'trailering' and need trailer parking
etc
was there a form to fill out with that info that I may have missed??
AJB

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Andy: go to www.fordgtnationalrally.com and fill out the form. When it asks for payment just don't enter in any CC info.