FGT Rally 10 - The Largest Ford GT Gathering of All-Time

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Thanks Chip - your words are spot on. See you at RallyX.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
We Have no strangers in this Forum! Very Well Said Chip. Happy, Happy, Happy. Can't wait to get there.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Good sentiment Chip. Wait till the pictures come out.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
We Have no strangers in this Forum! Very Well Said Chip. Happy, Happy, Happy. Can't wait to get there.
We have no strangers ?
We are all strange!
Tomy look in the mirror!!
xoxo

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
Dress code comments - from Lady Moose
Having been to 9 of the 10 Rallies (yes, I count last year even though I ditched y'all the first night - we have photographic evidence that we were there, and I still have the souvenir), the dress code really is to wear whatever makes you comfortable. Certainly the day events are more casual, but even the 'formal' dinners are not formal. You will find people who have dressed up (i.e. coat and collared shirt - not sure I've ever seen a tie, though). And some of the women will be dressed very nicely, yet you'll also find people in shorts and t-shirts as well. It really is a mix and the key is to wear what you're comfortable in (comfort is a biggie 'cause there may be a lot of standing around listening to everyone's - uh - stories! You may be inside or outside, it may cold or it may be hot - it really is a no-fuss affair. As everyone has said, it's about connecting and reconnecting and comparing and picture taking, and ribbing Ralphie. Relax, trust that it will be a good time for all and that's exactly what it will be.

Lady Moose

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
Funny how cool things in life like this rally make your gears turn and keep you looking forward to something. I am minutes away from going roughly 50 feet under water to look at some structural issues with a bridge in the darkest of waters and the only thing on my mind is the rally. This will be my first rally and can't wait to meet all the great people that will be attending!

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Funny how cool things in life like this rally make your gears turn and keep you looking forward to something. I am minutes away from going roughly 50 feet under water to look at some structural issues with a bridge in the darkest of waters and the only thing on my mind is the rally. This will be my first rally and can't wait to meet all the great people that will be attending!

+1 (well, except that part about going underwater)

And to all who have posted the useful information regarding attire, etc for us Rally Newbies - THANK YOU!

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Another classic post by Chip!

He is on the mark with his comments. I too thought who is this young DBK pulling off a gathering of new FGT owners. He is sooo young to have the skills to get this rally/Forum off the ground and keep it running. And none of us first timers had ANY idea of what to expect or who the owners would turn out to be. (Incidentally, Ford had the same thoughts when they marketed the Ford GT).

Ten rallys later, it is still an incredible experience. First timers, you are in for an exceptional experience with even more exceptional owners.... Enjoy!:thumbsup

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I hear Dr Frank will have the mankini for Roketman to wear!

Ed

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Ed, PLEASE say it ain't so......:facepalm:

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
Niiiice.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 165

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
looks good!

Ed

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
Dave do we have a section in the indoor parking garage in front of the Henry.