FGT Price Update

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
There is a blue with white stripes, 2.8 miles, 4 options FGT currently running on ebay with a dozen bids. High bid is $169,100 and the reserve has still not been met. New, never titled 2006 cars with delivery mileage still seem to be leading the price parade. usmcfred

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Hmmmm, interesting that a new car with no miles is worth more than a used one. I think we may be on to something, anyone have a degree in economics that can help us with this curiousity? :biggrin

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
Duh ... what's interesting is dealers are again setting and getting prices OVER MSRP, which hasn't been the case for over a year. In fact, a number of new cars have apparently been sold at a small discount to MSRP over the last 6 to 9 months before this development.

The car noted is at $169,100 and still not above the reserve, when sticker is $166,945. This bodes well for well maintained cars with some miles on them too. usmcfred

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
That's pretty crazy, but not unexpected. The fact is, people who want one know the supply is not thick, used or new. Those wanting a "new" car are gonna have to pony up.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
There is an optioned Tungsten on there now, new, for a buy it now of MSRP. Seems like a good deal.

getbit

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 15, 2006
Austin, Texas
Blue cars are worth the most...

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Blue cars are worth the most...

Only if they are Heritage Blue. :lol :banana :lol

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Say what you want about the money... everybody knows that black cars handle better. And yes yes, red cars are faster but who goes 213mph? I'll take you in the turns. :thumbsup

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
There's not much talk about black cars for sale, since the rare Seller knows that no one would be able to afford them...

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
There's not much talk about black cars for sale, since the rare Seller knows that no one would be able to afford them...

That's good to hear, esp. if you already have a black car. :biggrin :thumbsup

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Wonder what a white one, without stripes, whipple, short shifter, mac delete, lowered, trans cooler, trans breather, bumper delete, bra on nose and mirrors and stainless headers with #1153 would bring? Just wondering, it is not for sale.:lol

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Wonder what a white one, without stripes, whipple, short shifter, mac delete, lowered, trans cooler, trans breather, bumper delete, bra on nose and mirrors and stainless headers with #1153 would bring? Just wondering, it is not for sale.:lol

Bony,

I'm glad you have only done the absolute minimum in mods to your machine. :biggrin :frown :biggrin

That way it leaves you a lot more room to go. :biggrin

How bout a pic of that bumper delete? :thumbsup

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Bony,
. :biggrin

How bout a pic of that bumper delete? :thumbsup

My car is in my warehouse, it will be some days before I see her again.
Perhaps Shadowman can post the picture, looks great with the new exhaust system, now you can see the classic lines of her butt.

H

HHGT

I know of the same vehicle that was shipped to Dubai. It was recently sold for $260,000. The individual that purchased it had to have white w/ no stripes as it complimented his collection.

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
did i miss something ???????
i thought "RED" was the only color made.
according to what i read--"RED" is the color of the true sports car !!!!!!!

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE

sam
#1451------"RED"/white

Cotty

GT Owner
Apr 1, 2007
Minneapolis
Midnight Blue at North Country Ford, Vista CA

I emailed North Country Ford in Vista CA about the Midnight Blue car with 222 miles. Here is their reply:

Thank you for your inquiry on the Ford GT. This GT does have the Mcntosh Radio/CD. I will be relisting this on Ebay shortly. We are asking $186945 + fees. Please feel free to contact me anytime at (760)945-9900 ext. 11157 if you have any questions.

Thank You,
Fred Aban
Fleet/Internet Sales Manager
North County Ford

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
I paid just under MSRP in Jan (new, yellow, with all options)... I wasn't sure if that was good or not, since I hadn't researched it properly, I just wanted the car and struck a deal after finding the right dealer. It took about 10 phone calls.

I can say that I was suprised at how arrogant some of the dealers were that I called. Most dealers treated me like a second class citizen, especially the ones that didn't actually have one. I guess they figured, they could dealer trade into one.. Yikes

I'll have her for a long time and I don't care if they go up in value. :biggrin I'm just glad to know that I didn't get the shaft the day I bought it. :thumbsup

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
I believe Tungsten is right up there! If you can find one? Funny how one's opinion is slightly biased as to the color one owns! :cheers

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Well..... up up and away :rofl