FGT or Aventadore

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
If you could only own one which would it be and why?

Thought this might be an interesting discussion in light of the new cutting edge Aventadore which is all the rage these days (rightfully so too).

Well, guys which one would it be and why?

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
GT as Aventador will drop in value as next 5000-10,000 are made, newer models come on.

Both if money is no object; looks blow 458 off road!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
The FGT.

Just as it's often been said of F-cars, the purchase price of a Lambo is only the down payment. The cost of depreciation and manditory service to keep the "warranty" (such as it is) in effect are enough to service the nat'l debt for each year of ownership. Add to that the fact that, (1) the FGT can be EXTERNALLY modded to produce a gadzillion h.p., (2) the FGT will never be "last year's model", and, (3) the FGT has consistantly held its value since 'day one', and there's not much wiggle room in a debate about which car 'smart money' ought to go with.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Put yourself out of this self inflicted misery .Sell the Gt get the Lamborghini .
In a year or so you can do the reverse. Than u will know

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
This would only work if they were being GIVEN one of them...

Easy, take the Lambo, drive it a couple hundred miles and sell it while it is today hot item. Once sold use the proceeds to get a couple GT's. Have had this same discussion many times with my kids (7 and 11), about the Veyron, when they ask me if I would like to have one.....

If buying, I would never buy a 300-400k car, unless somehow an investment, not a depreciating BRICK.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
This would only work if they were being GIVEN one of them...

Easy, take the Lambo, drive it a couple hundred miles and sell it while it is today hot item. Once sold use the proceeds to get a couple GT's. Have had this same discussion many times with my kids (7 and 11), about the Veyron, when they ask me if I would like to have one.....

If buying, I would never buy a 300-400k car, unless somehow an investment, not a depreciating BRICK.
I enjoyed reading your response.The last line was the best! Good laugh thanx
Ok seriously .DO what makes you feel good.If you feel tired of your Gt sell it !You will have no problem finding buyers.You can always buy another Gt .It may just be more expensive.

Last edited:

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
if i wanted a Lambo i would sell my GT and buy one. but i don't forsee that ever happening....

including the original 104 gt-40's that were made in the 60's there were only 4,038 GT's made in 2005 and 2006. how many Lambos have been made every year over the last 40+ years?

a GT is a way more exclusive car :tongue

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
forgot to mention that probably only 3,000 GT's are left that haven't been wrecked or totalled. the GT is way undervalued currently....

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Asking that question on a Ford GT forum, what answer do you really expect to get....?
It's like asking Hugh Heffner if he likes girls in clothes or Girls with no clothes? You already know the answer

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Asking that question on a Ford GT forum, what answer do you really expect to get....?
It's like asking Hugh Heffner if he likes girls in clothes or Girls with no clothes? You already know the answer
But some like to stroke their... I mean pat their own backs :)

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal

GT!

Ed

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
I have no intention of selling my FGT. Never did. That's not why I asked the question.

Also expected the majority here to say FGT if not all. Was more interested in the reasons why.

I think Pockets nailed it IMHO.

The Aventadore seems the rage right now, even more so then the 458.

Surprisingly the majority on the muscle car sub forum on 6speedonline went with the Lambo. Disagree with much of their reasoning but it's a free country.

Thanks for the responses.

Of course I would expect the opposite results on a Lambo forum

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Aventador over a FGT?

No.

But this? Maybe.. :bow

Attachments

• DSC_0089.JPG
    DSC_0089.JPG
    217.8 KB · Views: 159
  • 800px-LamborghiniMiuraConcept-001.jpg
    800px-LamborghiniMiuraConcept-001.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 158

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Those headlights give it away. Damm!

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Whoa! Is it going to see production?

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Lose the silly front and side skirts. Does anyone know how to create a proper modern interpretation of a 60s iconic sports car? The Miura comes in right behind the MkI as one of the best looking car of all time. Now don't F it up with a bunch of extemporaneous BS.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Pockets could be talked into wunna those real easy! But, wunna the 1st things I'd do with it is lose whatever those phoney looking aero attachments are fwd of the front wheels.

Edit: I guess Mike already said that...the aero business, I mean.

Last edited:

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
I'd keep the GT and add the Aventador, but the GT will never leave my stable. The Aventador will continue to be produced in the many thousands - and though it's a sexy beast of a car, in 20 years, our GT's will be more rare than any Aventador - and probably worth more. The GT holds its own performance-wise against the Aventador. So, what's left to discuss?

H

HHGT

Why does one have to choose? Your driving it not marrying it!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Why does one have to choose? Your driving it not marrying it!

:agree: If you have the dough and you like both get both. Monogamy is not the law when it comes to cars.