Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Anyone own one and have some impressions of it? Sounds like a great car and seem to hold their value better than most late model F - cars. I've driven an F430, but not one of these gals.
Thanks

Last edited:

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
SLF360 has one. He took me for a ride and scared the crap out of me. It's a very nice car. Pretty much a street legal race car. Stephan knows F-Cars well so he should be able to give you a good steer on resale, etc.

Here's a picture of his 360 CS and my FGT at the front entrance to the Ferrari factory. It was taken a couple of years ago. Stephan is standing between the two cars.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1061&cat=500&ppuser=77&sl=g

Cheers,

Rob

Last edited:

nthfinity

Apr 18, 2006
South East MI
the 360 CS is one great driving car. I highly recommend leaving the car in "Race" mode, otherwise; the transmission may feel awkward... all the while, you are saving the clutch.

The steering wheel feel is 100x better than that of the standard 360, or 430 for that matter. It's loud, but IMHO, it doesn't drone like a Gallardo's V10... but it is LOUD inside.

Steering isn't overly weighted, and throttle responce is good. Don't expect to leave it in upper gears, and have the same kind of go you do in the GT... it's really not a torque build at all. It's fantastic fun revving the hell out of it.

It's a great driving car, but definitely don't expect to beat a lot on the street... but I can't think of many cars I'd rather take on a spirited cruise through the hills of Kentucky...

The brakes are simply the best I've used. progressive, and chest flattening. A few generations newer, but I haven't really driven those to compare.

Style on it... the mirrors are a very nice touch, and the lack of tons of tan leather everywhere make it feel more cozy... more race like. Not something everybody will be in to. I love it.

I wish this car had a gated 6 speed. I "think" I'm about as quick upshifting as the CS's F1 box in race mode... but pulling the left gear paddle... the sound is really something you find yourself upshifting; giving some gas - just to hear the downshift blip. About as seamless as you'll find without feeling like a DSG or automatic. I'm nowhere near that good with my ameture heal + toe speed; and my foot doesn't get cramped.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
F 360cs

Tim Cantwell has one and really likes it. Send him a PM.

Chip

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Anyone own one and have some impressions of it? Sounds like a great car and seem to hold their value better than most late model F - cars. I've driven an F430, but not one of these gals.
Thanks

I own a 2000 360 F1 and a 2004 Challenge Stradale. There are quite a few key differences in the two. The CS is quite "hard core". They will are quite collectible and should be worth something in the future without a doubt. If you can get one, go for it, it's the real deal.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
SLF360 has one. He took me for a ride and ..

Hey Rob, I remember that, we had fun on the way to Sant Agata!

Yeah, I love that car... also. if you compare it to the F430 Scuderia, on tight course it is faster that the heavier Scuderia, and it is a street legal road car. pretty unique. i think somewhere I had posted a comparision here aswell..

Can't wait to now drive the - just returning from the GT guys- midnite blue one. With extra 'investments' in power, brakes, tires, and suspension and aerokit. On the GT guys picture section, second page the first three ones show mine. I guess that will now keep the Scuderia in check. At least (!) in a straight line ...:biggrin

cheers to all,

Stefan aka SLF360

Cyclenirvana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 7, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC