FedEx Luggage to LV

Jones

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2007
Orange County, CA
Could someone PM me on FedEx'ing luggage? Do you box it? Does the hotel accept in on your behalf?

Thanks

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Yes, I just called and they said to send it to them care of "your room booking name" and to pick it up at their business center.

Jones

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2007
Orange County, CA
Thanks for the info!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
shipping to hotel

I addressed mine:

Ed Sims, guest, check in 9-9-08
c/o Mandalay Bay
3950 Las Vegas Blvd So
Las Vegas, NV 89119

If you call a few hours before you check in they should be able to have it waiting in your room.

Bring tape & preaddressed labels for the return home package. Fed Ex is way more reliable than the airlines so I mail my stuff everywhere I go. I always insure it for a few thousand dollars so Fed Ex won't be tempted to lose it!

Ed

Jones

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2007
Orange County, CA
I addressed mine:

Ed Sims, guest, check in 9-9-08
c/o Mandalay Bay
3950 Las Vegas Blvd So
Las Vegas, NV 89119

If you call a few hours before you check in they should be able to have it waiting in your room.

Bring tape & preaddressed labels for the return home package. Fed Ex is way more reliable than the airlines so I mail my stuff everywhere I go. I always insure it for a few thousand dollars so Fed Ex won't be tempted to lose it!

Ed

Do you send it in a box?

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
boxes

Yes. Two cardboard boxes (double wall) that I've used before to ship to hotels. I also ship to Fed Ex or UPS as "Customer Pickup". I'll go to their pick up facility & it's always waiting for me.

Ed

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
If you take it to them (fed ex/ups) they will box it for you.

But you guys are very smart.......I either do that or send my luggage along with my trailer rig or someone elses that is going my way, even when I am flying. So nice to get on and off a plane without waiting on baggage claim.

Smart guys you are........must be a GT thing.....Holiday express has nothing on staying in a GT seat for 10 minutes:lol

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Fed Ex is way more reliable than the airlines so I mail my stuff everywhere I go. I always insure it for a few thousand dollars so Fed Ex won't be tempted to lose it!

Ed

I always thought the insurance limit for Fed Ex was $500.00.

I've always had good service and reliability with Fed Ex.

I think I'll bring all my stuff in the car, but ship some back. Thanks for the reminder.