Fan Control

Jun 8, 2012
West Vancouver
The fan control knob on my GT just turns. It does control the fan but i need to spin it a few times each way for off and on. Anyone else have this issue?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Eric, several years ago I had the same issue. The knob would just go around in circles. I believe the part is made by Vintage Air, and it's one control board that controls all the knobs. The GT Guys replaced the board for me.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
If the knob is just turing the set screw is loose. It's not complicated to fix it but you do have to take quite a few things out to get the center console off. If you have a Macintosh you'll have to remove the subwoofer and then loosen the center console but you won't have to take it off to get the circuit board loose. Then it's a hex set screw to tighten it up.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Mine was more than that.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I thought you were talking about rowdy sports fans, so I was going to suggest this:
http://mobile.rawstory.com/therawst...ons-for-riot-control,4febaaf57af68a84dccfcd29

Jun 8, 2012
West Vancouver
Thanks for this. I took the console apart and had to remove the module. It was a simple loose allen screw that unfortunately you can’t get to unless you take the console out. All works great again and did it in less than an hour.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Thanks for this. I took the console apart and had to remove the module. It was a simple loose allen screw that unfortunately you can’t get to unless you take the console out. All works great again and did it in less than an hour.

Yep, gotta take apart the whole thing. If you know your target it's more about loosening things than total disassembly but still a task the first time.

P.S. I'm glad there is someone else who's not afraid to work on the car yourself. It's not really complicated. Just a Ford.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Great thread.

I just reinstalled my central console and found my fan know loose. PITA had to remove it again and tighten the set screw.