family stuff--new lawyer

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
This is my one car site that indulges family comments/bragging . Here is my "little girl" on her first day as a NY lawyer.

Why after seeing her dad work the last 25 years she decided to be a lawyer is beyond me.

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Wow congratulations on a job well done Dad ! I have three college age daughters and they are all still a work in progress

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
A Big Day - Best Wishes to your daughter in NY!! And, congratulations to you both!

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
My daughter is a sophomore and wants to be a teacher! Oh well, still a very proud dad.
John

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Nothing wrong with teaching. You should be very proud.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Congrats. A great accomplishment.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Happy for her and I share your " daddy proudness" in her achievement.

You Go girl:thumbsup

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
My daughter is a sophomore and wants to be a teacher! Oh well, still a very proud dad.
John

My wife was a teacher (now retired). After seeing her do it day in day out (really, there are no summers off) since 1975, I declare her a saint. She taught what we old farts called remedial reading, now Literacy. In both MA and CO, most of the students were "English as a second language" who were struggling with reading in any language, but add to it that English was not their native language and it was a very difficult task. She got dinged continually on her classes test scores, but the administration usually "got it". Near the end it was much more difficult and they wanted her to change her methods (nothing works better than phonics but the new English curriculum is like the new Math from years ago and we all know how well that worked out). The thing that kept her in it was that every once in a while a student would come back after graduating from high school and sometimes college and have them say that she was their most influential teacher.

I remember one year she taught a session on the Holocaust (I think Diary of Ann Frank was the reading material) and the Frontline show was on, and also the Twilight Zone episode. She wanted to show the Frontline but the principal agreed on Twilight Zone since it was "entertainment" and not as gruesome. The kids all "got it".

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
They grow up so fast!!! When my daughter was being "sworn in" for the NY Bar, the Judge that was leading the "ceremony" asked the group of "kids", how many of you have jobs, the answer 4 years ago, was less than half. I'm willing to bet that more than half had loans to pay. Good for your daughter, the NY market is tough to break into, she must be a very smart young woman!!!! Congrats to you and your family for a job "well done"!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Okaaay...I'm gunna be the male chauvinist pig of the group and come right out and say what everyone here is thinking:

What a DOLL!!!

I'm going to my room now...:leaving:

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Okaaay...I'm gunna be the male chauvinist pig of the group and come right out and say what everyone here is thinking:

What a DOLL!!!

I'm going to my room now...:leaving:

LOL. If someone was to go there, I was hoping it would be tame like yours. Thanks. she favors her mom (thank God)

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Congratulations to the whole family! Keep us posted on her progress to the Supreme Court.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Wish I was 40 years younger - a real beauty, with brains too!!

Congratulations, Terry

:thumbsup :thumbsup

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Congrats! Yes, cute girl. Keep her on the right coast away from Kayvan :)

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Ha. The "girl" is a woman, and I have a feeling she can take care of herself.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Thanks guys. We are all blessed.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Congratulations Terry!

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Terry,
Way to go to your family and daughter, great achievement. Having my son start his last year of college I know how much effort it takes from the entire family including her brothers. My son started his last season of college golf this Monday / Tuesday in Hattiesburg, MS. and we were there to watch.

Wishing her the best and again, way to go proud dad.

Larry Boatner

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Her billable hour requirement isn't high enough if she has time to take a selfie. :lol

Good luck to her and congratulations to you.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Her billable hour requirement isn't high enough if she has time to take a selfie. :lol

I bet she's smart enough to create billable hours while out of the office, by way of example, at a FGT Rally. :lol