Fair price for an early '05 no stripe?

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Hello,

I am looking for a no stripe car, and have come across 2005 #822, silver, 3 option car. 100 mile car, still on MSO.

I know the original sticker price was probably below $160k, correct?

What would you all consider a fair price for such a car? Obviously it's a rare color combo, but is it worth much over sticker in today's market?

Thanks in advance...

Fastlane

Aug 31, 2006
Houston
I don't have a response for your question above, but judging by the list of cars in your sig, seems as though you have FUN no matter WHAT you drive!! Very nice!!

Good luck in your quest for a GT, too!!

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
This car listed for ~ $152,000. Silver is the rarest color, silver/no stripe rarer still. On MSO so a new car really. I wouldn't expect anything off list, maybe a touch over. Let the dealer show their hand first. It's worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Prices have been rising and with the advent of spring, will in all liklihood continue to do so.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Hello,

I am looking for a no stripe car, and have come across 2005 #822, silver, 3 option car. 100 mile car, still on MSO.

I know the original sticker price was probably below $160k, correct?

What would you all consider a fair price for such a car? Obviously it's a rare color combo, but is it worth much over sticker in today's market?

Thanks in advance...

This may sound obvious, but, it's really worth whatever you'll pay & they'll accept. (To answer your 1st question, the '06's were stickered at $10K more than the '05's.)

These cars seem to be "headed North" price wise these days, so, if the car is exactly what you want and YOU'RE satisfied with the price, buy it & enjoy it. Buying a GT at "rock bottom" is a little like holding out & buying a given stock at that price ... 'pretty much not going to happen. You'll ALWAYS find somebody who bought one for less ...or MORE...no matter what you pay yourself.

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
This may sound obvious, but, it's really worth whatever you'll pay & they'll accept. (To answer your 1st question, the '06's were stickered at $10K more than the '05's.)

These cars seem to be "headed North" price wise these days, so, if the car is exactly what you want and YOU'RE satisfied with the price, buy it & enjoy it. Buying a GT at "rock bottom" is a little like holding out & buying a given stock at that price ... 'pretty much not going to happen. You'll ALWAYS find somebody who bought one for less ...or MORE...no matter what you pay yourself.

"You'll ALWAYS find somebody who bought one for less ...or MORE...no matter what you pay yourself"
Isn't that the truth........but.....many who paid much more !

What's it worth to you ? :thumbsup

futuregt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 25, 2005
I have that exact car

Silver no stripe with 3 options, before 10K sticker increase. MSRP is 151,595. I paid sticker 16 months ago. Silver with no stripe is VERY rare.I was told by this site maybe 8 or 9 made in that combo. MSRP would still be a good deal, but if you miss that car, it'll be impossible to find another new one. Good luck

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Ditto all these comments. If you want one with this color combo then this is likely the only shot you'll get. If you're not set on the color than maybe wait or try to bargain.

I love my blue, and I was so over silver when I was ordering mine (it's become the "new white"). That said, silver has totally grown on me on GTs, and the rarity further adds to my affinity for the color. If I didn't have mine I'd be all over this one...

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
From a previous thread:

Waldo,
There were 156 2005 Silvers... 16 had no center or side stripes, 26 had side but no center stripes, and this particular car with side stripes only, mac, light weight wheels, and red calipers is one of five.

Quickdraw is the man when it comes to production numbers. Good luck with the car.

Best Regards,
Waldo

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Thanks everyone.....keep those comments coming. I'd be equally happy with a Tungsten or Black no striper.....but the best would be a blue one like Centerpunch's old car.

This one is probably going to be over $160k....which is a bit steep for a $151k MSRP car. We'll see when I see it in person.

So #822 is after the Speedi-sleeve cars, right?

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
I have never seen a picture of a silver no stripe...sounds like a cool car...hope you get it. . I paid 164K for my Black GT, new (before conversion)

lamboman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 14, 2006
Atlanta area
(To answer your 1st question, the '06's were stickered at $10K more than the '05's.)

Actually not true. The '05 cars had the 10k price increase about 3/4th thru production. My '05 Yellow stickers at 166.7.

Last edited:

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
If you want one with this color combo then this is likely the only shot you'll get. If you're not set on the color than maybe wait or try to bargain.

Absolutely. There is a limited number available and they are not making any more. So the question is, is an unusual car worth any more. Yep, that's why there are the postings about a Boss 429 for big bucks when you could go buy a new GT500 for a potion of that price.

If I was going to sell my yellow no option car, talk to me at 190K and see if I am interested. One of a kind, and no more to come. Nothing worse than driving your GT and seeing yourself going the other direction :lol

If it is on MSO, that is a bargin. You're taling 5% over for a rare, new car, when the identical car after the increase will cost even more. Opportunity knocks very rarely for uncommon items. Pass, and like ENZo BTR said, there may be no other chance. Most people don't regret what they buy, the regret what they didn't buy (let's see, GT-40 for $17,500.00, baby blue V-12 E convertible for $5,500.00, selling my 63 Covette couple for $1,300.00, passing on the T/A challenger for $1,000.00, riding in the GTO Judge convertible and thinking "ick" - would never own one - but that was in the "real" muscle car days, and so on).

Buy - you might blow 5K more than you want, but unless your putting in the grave with you, so what ....................

P.S. my '05 # 931 was still pre-price increase :thumbsup

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
The 10K price increase began July 1, 2005. Any cars ordered after that date got the increase. Cars orderd before that date did not. My fully equipted '05 #1297 stickered for $156K without the 10 K.