Fair Market Value?

Logan11

GT Owner
Aug 13, 2007
I am ready to buy a GT (love them!) but i am trying to determine what a fair price is for a gray 2006 GT with all 4 options with 1900 miles on it?

any info is greatly appreciated. i love the car, a friend has one, but still need to educate myself about them a bit so i get a fair price.

thanks.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
There will be opinions all over the map here, but, in general, you can pretty much figure paying around "sticker" these days, color be darned, for a non-modified car. 'Might be a grand or so 'under' for 2,000 mile cars - maybe ... but certainly those with under 1K miles seem to be going for sticker if not a squeek more.

"Distress" sales may net you one for less (divorce, etc.). Of coarse, cars that have been damaged most certainly will be less.

I know of a pristine, 700 mile GT "in the process" right now that's going for just a tick over sticker.

Have a pro check the car out B4U buy it - unless you know the car/owner personally. ('Only exception there might be if you buy from one of the members here on The 'Forum. I should think you'd get the 'straight scoop' from any of them.)

'Just my $.02.

jimbo1

Aug 4, 2007
I can tell you his, I have been shopping for an 06 Grey or Black and every one I have come across has been well over sticker.

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
look at kelly blue book. Since thats where most dealers will be starting their thought process. Then just go haggle on the car that you want. A few dollars more or less is nothing compared with getting the car you want.

jimbo1

Aug 4, 2007
KBB shows $15k over list!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
If you got what you want, you paid the right price. I paid $15k over window, no complaints.

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
KBB shows $15k over list!

You got it. Heritages are actually over that depending on when you look as the well is pretty dry and they are one year rare.

I bet if you advertised a finders fee a few below that MIGHT pop up. Real deals on these cars are becoming guarded secrets as a lot of current GT owners are moving into their second, third and in some cases fourth GTs

S

:ack:ack:ack:ack

Logan11

GT Owner
Aug 13, 2007
thanks for the info

I really appreciate the help and info. seems that around sticker is where they should be. At the risk of sounding uninformed, can you let me know what sticker is for a gray 06 with 4 options?

question- if there a general consensus that these will hold value or event appreciate due to how few were made?

finally - anyone know if one that is available for sale that i should consider? i am partial to the gray or black.

thanks again for the help.

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
I really appreciate the help and info. seems that around sticker is where they should be. At the risk of sounding uninformed, can you let me know what sticker is for a gray 06 with 4 options? $167,000

question- if there a general consensus that these will hold value or even appreciate due to how few were made? IMO, they should at least hold their value.

finally - anyone know if one that is available for sale that i should consider? i am partial to the gray or black.

thanks again for the help.
x

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
With 4038 made, it is very doubtful they will appreciate, they are holding their value because there is not a replacement model on the horizon.

jimbo1

Aug 4, 2007
I must disagree. These cars are already going UP in value. There are probably lss thn 3000 or so left in the US. Some are totaled,some have been shipped over seas, etc.

jimbo1

Aug 4, 2007
Some have been turned into race cars

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Msrp for a fully optioned '06 (other than Heritage) was 166,945. IMO that would be a good buy for a 1900 mile car with a verfiable good history, particularly if you don't have to pay sales tax.

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Any "no issues" car (non heritage) with less than 5k miles in the sub 165k range is a good deal (read that as a steal). Anything less than that in price you need to look for what is wrong with the car.

Heritage cars are at a premium now. 190-195k range. I was looking for a second one and still am. But am looking for one in the 180 range. If they drop a bit in the near future ... I'll get one. If not in a few months I will anyways.

You get what you pay for and you pay for what you want.

S

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
There you go Logan11, several knowledgable GT owners have weighed in. I talked my buddy into letting his Tungsten go for below market at $160k as the market in Hawaii is very limited and the buyer will likely come forward from the mainland. There's $1k shipping cost to the West Coast and the added burden of logisitics. I figured $5 - 7k discount would be more than fair.

closeshave

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 13, 2007
London/ Peoria Illinois
With 4038 made, it is very doubtful they will appreciate, they are holding their value because there is not a replacement model on the horizon.

Surly the fact that with age and (low) mileage they are not really depreciating means they are appreciating in value?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Show me one car where 4000+ was made that are truly appreciating.

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
I believe this is a matter of simple economics driven by demand which will likely continue to exceed supply.

jimbo1

Aug 4, 2007
Show me one car where 4000+ was made that are truly appreciating.

They sale cars at barrett jackson all the time for 20 times more than they originally cost. Cudas, Camaros, 56 chevys, etc. Everyone of those cars had well over 4000 production numbers. Also, the facts are there. The FGT is allready appreciating. The cars could be purchased for $20k less last year.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Barrett Jackson is a puppy mill for baby boomers and wealthy folks to buy the car they lusted after in the early years.

The true American classics will always be valuable, cars like. ZL1's, real (not clones) hemi cars, etc.

The collector car market is overheated. Folks retreating from the stock market might foolishly park their money in the wrong cars.

The Ferrari market is a great example of the true market. High production cars from 308's to current spiral downward in price.
Limited runs appreciate.

If you bought your fgt as an investment you made a big mistake.
My 2 cents