Factory gauge repair info

JWB211

GT Owner
Aug 10, 2012
I have a 05 I purchased a few weeks ago with a bad boost gauge. It appears the only way to go for replacement is Speedhut. I would like to have the factory gauge repaired so I can keep all the original parts for down the road. Can anyone recommend a shop to repair the OEM gauge? Also should I replace the whole gauge set at once or wait for them to die one by one? I have noticed the speedo seems to be a bit "jerky" in movement at times but seems to work. Is that normal or an indication of failure?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
No good news here. No one has a source to repair. MANY threads on this. The speed hut option was derived from the efforts of a forum member.

Welcome as I noticed was your 1st post.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The Speedhut is not an original looking gauge. If you do them you will want to replace your entire gauge panel with the Speedhut setup. You can get close to getting a full Speedhut setup for the cost of replacing a single Ford gauge. If you want to keep your car "original" you will do both - get the replacement, make sure it works, put the Speedhuts in and set the original aside for later.

As has been mentioned, this is probably the topic with the most base posts on this single subject. Search is your friend.

JWB211

GT Owner
Aug 10, 2012
No good news here. No one has a source to repair. MANY threads on this. The speed hut option was derived from the efforts of a forum member.

Welcome as I noticed was your 1st post.

That's kinda what figured. I searched a bit but never ran across any repair info. Guess I'll just save it as is.

Thanks for the welcome. I tend to read more than post but I'm sure there will be more questions as I dive in to this thing.

JWB211

GT Owner
Aug 10, 2012
The Speedhut is not an original looking gauge. If you do them you will want to replace your entire gauge panel with the Speedhut setup. You can get close to getting a full Speedhut setup for the cost of replacing a single Ford gauge. If you want to keep your car "original" you will do both - get the replacement, make sure it works, put the Speedhuts in and set the original aside for later.

As has been mentioned, this is probably the topic with the most base posts on this single subject. Search is your friend.

Thanks. Any good sources or forum supporting vendors for an OEM to put up for later?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
For your replacement (to put "in your lock box") Torrie is your best bet. You might have a friendly local Ford dealer that will get you the same discount but it's a toss up with his discount and shipping. PM him at tmcphail.

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
I wouldn't waste $0.05 on a replacement factory gauge. After three failed gauges (fuel, boost, volts) I replaced the entire set with the Speed Hut setup and haven't looked back since.

Last edited:

05 Ford GT

GT Owner
Oct 20, 2005
Excelsior Springs Mo.
Viper Joe is correct. I am in the process of Speed Hut gauges myself. I will also keep the originals but reley on Speed Hut to keep my sanity. Just trying to decide on the shift lights or no shift lights.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Keep ur car on factory charger 24/7/365...done so for last 3yrs

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
Keep ur car on factory charger 24/7/365...done so for last 3yrs
I followed that method exactly; didn't matter, the gaugesjust kept failing! New Red Top battery likewise made no difference. That aside, Speedhut gauges look better than OEM, especially now that the voltage gauge is numerically indexed.