Extended Warranty

RKGT

GT Owner
Apr 3, 2007
Boise, Idaho
My factory warranty on my 2006 GT will be expiring soon. Ford does not offer an extended warranty for the GT. Based on the extended warranty related information that I've read on this forum, there is not an extended warranty worthwhile for the GT. Just wanted to verify this is still true?

Thanks,
RK

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
True. Look for recent post by JBG on USFidelis.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

Ford GT Extended Warranty Through Power Ford

I have an extended warranty on my 2005 Ford GT issued through AutoNation / Power Ford. It is a "Bumper to Bumper" warranty that covers everything mechanical and electrical. I selected a 6 year (9 year from manufacture date), 75,000 mile, $0 deductable option. Only requirement is that the GT receives scheduled mainanance as per the Ford Owner's Manual. It cost me $2,321. This warranty is transferable (one time only) upon sale of the vehicle. I spent months looking for a warranty without much luck. I found out about this warranty by chance when Power Ford called me with an offer to extend my 2005 Mustang warranty. I told them that I already had a policy on my Mustang but would be interested in a policy for my Ford GT. I made sure they understood that it was not a Mustang GT but the Ford Supercar. They verified the car using my VIN and had no problem securing the warranty. The underwriter is Western General Insurance Co. Contact Fred Musil 888-485-4337 for options and coverages. As luck would have it, I had 6 repairs under Factory Warranty, but have had no problems since acquiring this policy. I did try to get my broken rear vents replaced using my warranty card at my Local Ford Dealership. They said that it only covered mechanical or electrical failures relevant to the proper operation of the car. He indicated that body panels and cosmetics are only cover by the original Ford Factory Warranty. So....there you have it. While not as complete as the original warranty, it still covers anything related to the vehicle's proper operation. One other thing: My policy covers lodging ($150/day)for up to three day during trips, towing, free roadside assistance, towing, and $30/day ($150max)car rental. Hope this is helpful. Good Luck, Tim GT374

JBG

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 25, 2006
Scottsdale
Tim
How do they handle claims with a FGT that has been modified? That seems to be a major reason for denying a claim and/or coverage through US Fidelis.
John

Tupps11

Feb 26, 2009
Beirut/Lebanon
I have an extended warranty on my 2005 Ford GT issued through AutoNation / Power Ford. It is a "Bumper to Bumper" warranty that covers everything mechanical and electrical. I selected a 6 year (9 year from manufacture date), 75,000 mile, $0 deductable option. Only requirement is that the GT receives scheduled mainanance as per the Ford Owner's Manual. It cost me $2,321. This warranty is transferable (one time only) upon sale of the vehicle. I spent months looking for a warranty without much luck. I found out about this warranty by chance when Power Ford called me with an offer to extend my 2005 Mustang warranty. I told them that I already had a policy on my Mustang but would be interested in a policy for my Ford GT. I made sure they understood that it was not a Mustang GT but the Ford Supercar. They verified the car using my VIN and had no problem securing the warranty. The underwriter is Western General Insurance Co. Contact Fred Musil 888-485-4337 for options and coverages. As luck would have it, I had 6 repairs under Factory Warranty, but have had no problems since acquiring this policy. I did try to get my broken rear vents replaced using my warranty card at my Local Ford Dealership. They said that it only covered mechanical or electrical failures relevant to the proper operation of the car. He indicated that body panels and cosmetics are only cover by the original Ford Factory Warranty. So....there you have it. While not as complete as the original warranty, it still covers anything related to the vehicle's proper operation. One other thing: My policy covers lodging ($150/day)for up to three day during trips, towing, free roadside assistance, towing, and $30/day ($150max)car rental. Hope this is helpful. Good Luck, Tim GT374

Seems like an excellent plan, considering what is currently being offered to owners

Warranty issues with modified GT

Well John, I'm not sure how they would deal with a modified car. Probably best to call them and see. My GT is bone stock so it wasn't an issue when I purchased the policy. In the meantime, I will read all of the fine print on my policy and get back to you if I find any disclaimers for modifications. Tim

Last edited: